The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

He is the CEO. He is responsible for all aspects of the club. He has to have an involvement across the Board. The trick is to ensure those who report to him do the job they are employed to do. 
I think the club should take no lectures from anyone previously involved or their associates in the organisation about how it should be run after the mess that was left. 
As someone said to me there are still people hanging around the club who would be happy being Directors of Ashes. In other words if the place was rubble it wouldn’t matter as long as they had power. 

Thought the last bod / hangers on was wiped clean?

30 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Preseason starting on the 11th of June, two weeks today. Can we have a signing or seven today please Mr Mcglynn?

New
New Donaldson Henderson Mccann
New New
Morrison New New
New

Seven new ? For me would only happen if some of the shite still under contract are shipped. 

32 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Preseason starting on the 11th of June, two weeks today. Can we have a signing or seven today please Mr Mcglynn?

New
New Donaldson Henderson Mccann
New New
Morrison New New
New

Thought you were filling all your blanks with our better players from last year (who I was told on this very thread that you would pick off as you please) and Cammy Ballantyne? 😂

23 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Seven new ? For me would only happen if some of the shite still under contract are shipped. 

I'd imagine that's already well underway. I think we've got up to 6 loans again for this year as well, we may finally make effective use of that avenue. 

27 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Thought you were filling all your blanks with our better players from last year (who I was told on this very thread that you would pick off as you please) and Cammy Ballantyne? 😂

I'm gutted, looks like a right rolls royce of an attacking right back. 

BEA5D4BB-9D01-4A80-8913-AD7D00B79B45.jpeg

15 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'm gutted, looks like a right rolls royce of an attacking right back. 

BEA5D4BB-9D01-4A80-8913-AD7D00B79B45.jpeg

Once again, you're shooting the messenger, like the debacle and pile on a couple of weeks ago these are not my thoughts. I'm simply recycling musings from your fellow Falkirk fans. 

24 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'd imagine that's already well underway. I think we've got up to 6 loans again for this year as well, we may finally make effective use of that avenue. 

If one thing McGlynn is good at it’s using the loan market,  when he was with us he brought in some fantastic loan signings ie Regan Hendry then signed him permanently, Ben Williamson looked good when he came in, got the best out of Ethan Ross and Kai Kennedy to name a few. 

yes some were fillers for injuries etc but he does have some great contacts in the game and can find a player within the loan market that he can improve and be a good asset 

Edited by RRFC_Liam

3 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Once again, you're shooting the messenger, like the debacle and pile on a couple of weeks ago these are not my thoughts. I'm simply recycling musings from your fellow Falkirk fans. 

Makes a change from being concerned about our attendances.  You seem more concerned about what we are doing than your own club. 

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Makes a change from being concerned about our attendances.  You seem more concerned about what we are doing than your own club. 

That's because the teddy bears have been quiet since the season ended.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Jesus Shadders, I simply pointed out that they had been dropping year on year. A fact I seem to recall you agreeing with. If anything it's you that's went off like a pint of milk left in the sun about it.

43 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Did McGlynn go for Cammy Ballantine? First I’ve heard of this, perhaps we should have taken him as well looking at Ryan Williamsons injury record and lack of any defensive awareness. 

Only McGlynn will know but is the opposite of what he’s brought in so far, ie players performing at a higher level (Championship). So, we may not have been. Airdrie cant pay more than us or offer longer contracts so doubt we were. 

12 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Only McGlynn will know but is the opposite of what he’s brought in so far, ie players performing at a higher level (Championship). So, we may not have been. Airdrie cant pay more than us or offer longer contracts so doubt we were. 

If he has signed for Airdrie we obviously were never in for him, unless the guy maybe wants to remain part time. Agree he doesn’t fit into the profile of the type McGlynn has signed or been rumoured in for this far. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

39 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

If he has signed for Airdrie we obviously were never in for him, unless the guy maybe wants to remain part time. Agree he doesn’t fit into the profile of the type McGlynn has signed or been rumoured in for this far. 

We're only after big strong men, not silly wee toaty daft laddies ae. 

6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

He is the CEO. He is responsible for all aspects of the club. He has to have an involvement across the Board. The trick is to ensure those who report to him do the job they are employed to do. 
I think the club should take no lectures from anyone previously involved or their associates in the organisation about how it should be run after the mess that was left. 
As someone said to me there are still people hanging around the club who would be happy being Directors of Ashes. In other words if the place was rubble it wouldn’t matter as long as they had power. 

Tbh I have no connections to either board and was glad to see the back of the previous one.

I don’t think this McCarthy esque idea that there are traitors lurking round every corner at the club with any views that are not totally in line with the board coming from people loyal to the previous board is particularly helpful tbh.

The point is if you appoint someone to a key role like ceo in any organisation, they need to be allowed to get on with the position they were recruited for, not try to do everything. That won’t work in any scenario.

19 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Tbh I have no connections to either board and was glad to see the back of the previous one.

I don’t think this McCarthy esque idea that there are traitors lurking round every corner at the club with any views that are not totally in line with the board coming from people loyal to the previous board is particularly helpful tbh.

The point is if you appoint someone to a key role like ceo in any organisation, they need to be allowed to get on with the position they were recruited for, not try to do everything. That won’t work in any scenario.

If you believe there are not your are being naive