The Falkirk FC Thread

Can see someone like Dundee taking a punt on him or perhaps low Premiership but I think his level is championship at best. 

Dundee was exactly what I was thinking. A step up from Cammy Kerr.

Think Mcglynn could be the type of manager to get the best out of Morrison. A confidence player taken under the wing by a guy who knows the game.

I don’t see Morrison as a confidence player.
He never appears to lack in that department and I think usually gives 100%.
My concern is his inability to see a pass or provide a decent cross. Sort that out and you’ve got a first rate player imo..

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Players from whom a tune might be available surely has to include Ryan Williamson too... But whether he's too big a shitebag for even someone like McGlynn to make good use of him is seeming more likely than not. 

I've said before I wouldn't mind seeing him as a right winger, defensively he costs you a goal a game so he's not really an option at right back for me.

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I've said before I wouldn't mind seeing him as a right winger, defensively he costs you a goal a game so he's not really an option at right back for me.

I wouldn't bother with that if im being honest. If he REALLY can't be fucked to tackle/concentrate defensively under McGlynn then he can just GTF. His attacking attributes come from overlapping, getting the big galloping stride going by the midfielder thats meant to track him before they even realise. Him having to get going whilst being faced up against a fullback is a no go for me. 

If he cant be coached into a functioning RB then just punt him. 

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I know you said no names but any positions on the 2 from England? The 3 from Raith have already been highly rumoured so 3 of the following likely.
Spencer/Musonda/Benedictus/Tumilty/Poplatnik/Mackie

Heard today Shan Mackie has agreed terms but is on holiday and shall put pen to paper when he returns.

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Not saying he can't turn it around, but as it stands, I don't really want to see McGuffie in a Falkirk shirt again. Powderpuff. Happy to be proven wrong. 

For some reason my brain is always drawn to taking the chance on Nesbit rather than McGuffie, in terms of being able to get something out of them, but in the cold light of day over the season, McGuffie had a FAR more telling impact than Nesbit who is dictionary perfect for "flatters to deceive"

Nesbit seems to think his contribution to the match begins and ends when the ball comes into the final third. It doesn't seem to even cross his mind that taking part in the act of winning the ball back in our half might also see him have a greater influence in setting up attacks.......... When we lose possession, his brain goes to screensaver. I dont think McGuffie is guilty of similar, just that hes not physically up to much in the battle

Someone on our thread saying you’re signing Liam Henderson from us as his deals up

Great player just couldn’t get into our centre half position cause of Tam O’Brien and Ricky Little, both team of year centre halves 

Can play centre half, left back, defensive midfield and we even had him left midfield a lot (he’s no a winger but he’s that good on the ball as a centre half he got away with doing ok there)

10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Someone on our thread saying you’re signing Liam Henderson from us as his deals up

Great player just couldn’t get into our centre half position cause of Tam O’Brien and Ricky Little, both team of year centre halves 

Can play centre half, left back, defensive midfield and we even had him left midfield a lot (he’s no a winger but he’s that good on the ball as a centre half he got away with doing ok there)

Be happy enough with that, looks to have developed a lot since he last played with us. Good ball playing centre back.

16 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Looking forward to the club website announcing that season tickets will go on sale maybe this week or maybe the next and will cost something between nothing and £1000 each.

It'll never catch on!

Can you imagine them using it to announce signings 🤯

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Be happy enough with that, looks to have developed a lot since he last played with us. Good ball playing centre back.

He’s honestly been brilliant every time he’s played for us. McGlynn is a great gaffer he kehns what he’s doing 

Guest Ecosse83
2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Fancy giving us O’Brien? Looks quality every time I’ve seen him this season! 

2 hours ago, PetShopBairn said:

Heard today Shan Mackie has agreed terms but is on holiday and shall put pen to paper when he returns.

In the words of Ian McCall dugmeat ! But if it’s true Falkirk will soon find out , If you sign Musonda and Spencer I will be gutted not so much Benedictus 

6 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Fancy giving us O’Brien? Looks quality every time I’ve seen him this season! 

He’s actually ridiculously good

Also heard that the Henderson thing could be a lot of shite so if it is apologies.

Guy who said it on our thread usually spot on but I’ve heard he’s signed up with us for next season from as good a source as you could get... 🤣