The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Was odds on wed pull Hibs after we couldn't get them for the crunchie opening. Sods bloody law.

Maybe out of luck now we didn’t get them as there would no doubt be moans about playing them in close succession 

18 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

Brilliant first signing. Not only a decent player but has good physical attributes that we are severely lacking… interested to see where / how he’s used. Gies another one John…

Another 10 John...

Edited by FFC 1876

7 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Doyle released by QP. I genuinely think we could do much worse.

We have done much worse but I'm not sure. He couldn't cross a cheque and was always a penalty risk at the back through silly challenges.

Guest FFC1965
12 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Definitely

He's prone to silly mistakes sometimes (I especically recall a really rash penalty given away at Montrose in Dec 2019 albeit we won 3-2) but a significant upgrade on anything we had last season and more than good enough for L1. 

Still only 30 just now (31 in Aug) and has a right good engine.  

Edited by FFC1965

11 minutes ago, FFC1965 said:

Definitely

He's prone to silly mistakes sometimes (I especically recall a really rash penalty given away at Montrose in Dec 2019 albeit we won 3-2) but a significant upgrade on anything we had last season and more than good enough for L1. 

Still only 30 just now (31 in Aug) and has a right good engine.  

Looked a bit jaded in the play off games against Airdrie, granted that was at the very end of the season but he didn't look like the same buzzy bee we had at right back. As someone else mentioned we need to be looking for better.

Much rather we tried for Ballantyne from Montrose.
As a starter aye. Doyle would make good squad cover for RB and CH, but I doubt he would be happy in that role.

Theres better out there than Doyle, but we have never been close to finding it since he left.

50 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Aw f**k looks like I’m gona fall out with a few folk tonight again. Doyle, Muirhead, McHugh…being an ex player that is better than the shite we had last season doesn’t make you a good signing.
Limited ability and will run in a straight line until he runs into someone or gets far enough up the park to cross it into the stand behind the goal. It’s ok tho cos he tries and has good patter. Get this to f**k - big no.

Henderson is a big yes tho. Well done to McGlynn and the club

Would take ballantyne over Doyle. Doyle had pace and a bit of skill, but was woeful defensively and couldn’t cross, so is no better than Williamson. With the way mcglynn plays I would hope we will see Williamson at his best, hopefully improving on what he was like pre-season with Morrison on the right wing. Doyle would be a like-for-like swap tbh, whereas as ballantyne would be a definite improvement.

45 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

As a starter aye. Doyle would make good squad cover for RB and CH, but I doubt he would be happy in that role.

Theres better out there than Doyle, but we have never been close to finding it since he left.

I think Williamson's a far better wing back in an attacking sense. Faster, good on the ball and has a better cross in him. This of course comes with the caveats that he's never tackled, injured, has to defend, head the ball, etc, etc, etc.

How was keaghan jacobs?

Aye he looked like his legs had gone. Had a decent debut away to Montrose but fell off badly after that. Might’ve been a mix of him not playing for so long and us being so shite but he just looked like he didn’t really give much of a f**k and most games would pass by without him getting involved or when he did he’d do nothing productive.

I’ve no doubt Dick Campbell would get more out of him than our dreadful managers did but I’d still think you could do a lot better.