The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Don't forget to doff your cap and tug your forelock as Kilmarnock enter the stadium, eh?

Keep digging your hole. It’ll save you from sitting on the sidelines sniping at stuff you haven’t helped with or contributed to. Make sure you get Leeds on the phone to show everyone how easy it all is.

@Shagger. You were right.

This may sound harsh, but I’m being genuine. Starting to worry that some of the older posters on here, who added value, are completely losing their marbles. Leeds United 4 weeks before the game is meant to be played ffs 

I read this forum on and off, mostly around transfer windows or when something specific is happening around the club, to see any rumours or gossip but, I would never normally think about posting.  However, after reading the last few pages I've signed up only to say thank you to:

The Crunchie Initiative 

Those who have organised FSS

The patrons group

The new board

All club volunteers

Why on earth anyone would raise their head above the parapet to try to do something good for this club knowing that they'll be met with the criticism and derision we've seen far too often from Falkirk supporters is beyond me.  These people have though and they've invested a hell of a lot of their own time and money in doing so.  Without knowing any of them, it's clear they are Falkirk people trying to make our club, and the community attached to it, better and that deserves thanks and encouragement. 

Who knows the talent we have in our fan base that is put off from volunteering to help by the criticism they know they'll receive?  It is holding the club back.

If we all want the club to improve we need to welcome and encourage anyone who is willing to try to improve it.  So thank you to everyone who is doing so.

Sounds good.
Ill do my best.
I think the profits are going to FFC.

I’ll tell you must have a thick skin. Jesus, the amount of abuse you get on here is ridiculous whether it’s liking watching Scottish teams in Europe or your political beliefs.

I don’t know why you even bother commenting on here. It’s a bit out of order tbh.

Everybody is welcome to their opinions and deserve some respect.

Give DPB a break!!

There has been so much to justifiably attack the club for over the last few years. But, when you start having a go because the CEO sends out a tweet giving a very basic update, or because of friendly opponents celebrating one of the clubs best ever players, it becomes increasingly obvious that you're not having a justifiable moan, but instead you're a torn-faced b*****d who will never be happy with anything the club does. Have a break ffs.

29 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

I’ll tell you must have a thick skin. Jesus, the amount of abuse you get on here is ridiculous whether it’s liking watching Scottish teams in Europe or your political beliefs.

I don’t know why you even bother commenting on here. It’s a bit out of order tbh.

Everybody is welcome to their opinions and deserve some respect.

Give DPB a break!!

No problem, my friend.

All taken in good heart.

Been supporting FFC since my dad took me to the 57 Cup Final and that won’t change.

As to politics, I deal with that on another platform.

Anyway, each to his own.

Guest FFC1965

Sadly I'll be away for the Killie game but its a good top flight choice for a friendly to open the KM stand. 

Aye it'll hurt a wee bit to be reminded of the 97 final but we'll get over that.  When I think of Crunchie I think of this epic 2-2 https://bettermeddle.org.uk/archive/match.php?season=1984&id=213&type=1 (a young fella called MoJo scored both PTFC goals) and the Hearts semi final when he put in a MOTM performance.  Killie should bring a decent away support too.  

The KM initiative guy(s) have been immense in getting this over the line and deserve our praise.  Inevitably some FFC fans have tried to turn it into a negative.   

I very much enjoyed the KM beer (even though I had to break lockdown rules to go collect it) and every Christmas I can make sure that the navy blue baubles have pride of place on the tree and I can recall the genius of Crunchie.    

3 hours ago, Van_damage said:

There would have been a lot better choices than Kilmarnock so why even set the bar low at Leeds? 

We had to be realistic. We couldn’t send out a blanket request and work our way down. We had to target the best and most realistic option as clubs would not confirm a friendly until nearer the time as they wait for European qualification and other factors that may affect plans. Managers also change and may want a different pre season schedule.

Take Hibs for instance. The club first contacted them when Jack Ross was in charge. He was apparently up for it but then got sacked so had to speak to them again and got a date pencilled in mid February. It fell through before it was able to be confirmed but had we still had it pencilled in then who’s to say Lee Johnson wouldn’t prefer to take them elsewhere? Sorry to say it but playing a low level Scottish opponent won’t feature highly in most managers plans as ideal preparation for the season. Managers will schedule it to give themselves the best start to a season and therefore unlikely to bow to sentiment, unless they have a personal connection. 

The Killie game wasn’t even confirmed until a few days after their last game of the season. Had they ended in the playoffs then it may not have been confirmed until now. Same with most clubs. 

We only had a couple of weeks before the League Cup matches in which to play it too as we wanted to make sure it was before the start of the season and not allow any potential for negativity to affect it. It’s also the Falkirk holidays starting on the 25th of June so wanted to maximise our potential to get as many folk there. Any later than the 24th and a lot of people would have been on holiday.

Hibs fell through mid April so we had to think of a decent alternative quickly. Killie seemed like a really good option to get in a big crowd as they were likely to go up and ofcourse there was the tie in with it being the final and the chance for revenge. Ofcourse they’ll market it as a celebration but the more punters they bring the more money the club makes, that can go towards our first team.

It’s easy to sit and say what if but harder to achieve things when you start to consider what it takes to achieve them.

We’ve never been closed to help though. It’s a bit late in the day now but if you have suggestions to help make this as good as it can be then please email us at Crunchie.initiative@gmail.com. We’re pretty tied in with what we have planned as doing all this in our spare time so if you do have an idea to help make this event better then please be prepared to do the bulk of the work in organising it. 

For every negative, (that probably haven’t got off their arse), just remember there are far more that appreciate what you have accomplished.

Well done!

1 hour ago, One off poster said:

I read this forum on and off, mostly around transfer windows or when something specific is happening around the club, to see any rumours or gossip but, I would never normally think about posting.  However, after reading the last few pages I've signed up only to say thank you to:

The Crunchie Initiative 

Those who have organised FSS

The patrons group

The new board

All club volunteers

Why on earth anyone would raise their head above the parapet to try to do something good for this club knowing that they'll be met with the criticism and derision we've seen far too often from Falkirk supporters is beyond me.  These people have though and they've invested a hell of a lot of their own time and money in doing so.  Without knowing any of them, it's clear they are Falkirk people trying to make our club, and the community attached to it, better and that deserves thanks and encouragement. 

Who knows the talent we have in our fan base that is put off from volunteering to help by the criticism they know they'll receive?  It is holding the club back.

If we all want the club to improve we need to welcome and encourage anyone who is willing to try to improve it.  So thank you to everyone who is doing so.

🙌 well posted sir 👍👌