The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2022/05/25/supporter-update-meeting-details/

Credit where it's due that the BOD realise that to encourage a broad church of supporters holding these in venues other than pubs is welcome.

Tickets available online and at the club shop another plus.

No doubt this will be another thing for the moaners something to bump their gums about for no reason. 

If there's any truth in this Gary Oliver rumour then I'm glad tbh; we've offered him a new contract but I'm hoping he turns it down. He just isn't good enough for the Championship and we need better.

After years of hearing "should do a job at that level" about players from higher levels who've then gone on to be shite for you, you'll have no one making Sammonesque predictions of 20 goals a season about Oliver. I reckon he'd do exactly what he does in the Championship with 5 or 6 goals over the season, a few games (mostly against Dunfermline) where he's unplayable but also being infuriatingly inconsistent. Maybe the drop down to find his level would be exactly what he needs but I'm sure I said similar about Nesbitt.

Please tell me we’re not going to get revisionist shit about Hetherington. He was absolutely ganting. The Queens Park humiliation really should’ve been his last game for us, he came back into the team and wasn’t any better than before. He’s second only to Brad McKay on players who need punted this summer.

13 minutes ago, Russ said:

Please tell me we’re not going to get revisionist shit about Hetherington. He was absolutely ganting. The Queens Park humiliation really should’ve been his last game for us, he came back into the team and wasn’t any better than before. He’s second only to Brad McKay on players who need punted this summer.

You’ve got that spot on.

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2022/05/25/supporter-update-meeting-details/

Credit where it's due that the BOD realise that to encourage a broad church of supporters holding these in venues other than pubs is welcome.

Tickets available online and at the club shop another plus.

The pub tour events were organised by Falkirk Supporters Society, not the club and hadn’t been done in some time compared to the more formal meet the fans events held in BTGs & Westfield Lounge prior. 

I think their is an audience for both. 

Edited by RC55 FFC

4 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

The pub tour events were organised by Falkirk Supporters Society, not the club and hadn’t been done in some time compared to the more formal meet the fans events held in BTGs & Westfield Lounge prior. 

I think their is an audience for both. 

If in doubt blame the board - before even checking the facts. Been plenty of that in the last two days 

2 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

Why are so many people desperate for us to bring back Doyle?

Cant see any desperation. He's  been the best right back we’ve had since being relegated. Not hard to be fair when you compare him with Scott Mercer and Ryan Williamson.

Just now, GeordieBairn said:

Cant see any desperation. He's  been the best right back we’ve had since being relegated. Not hard to be fair when you compare him with Scott Mercer and Ryan Williamson.

Aye it’s a very low bar compared to everyone we’ve had but I’m not having the Doyle love in, he may look like he’s trying more than most but his positioning is awful leading him to make so many recovery runs therefor making him look like he’s trying.

Just now, gav-ffc said:

Aye it’s a very low bar compared to everyone we’ve had but I’m not having the Doyle love in, he may look like he’s trying more than most but his positioning is awful leading him to make so many recovery runs therefor making him look like he’s trying.

I agree. Will be put to bed when we announce Cammy Ballantyne anyway.

Why are so many people desperate for us to bring back Doyle?

Aye really don’t get that at all. He was shite first time around and just being better than Ryan Williamson is a pretty fucking low bar.

It would be like wanting Mark Durnan back because he’s ‘one of the best centre backs we’ve had since we got relegated’.

2 minutes ago, Russ said:

Aye really don’t get that at all. He was shite first time around and just being better than Ryan Williamson is a pretty fucking low bar.

It would be like wanting Mark Durnan back because he’s ‘one of the best centre backs we’ve had since we got relegated’.

Mark Durnan hasn’t captained a team to back to back promotions since leaving us. Wouldnt have him back but he wasn’t as shite as is being made out.