The Falkirk FC Thread

McGlynn seems to be a generally well regarded manager.ย  I have no inflated expectation of what we will achieve next season but for the first time in a long time we have a competent manager with lots of contacts in the game.ย  I will give McGlynn the benefit of any doubt right now (we are cynical Falkirk fans after all) until proved otherwise.ย  The two we have signed already seem to be a different sort than in recent seasons.ย  It is not like me being hopeful but I am prepared to stick my head above the parapet this season looking for positive signs until life comes along and hits me over the head with a shovel as usually happens.ย  COYB.

15 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

Take it you lot rated him?

Yes. He was the only good signing Yogi made. Very dominant CB. He's vocal and he's team mates no about it if they mess up. Dundee United fans think he's horrendous but I never witness the dodgy mistakes they warned us about.

12 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Yes. He was the only good signing Yogi made. Very dominant CB. He's vocal and he's team mates no about it if they mess up. Dundee United fans think he's horrendous but I never witness the dodgy mistakes they warned us about.

So do County fans but he was playing in the Premiership with both clubs.ย  The Championship is his level.

Donaldson seems to be one of those players who's either completely brilliant or utterly shite, depending on which teams fans you listen to.

Let's give him a chance though and don't slaughter him at the first sign of a mistake.

Just now, ShaggerG said:

Donaldson seems to be one of those players who's either completely brilliant or utterly shite, depending on which teams fans you listen to.

Let's give him a chance though and don't slaughter him at the first sign of a mistake.

Dundee UTD fans fucking despise him

Two signings by McGlynn so far, Arbroath fans rate Henderson and Pars fans rate Donaldson. Wtf is going on, we donโ€™t sign players that previous clubs fans rate, we arenโ€™t used to this. We normally only sign players that from day one their previous clubs fans tell us they are utter shite and 99.9% of the time they are spot on.

This is a strange new feeling but I like it. Keep it going John ๐Ÿ‘

Edited by Harry Kinnear

What looks like a positive start on our recruitment. Good to see a manager that can persuade that players Falkirk is the place to be. Let's face it Holt would still be talking to his 12th striker option just now. Guarded optimism that we might finally be heading in the right direction.

4 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Two signings by McGlynn so far, Arbroath fans rate Henderson and Pars fans rate Donaldson. Wtf is going on, we donโ€™t sign players that previous clubs fans rate, we arenโ€™t used to this. We normally only sign players that from day one their previous clubs fans tell us they are utter shite and 99.9% of the time they are spot on.

This is a strange new feeling but I like it. Keep it going John ๐Ÿ‘

Apart from alloa.๐Ÿ˜‚