The Falkirk FC Thread

While the killie game is recognising a legend to pick the club we've had more crap off than any other in the last 25 years than any other is weird to say the least especially for a fan based board. Apart from cup final also their supporters when we went down and also in the play off game. It's not a major deal but it is a poor decision and could easily have been avoided

34 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

Seriously? Let’s hold a friendly to celebrate 25 years since losing the final? Who’s bright idea was that.

If that’s the best you can do why not just wait and make the first league match the unveiling.

Yet another horrendous decision from our leaders.

To correct you the game is quite obviously not to celebrate losing a final, it’s about celebrating Crunchie and the opening/naming of the Kevin McAlister south stand. Also who are these “leaders” you refer to? As far as I’m aware the full thing has been 100% fan led with the signage, money raised and organisation all coming from a group of dedicated fans who’ve spent the last two years raising money for this in conjunction with various charities to celebrate and honour our player of the millennium and local boy Kevin McAlister, a little bit of appreciation wouldn’t go a miss. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

3 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

While the killie game is recognising a legend to pick the club we've had more crap off than any other in the last 25 years than any other is weird to say the least especially for a fan based board. Apart from cup final also their supporters when we went down and also in the play off game. It's not a major deal but it is a poor decision and could easily have been avoided

A different team might have been preferable for the game but it’s splitting hairs in my opinion, the full thing has been a tremendous effort and regardless of who we play I’m looking forward to the day and honouring the wee man.

Re some of our out of contract players who were rumoured to be Falkirk bound. Murray is confident of retaining Spencer who is apparently keen to stay. Bene though has interest from yourselves and Dunfermline. We've just offloaded a CB to Queen of the South and our only signed CB's are Berra and Lang, the latter of which is out until about October time. I'd suspect we might try and keep Bene as well. Not heard a peep on Tumilty or Musonda who is also out of contract but reckon he'll go back down south. 

The branding and blurb today does make it look like its the 25th anniversary of the cup final and celebrating defeat, for me naming it before say the scum game would give it more meaning and the type of atmosphere that crunchie deserves a full south stand rockin….

19 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Then there's also the possibility that they asked Crunchie what his preferred opposition would be.

52 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

Seriously? Let’s hold a friendly to celebrate 25 years since losing the final? Who’s bright idea was that.

If that’s the best you can do why not just wait and make the first league match the unveiling.

Jesus wept.We're holding a friendly to celebrate crunchie FFS . He was one of the mainstays behind our run to the final that season. It's more celebrating him and the cup run itself than just the final. Kilmarnock will bring a decent crowd too at least and as the guys from the crunchie initiative said it's not been easy to get clubs to commit. Friendlies are less and less numerous these days due to the league cup.

8 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Then there's also the possibility that they asked Crunchie what his preferred opposition would be.

Going by the crunchie initiative post it's been extremely difficult to get clubs to commit to this game. 

From the crunchie initiative boys. 

'Was going to write this on COYB but thought better to write it on here:

Seen a lot of the stick regarding the friendly against Kilmarnock. I completely understand what is being said and I’ll hold my hands up on behalf of the CI for it being portrayed as though it’s a 25th anniversary celebration of the defeat.

Our proposed friendly with Hibs fell through so we were left trying to think of an alternative and suggested Killie. 

The obvious tie in to Crunchie was the final and with it being the 25th anniversary we thought we could market it as a rematch. We were shown the graphic last week and we didn’t clock about how it would be portrayed. It was simply a marketing tool to help promote a friendly to mark the occasion and show Crunchie our appreciation. 

At the end of the day we wanted a stand alone friendly to show appreciation to Crunchie and allow the club to make some money in the process. 

If you’re having a pop then that’s fine but it’s at me and the rest of the CI. Its a bit deflating to see several people so irate about what is simply a friendly to finally mark the renaming of the stand that we’ve been working for 2.5 years to achieve. 

Been critical myself so happy to own up for the mistake. Just hope it doesn’t stop you going to the game.'

Lot of grief over nothing if you ask me and I moan at the best of times.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, Braes_Bairn said:

Dundee's diary must have been full.😂🤣😂

It’s not our leaders that have made that mate, it’s mainly me and the rest of the CI. The new board and Jamie have been really helpful and when the Hibs game fell through, Killie felt like a good option. Felt that a stand alone friendly allowed us to make it a special occasion to mark the occasion and a good opportunity for the club to make a bit of extra cash. 

The idea was a 25th anniversary rematch but it got a bit lost in translation. It was only a ploy to market it though. The whole idea of the friendly is just a match in which to honour Crunchie. Hopefully Killie will bring plenty of fans through, we’ll fill the stadium with our own and we’ll give them a bit of a pasting. 

Either way it’s an occasion for Crunchie and his family. Will be plenty of ex team mates there too to cheer him on so hopefully we can turn up in good numbers too. 

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

From the crunchie initiative boys. 

Was going to write this on COYB but thought better to write it on here:

Seen a lot of the stick regarding the friendly against Kilmarnock. I completely understand what is being said and I’ll hold my hands up on behalf of the CI for it being portrayed as though it’s a 25th anniversary celebration of the defeat.

Our proposed friendly with Hibs fell through so we were left trying to think of an alternative and suggested Killie. 

The obvious tie in to Crunchie was the final and with it being the 25th anniversary we thought we could market it as a rematch. We were shown the graphic last week and we didn’t clock about how it would be portrayed. It was simply a marketing tool to help promote a friendly to mark the occasion and show Crunchie our appreciation. 

At the end of the day we wanted a stand alone friendly to show appreciation to Crunchie and allow the club to make some money in the process. 

If you’re having a pop then that’s fine but it’s at me and the rest of the CI. Its a bit deflating to see several people so irate about what is simply a friendly to finally mark the renaming of the stand that we’ve been working for 2.5 years to achieve. 

Been critical myself so happy to own up for the mistake. Just hope it doesn’t stop you going to the game.

Lot of grief over nothing if you ask me and I moan at the best of times.

Don’t apologise friend, ffs the amount of effort and hard work yous guys have put in is fantastic. Remember some of these guys on here would be happy to criticise and moan if you had Man City or Liverpool lined up. 

Can only imagine anyone making a fuss about the opposition is too young to have seen him and appreciate what it means to get a chance to celebrate Kevin McAllister and immortalise him in our home.

That's quite literally the only reason I can think of for the negativity.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Can only imagine anyone making a fuss about the opposition is too young to have seen him and appreciate what it means to get a chance to celebrate Kevin McAllister and immortalise him in our home.

The guy that doing most of the mouthing is very old and thick as shit. 

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Either that or they're David macnamee.

Get your facts right. The CI guys chose the opponents not the club.