The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He’s actually ridiculously good

Also heard that the Henderson thing could be a lot of shite so if it is apologies.

Guy who said it on our thread usually spot on but I’ve heard he’s signed up with us for next season from as good a source as you could get... 🤣

Henderson was probably hounded out of Falkirk before (seems like all our recent players have been hounded out) so he probably wouldn’t want to come back anyway 😂

Just now, Ecosse83 said:

Henderson was probably hounded out of Falkirk before (seems like all our recent players have been hounded out) so he probably wouldn’t want to come back anyway 😂

This is the year things change 

McGlynn as much as he done my nut in 3/4 year ago in that title race we had with Raith is a great manager and from what I’ve heard players all really like the guy too I think you will do it 

Mackie will be more than good enough a lb for you in league 1 and is someone mcglynn knows so it makes sense if he ends up with you. Mcglynn did actually try and sign taylor-sinclair last summer as well though, whom I'm led to believe was shite for you. 

Mackie did get better the more game time he had for us but I don't think there's many, if any rovers fans looking for him sign for us this summer. 

Thank fcuk for that. I've actually moved on to this thread in a panic. Top player in what ever position we need him to play in.

I also believe he has been carrying a slight injury all season so hopefully even better to come. 🇱🇻

1 minute ago, GNU_Linux said:

Noticed while watching the highlights of the South Challenge Cup final the wall/fencing opposite the main stand had been taken down . Some kind of work going on?

For the Killers concert.

6 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I know you said no names but any positions on the 2 from England? The 3 from Raith have already been highly rumoured so 3 of the following likely.
Spencer/Musonda/Benedictus/Tumilty/Poplatnik/Mackie

Poplatnik and Mackie weren’t our players they were on loan.

id be surprised if you get Spencer or Musonda as I think if they’re away they’ll look up not down but stranger things have happened. 

Tumility imo is very unlikely as he’s linked with Premiership teams. 

Benedictus is the most likely imo to go with McGlynn. 

32 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Looks like McPake for the Pars. Starting to think next season's L1 might not be the inescapable shark tank some had feared.

You never who will work out where, but if you let me pick one their behalf, I might pick him.

To be honest, all I want is a league fight between us and Dunfermline, with us beating them to it by a single point as a result of a blatantly dodgy penalty in the last minute of the last game. And then them failing in the play-offs. 

21 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

To be honest, all I want is a league fight between us and Dunfermline, with us beating them to it by a single point as a result of a blatantly dodgy penalty in the last minute of the last game. And then them failing in the play-offs. 

...by another last minute dodgy penalty.

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

Expecting an even tougher league this year. Crucial the fans get behind the club and support in numbers. At the end of the day it’s cash that talks, and the major factor who’s going to be signing up.

OFGEN have just confirmed the price cap is increasing in October from £1970 to £2800

As much as supporters will want to back the club financially they just will not be able to afford it. Income from sponsors and hospitality will also be effected.

Suspect Falkirk and every other provincial club will be looking at their budgets again.

The clubs that get this wrong will go out of business.

Not good and worrying times.

16 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Mcpake can’t be that bad he managed to get Dundee promoted to the top flight! 

Never really impressed in the league despite being able to spunk cash on the likes of Charlie Adam, Osman sow and Jason Cummings. 12 points behind hearts and never really challenged them even though they weren't that great if you ask any hearts fan. Only a point ahead of Raith despite a huge budget advantage. Season before ended up 18 points behind united and behind ICT.  

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

OFGEN have just confirmed the price cap is increasing in October from £1970 to £2800

As much as supporters will want to back the club financially they just will not be able to afford it. Income from sponsors and hospitality will also be effected.

Suspect Falkirk and every other provincial club will be looking at their budgets again.

It's amazing what people can find money for if they really want it.  I'm sure the club will offer staged payments too.  I reckon we'll be at a similar level to last season ticket wise.

49 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's amazing what people can find money for if they really want it.  I'm sure the club will offer staged payments too.  I reckon we'll be at a similar level to last season ticket wise.

Yes be as innovative as possible in the deals offered.

Lets hope your right with regard with the take up.

Would rather the club was cautious in its projection and enjoy the bonus of getting more in than they expected than the other way round.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Drivel 

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

You’re such a bundle of laughs!

It must be what keeps you going.

Turn your thermostat down and put on some extra sweaters.