The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

For them to have been his recommendations he'd have to have been all over England etc to unearth Coll Donaldson.  Was he involved in Holts signings last year?  Doesn't seem likely either.  

Just so it's abundantly clear,  I'm not having a go at the board here so no need to get all defensive.  

Just genuinely wondering why our chief scout seems to have been at the club for over a year and we don't seem to have unearthed any gems. Not sure many fans would be aware of his movements or that he'd been all over England etc based on the signings we've made that's all.  

I think he was only mentioned on here as being back in the fold around the same time as when Rennie came in. The fact Rennie was mentioned as staying on to help the board for the last few weeks of the season makes me think him and our scouting network were building a list of potential signings, whether Mcglynn has used any from that list is another question and as Shadders mentioned a few days ago Mcglynn has brought across his scout pal from Raith to work with Allan Fraser.

Hopefully we'll see some of his handy work signing themselves up for the navy blue pound soon!

8 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

For them to have been his recommendations he'd have to have been all over England etc to unearth Coll Donaldson.  Was he involved in Holts signings last year?  Doesn't seem likely either.  

Just so it's abundantly clear,  I'm not having a go at the board here so no need to get all defensive.  

Just genuinely wondering why our chief scout seems to have been at the club for over a year and we don't seem to have unearthed any gems. Not sure many fans would be aware of his movements or that he'd been all over England etc based on the signings we've made that's all.  

LinkedIn profiles can very often be out of date.

Shouldn't take anything you read on social media as gospel.

58 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Good grief I really needed to hear that podcast. I never realised how much till I did. 

I've been drifting gradually from the club for years now for many reasons, some personal but many due to awful decisions made by the club - losing ownership of land/stadium, closing academy, terrible board, treating fans with contempt,  appointing a DOF in tier 3, appointing an arrogant, useless individual in Gary Holt...i could go on.

For the first time in an age, post the podcast I actually feel like we might, just might be moving in the right direction.

Thankyou to all involved in putting the podcast together,  especially JS who came across brilliantly. This kind of detailed, clear, positive communication is definitely the way to go. keep it coming please!

Totally concur - articulate, transparent & informative update - 🙌

3 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

The Clydebank fans on here have wee man syndrome 

Always have since they stopped being relevant in the mid 90s. Shame as they used to be a great club back in the day challenging for promotion to the top league or surviving in it. 

As much as we are having a horrific last 4/5 years they would kill to have had our time between the mid 90s to our relegation in 2019. They have barely had a sniff of a chance at promotion (once 20 years ago?) to the prem or a major cup final. 

47 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Good start to your Falkirk bingo card:

Multiple quick responses... Check

Shadwell Dog rattles on about attendances...

Marshmallow give you red dots ...

Sick boy appears with a non witty word vomit response that even embarrasses his fellow fans....

You were the one that came on here flinging totally inaccurate attendance figures about not me.

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

Good start to your Falkirk bingo card:

Multiple quick responses... Check

Shadwell Dog rattles on about attendances...

Marshmallow give you red dots ...

Sick boy appears with a non witty word vomit response that even embarrasses his fellow fans....

Jesus, this attempt post the bait bite is conceivably even worse. Look lads and lassies, you come here seeking validation for I don’t know what. I think I have commented once on the Airdrie forum in the last decade. Really need to concentrate on you own forum, and inject it with a bit of life rather than thrashing about here like a kid with a stick in amongst the long grass.

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Defensive? You and your partner in crime Pedro are always looking for something to be critical about. He was having a go about what JS was doing you are now on the chief scouts case. Tiresome. Who do you think unearthed the lad from Hull? 

Edited by Back Post Misses

3 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Always have since they stopped being relevant in the mid 90s. Shame as they used to be a great club back in the day challenging for promotion to the top league or surviving in it. 

As much as we are having a horrific last 4/5 years they would kill to have had our time between the mid 90s to our relegation in 2019. They have barely had a sniff of a chance at promotion (once 20 years ago?) to the prem or a major cup final. 

And long may your horrific run continue. Look forward to my non-relevant team pumping you for yet another season whilst you all implode and moan about how you're the big club and this shouldn't be happening to you and likely sack yet another manager. ♦️

Edited by Glenmavis Diamond

6 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

And long may your horrific run continue. Look forward to my non-relevant team pumping you for yet another season whilst you all implode and moan about how you're the big club and this shouldn't be happening to you and likely sack yet another manager. ♦️

The sheer arrogance of these Clydebank fans!

6 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Having listened to the full podcast, one thing I’d be doing is trying to make the funds available to get Allan Fraser in on a full-time basis as chief scout as soon as possible.

Recruitment imo is the biggest factor in the success of any football club. It’s incredible we’ve had no one in the chief scout role until recently and for me the money spent on the right person in that role would be a pittance compared to what’s been wasted over the last few years on poor recruitment.

I also got the impression that youth development is definitely not a priority for the club for the next few years. Not saying that’s the right or wrong approach but I’m not really convinced that a part time under 20 squad as was floated would be of worth the trouble. Surely any player at that stage with a full time offer would be choosing that instead. 

IMO any youth development out with the elite profile is not worth the effort. Our old Youth dev program was great while it lasted but the reality is 95% of the good players are in the elite program. McKenzie lemon being the best we could stumble over last year speaks volumes. 

6 hours ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

Hopefully with mcglynn in charge we can resume normal service against a team from Airdrie like when we battered the previous club (Airdrieonians)...on a regular basis...scab back in goals would be an extra bonus 

Dreadful patter. 🤦🏻‍♂️

For what it's worth I can't see Falkirk continuing to sh*t the bed in the league so would expect our games to be at least competitive this season. The Airdrie exodus that most of the opposition fans predicted hasn't happened really, Murray and Easton are the biggest losses, Easton being the one that stings the most. Murray for me was tactically responsible for the QP loss so I'm a bit meh about him going anyway and he was quick enough to jump ship so bye Ian. The rest of the players freed will not be missed, even Max Currie who was decent enough but still conceded some howlers and doesn't command his area anywhere near enough. 

We have signed Cammy Ballantyne so far, a player no other team in L1 regardless of what the fans say would have said no too and I've heard other rumours I wouldn't be unhappy about so I'm certain we will be up there challenging. 

Should be good. ♦️♦️♦️

Edited by Shooter McGavin

Just ignore the Clydebank/Airdrie fans, its a desperate attempt to make themselves relevant and by reacting you just encourage them. Anyway, who are we looking for next, a centre mid or an actual centre forward?