The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Donaldson was a weird player for us, was very young at the time too. Was always shaky and error prone but somehow QPR saw something in him. I don't think it was 200k back then, I had heard something about 75k which is more plausible.

He's kinda hit a bit of a slope with his career falling down the leagues but still has time to fix that surely. 

Whatever they saw in him, it lasted for exactly one game.

5 hours ago, Tony mac said:

He was originally at Livingston and was a complete liability, can’t believe we got approximately &£200k for him , has found his level with Falkirk should manage to keep you where you belong level 3 of Scottish football.

I can believe that. Whatever Dunfermline fans are saying now he was shite for them.

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You didn’t get £200k for him - your accounts may have shown that you got £200k for him, but you didn’t. Martindale’s £200k went into your account dirty, and came out clean.

No idea where Martindale’s £200k came from mind you ????

Possibly the same place as when the “reformed character” that he claims to be then got done in 2017 for concealment of the proceeds of crime.

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Good to see Airdrie appointing two complete novices as their managerial team.  Must be the ultra cheap option surely.

It’s the sort of thing that would end in disaster with us but no doubt it’ll end up working out there.

It is wild though, no doubt.

Good to see Airdrie appointing two complete novices as their managerial team.  Must be the ultra cheap option surely.

Going to go one of two ways. Cant see there being any middle ground. McCabe comes across well and has shown himself to be a leader on the pitch.

Think we have a couple of decent signings to come.

1 minute ago, Aufc said:

Going to go one of two ways. Cant see there being any middle ground. McCabe comes across well and has shown himself to be a leader on the pitch.

Think we have a couple of decent signings to come.

Normally ends in the players revolting, obviously helps Fordyce is his cousin and it'll be interesting to see where he plays himself.

Listening to his interview it sounds as if it's been a rushed appointment as he mentioned the club had already dealt with the contracts for the players that have been announced as leaving, so it sounds as if he didn't have a say in that.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Really hope we get a couple of decent front men in early doors. Probably one of the hardest positions on the park to fill, especially in our case recently.

Quality costs money, and the better ones tend to become available at the last minute when their other options fall through. 

In recent years, Zak Rudden was our eighteenth summer signing in 2018 and he arrived in the last two hours of the August transfer window. Declan McManus signed when our League Cup campaign had already started.

If you want a comparison with late / early signings, Dennon Lewis signed on the 17th of May.

I'd prefer we took our time to get the right players in. Act in haste, repent at leisure.... 

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Was hoping to see Fordyce coming to us. I think he's a really good defender at this level.

10 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Quality costs money, and the better ones tend to become available at the last minute when their other options fall through. 

In recent years, Zak Rudden was our eighteenth summer signing in 2018 and he arrived in the last two hours of the August transfer window. Declan McManus signed when our League Cup campaign had already started.

If you want a comparison with late / early signings, Dennon Lewis signed on the 17th of May.

I'd prefer we took our time to get the right players in. Act in haste, repent at leisure.... 

Yip want us to get the right players too, I just hope that JM and PS have possibly identified said right players and we get them in earlier. Always feel a good signing in the forward positions has a positive affect when it comes to things like ST sales. Mind you with the shite we have signed the past few seasons any decent signing will help.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Yip want us to get the right players too, I just hope that JM and PS have possibly identified said right players and we get them in earlier. Always feel a good singing in the forward positions has a positive affect when it comes to things like ST sales. Mind you with the shite we have signed the past few seasons any decent signing will help.

The weakest part of JMcG and PS recruiting was identification of forwards…but they still found some. With the other changes around League One, if Kelty changes gaffer, you should be odds on favorite with JMcG…if there is no change at Kelty, 🤷🏻