The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

What looks like a positive start on our recruitment. Good to see a manager that can persuade that players Falkirk is the place to be. Let's face it Holt would still be talking to his 12th striker option just now. Guarded optimism that we might finally be heading in the right direction.

Exactly, not getting ahead of ourselves for one minute but it’s refreshing not to sign players that every one and their aunty tells us is utter mince from day one.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

What looks like a positive start on our recruitment. Good to see a manager that can persuade that players Falkirk is the place to be. Let's face it Holt would still be talking to his 12th striker option just now. Guarded optimism that we might finally be heading in the right direction.

Feeling the same way, but the feeling goes cold quite quickly when you think of the utter shite we’ve had to endure since the ginge left.

Really hoping that another few key players ( GK CB RB CM CFs) can finally get us going. 

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

He was alright, you'd think the way some Pars fans are going on that we've lost out on prime Franco Baresi.

He was originally at Livingston and was a complete liability, can’t believe we got approximately &£200k for him , has found his level with Falkirk should manage to keep you where you belong level 3 of Scottish football.

59 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

Surely got to be better than Brad Mackay at the back.

I have a West Highland Terrier that would be better than Brad McKay at the back, but the SPFL have said that four legs aren’t allowed, so Angus can’t be signed. That’s a real pity, as he would have played for food (whereas Brad doesn’t play in exchange for money).

2 minutes ago, Tony mac said:

He was originally at Livingston and was a complete liability, can’t believe we got approximately &£200k for him , has found his level with Falkirk should manage to keep you where you belong level 3 of Scottish football.

A Livingston fan who has only ever posted on the Falkirk thread. Seems a little obsessed 

2 minutes ago, Tony mac said:

Back to the Spaghettihad where you belong...

6 minutes ago, Tony mac said:

yaaass love it when we get some fanny from a league above us bothering to (try and) give us grief....."always on your mind, we are always on your mind"

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Jury out on that one. I've seen him stroll it and I've seen him look like an absolute haddy. Will reserve judgement until I see how he does for us.

I remember him being one of the Launderers golden children alongside Stefan Scougall and Marc McNulty.

Was gobsmacked when he got a move to QPR, but that proved to be several bridges too far for him. The best we can realistically hope for is a steady Eddie who won’t sell us down the river by doing something stupid every single game.

I think it’s starting to look like McGlynn May now be done defensively (other than a keeper), and he might now be looking for two in midfield and two up front, and hope some of Holt’s forest of deadwood ask to move on voluntarily to free up cash for anything beyond that.

10 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Just goes to watch his big team at the Tony Mac twice a season.

Wrong again mate been a season ticket holder at livi for almost 18 years ,seen all the good and many bad ,good luck next season you’ll need it.

5 minutes ago, Tony mac said:

Wrong again mate been a season ticket holder at livi for almost 18 years ,seen all the good and many bad ,good luck next season you’ll need it.

So you have seen all the administrations and the lack of effort to honour debts accrued. Must be a joy following such a despicable mob.

28 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I don’t think I’ve ever went on another clubs thread to tell them how shite any of our ex players have been when they’ve signed them, just cba to be honest.

exactly this for me...I know its multi club forum, and its good to get other teams fans perspective. .but its the signing the comment off with some pishy attempt at a dig that makes me laugh...

20 hours ago, Trump said:

Agree Shadwell, easy to see why he might be liked for the Alloa losers but not good enough for a team with any ambition.

He starred in the Alloa team that won promotion to the Championship and then did very well at that level. Not sure what ambition beyond that Falkirk have at present?