The Falkirk FC Thread

Normally ends in the players revolting, obviously helps Fordyce is his cousin and it'll be interesting to see where he plays himself.
Listening to his interview it sounds as if it's been a rushed appointment as he mentioned the club had already dealt with the contracts for the players that have been announced as leaving, so it sounds as if he didn't have a say in that.

Possibly. It is definitely a left field appointment which is a bit exciting in that it’s not one of the usual dinosaurs that float around Scottish football. My biggest worry is that they are both very good players who should be starting every week and I don’t think it’s possible to mix the two.

Adam frizzell who has been attracting interest from other clubs seems very happy with the appointment so I am hoping this means he will stay.

Hard not to draw comparisons between this and falkirk appointing miller and McCracken. Maybe slightly different because McCabe and fordyce are current players with the club. Maybe I am clutching at straws [emoji2369]

48 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Possibly. It is definitely a left field appointment which is a bit exciting in that it’s not one of the usual dinosaurs that float around Scottish football. My biggest worry is that they are both very good players who should be starting every week and I don’t think it’s possible to mix the two.

Adam frizzell who has been attracting interest from other clubs seems very happy with the appointment so I am hoping this means he will stay.

Hard not to draw comparisons between this and falkirk appointing miller and McCracken. Maybe slightly different because McCabe and fordyce are current players with the club. Maybe I am clutching at straws emoji2369.png

Looking back at it now M&M were actually doing relatively well comparatively to any of the two replacements that have followed, despite playing pretty turgid football we were a good 8 or 9 points clear at the top until Gary Holt appeared and we started nosediving. The more I think about it we might actually have managed to shit fest our way to promotion that season had the wage thief not appeared and started tinkering.  

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

Hard not to draw comparisons between this and falkirk appointing miller and McCracken. Maybe slightly different because McCabe and fordyce are current players with the club. Maybe I am clutching at straws emoji2369.png

All joking aside if have thought mccabe with a bit of experience as his assistant would've been a better move and as you say you surely can't have both playing at once ? Will be interesting to see how it goes. 

All joking aside if have thought mccabe with a bit of experience as his assistant would've been a better move and as you say you surely can't have both playing at once ? Will be interesting to see how it goes. 

Well it looks like prunty is staying so he may be the eyes and ears on the sideline. Cant see McCabe retiring at 29 especially as he is still a cracking player.

28 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Well it looks like prunty is staying so he may be the eyes and ears on the sideline. Cant see McCabe retiring at 29 especially as he is still a cracking player.

He’s obviously younger than the average player/manager but you do often see the player side being curtailed as management takes over.

3 hours ago, Aufc said:

I can see where Airdrie are coming from with this decision. Your season obviously finished later due to the play-offs, meaning you were already a bit behind the curve in terms of recruitment and renewal of contracts. Murray and Easton have subsequently decamped to Kirkcaldy. Time is not on your side. Your board have probably taken a quick look at the "managerial merryground" list and concluded that this appointment represents probably not much greater a risk than one of the usual out-of-work suspects, with the added advantage that is may encourage one or two out-of-contract players to sign on again.

That said, it also has the potential to be a complete disaster, and thank God it's other clubs taking such a gamble for once and not us. We've had enough club legends/youth coaches/left-field appointments to last a lifetime. McGlynn may not be a massively inspiring appointment, but he may well prove to be an extremely logical one. Let other clubs provide the apprenticeships this season. Glad we've got experience in the dugout this time. 

Edited by AGPar

7 hours ago, AGPar said:

McGlynn may not be a massively inspiring appointment, but he may well prove to be an extremely logical one. Let other clubs provide the apprenticeships this season. Glad we've got experience in the dugout this time. 

That’s the thing. I was asked a question a few days ago which was “Have you ever been worried at the prospect of coming up against a John McGlynn side?” The honest answer was, no, I hadn’t.

The second question was “Do you think he is the right type of guy for right now?”. The honest answer was “yes”.

We didn’t need someone to simply identify the issues, we needed someone to finally bring the runaway bus to a halt, and at least have us pointing in the right direction.

I think John McGlynn has the specific skill set to do that very thing. Beyond that? Who knows. It’s pretty much uncharted territory for him as a manager.

1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

Excellent podcast. I hope those without access to podcasts aren’t too offended tho. 

Club need to open a better line of communications anyone got a pigeon or a set of flags for those that don't have Spotify

on a serious note I thought Jamie came across well and didn't hold anything back to how much damage has been done to the club but at least it was open and honest and said what everyone has said over the years here.

How long before this descends into the clubs communication with the fans is still poor and no news on when strips or season tickets will be on sale.

Its effectively going to turn into there's no leaks coming from the board so there's nothing to gossip/ or slate any potential signings we'll just moan about the lack of no signings or anything else there can be to moan about. 

Everything Jamie has said is basically what we have been wanting to hear for years.