The Falkirk FC Thread

Toufik Zerara

From what I can mind he was actually alright. Only played 3 games and wanted too much money to extent his deal. Certainly nowhere near the worst player that played for us that season.

3 hours ago, ClathyDave said:

Did we not pay money to sign John Stewart from Aberdeen? I seem to remember we signed him over David Templeton but I could be talking mince. 

I reckon I must have about 12 but remember being completely convinced he was Mark Stewart's Dad. How he was only 20 when we signed him I'll never know. 

Just now, FK1Bairn said:

Who was the Serbian/Croatian Internationalist signed by Eddie May. Was meant to be an absolute baller and looked great in training? He was all left footed IIRC. 

His name escapes me

Danijel Marčeta.

Who was the Serbian/Croatian Internationalist signed by Eddie May. Was meant to be an absolute baller and looked great in training? He was all left footed IIRC. 
His name escapes me

Aye that’s Danjiel Marceta. ‘Lighting up’ the training ground was the line at the time I’m sure. Did we not pay an absolutely ridiculously high loan fee for him as well?

Absolute dugmeat.

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

Aye that’s Danjiel Marceta. ‘Lighting up’ the training ground was the line at the time I’m sure. Did we not pay an absolutely ridiculously high loan fee for him as well?

Absolute dugmeat.

Found a daily record article when he signed. I’m sure the permanent figure was 200k

Bairns' head of football development, Ross Wilson, said: "We have negotiated a package that allows the player to join us initially for the season ahead. 

"But we have also negotiated a figure should Danijel and Falkirk wish to extend this on a permanent basis." 

2 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Sammy McGivern your having a laugh he was out of his depth when we moved up to the Premier League. Great servant and super effort but was a headless chicken until Simon partnered him and set up a few goals that boosted his form especially that hatrick at Airdrie.

IMO Lee Miller , Farid, Taylor Jonny graham were all streets ahead of Sammy.

Can’t speak for Johnny Graham as before my time but the others you mention, all couldn’t wait to leave & have a similar goal scoring form (especially if you are focussing on one good season for 3 of the names you mentioned) so yes I’d have Sammy over those every day of the week.

30 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

He was still playing as of April this year! Don’t mind him being awful to the level of others.

Absolutely shite, obviously improved in latter years, fits in well with the previous posts, just having a laugh at some of the names we’ve signed…….

Any signing leaks from anyone?

Hairdressers, Accountants, Agents, Ex-Board Cronies, Friends of Friends are all welcome to participate 

Guest Ecosse83
47 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Hairdressers, Accountants, Agents, Ex-Board Cronies, Friends of Friends are all welcome to participate 

Not a sausage, I usually get a good few leaks but bugger all now. Sack the board! 

Aye this is boring. Been waiting months for the season to end and nothing is happening. The same guy who told me we were appointing McGlynn also said Dylan Easton had signed a pre-contract. No idea on his reliability or the reliability of the contract but would be a great signing.

Apart from that I’ve heard f**k all - get the rumours out please. 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Aidan Nesbitts hairdresser said he potentially may be ditching the man bun in favour of pig tails. More to follow

13 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I reckon I must have about 12 but remember being completely convinced he was Mark Stewart's Dad. How he was only 20 when we signed him I'll never know. 

It was actually Wilfred Brambell we signed (Albert Steptoe). Sure the fee was actually £100k, but some of that was used to buy his shorts which were that big George Craig bought them off him and started a marquee company.

2 hours ago, GeordieBairn said:

Aidan Nesbitts hairdresser said he potentially may be ditching the man bun in favour of pig tails. More to follow

🤣 my brother in law reckons that Nesbit looks like 'a 17 year old unmarried mother fae the Plean' 

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Jamie Swinney put out this response to a few tweets he’d received asking the same question mate. Have to say I’m very impressed with the transparency.

6E1844C1-4A39-4068-AB62-81AC6D1B96AE.png