The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

The same guy who told me we were appointing McGlynn also said Dylan Easton had signed a pre-contract. No idea on his reliability or the reliability of the contract but would be a great signing.

Easton has numerous offers on the table at a higher level than Falkirk (and I'm not saying that its ourselves) and seemingly a few from down south too. To the best of my knowledge, he's not signed anything yet and is still weighing up his options. 

Obviously, you've been linked with the likes of Benedictus and Spencer from ourselves. I'd expect both will wait to see what our new manager is saying before accepting any deal. We've looked after both of them through some longer term injuries - quite often they'll wait out of courtesy. I'd be disappointed if Spencer went as he's a really good midfielder, less bothered about Benedictus who can be quite error prone. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

27 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Easton has numerous offers on the table at a higher level than Falkirk (and I'm not saying that its ourselves) and seemingly a few from down south too. To the best of my knowledge, he's not signed anything yet and is still weighing up his options. 

Obviously, you've been linked with the likes of Benedictus and Spencer from ourselves. I'd expect both will wait to see what our new manager is saying before accepting any deal. We've looked after both of them through some longer term injuries - quite often they'll wait out of courtesy. I'd be disappointed if Spencer went as he's a really good midfielder, less bothered about Benedictus who can be quite error prone. 

If we appoint Murray as the new manager, I think Easton might chose us (yes he’s got offers else where, like FGR) as he’s came out and said he likes Murray and one of the best coaches he worked under, Easton and Spencer played together at Forfar so that might persuade both to join/stay but we will need to wait and see. 

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Jamie Swinney put out this response to a few tweets he’d received asking the same question mate. Have to say I’m very impressed with the transparency.

6E1844C1-4A39-4068-AB62-81AC6D1B96AE.png

Well, that’s our first leak given that it’s Jamie Swinney’s own Twitter account and not his FFC Official Twitter account, and absolutely nothing from the club wrt ST sales.

3 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I’d be surprised if we release ST info without having made any signings. With Swinney suggesting that could be the end of the week then we could be in for a good week. Buckle up folks, HWFG 💪🏼

WYBMAB IITY

52 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Well, that’s our first leak given that it’s Jamie Swinney’s own Twitter account and not his FFC Official Twitter account, and absolutely nothing from the club wrt ST sales.

Not sure it’s a leak of any kind to answer a question that season tickets will be on sale soon. They are on sale about this time every year. 

Edited by RC55 FFC

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Not sure it’s a leak of any kind to answer a question that season tickets will be on sale soon. They are on sale about this time every year. 

It is if it’s not through club channels. Not much of a leak mind you, but when nothing has been announced by the club, and an employee of the club puts it out into the public domain, then by any definition, that’s a leak…….but not much of one in this case, and crucially, it’s not from the Boardroom which seems to be impressively watertight.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

20 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It is if it’s not through club channels. Not much of a leak mind you, but when nothing has been announced by the club, and an employee of the club puts it out into the public domain, then by any definition, that’s a leak…….but not much of one in this case, and crucially, it’s not from the Boardroom which seems to be impressively watertight.

I get what you’re saying, as you say it’s not much of an exclusive, but communication is vital and imho doesn’t need to always come from a faceless media account. 

I follow the Motherwell CEO on Twitter and he (& Motherwell) communicate with their supporters & community very well. That CEO is well known for giving extra commentary (or at least his opinion) that you may not always get. 

Refreshing change imho from the wall of silence over the years. 

11 hours ago, FalkirkBairn09 said:

Why does Jaime Swinneys tweet matter. Not a big deal at all

Professionalism.

I don't have a problem with the tweet or info, it's most welcome but we employ staff to plan, co-ordinate and put that info out and no-doubt pay for services to enable them to do that. 

If you circumvent that and instead shoot off and do your own thing that lessens the effectiveness of having those roles and tools - I'd rather he comment on the announcement of the info he divulged.

Why have various club websites if I can contact Jamie or Lewis or someone else directly via Twitter or Facebook to ask questions or find out information.

For example, If I didn't know JS was CEO and was looking for ST info I would assume the club site is where I'd find it. 

I think that's the bugbear for some posters who have taken issue. Another area the club hasn't yet got to grips but I am glad to know I won't be waiting much longer to renew 🤑

Edited by Blame Me