The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

There is an awful lot of competition for worst and best falkirk players.

Worst for me, as someone mentioned earlier was Taylor Morgan, a striker who just didn't look like a footballer in any shape or form, poor control, poor positioning,  weak in the air, and all backed up with a total of 0 goals in 14 appearances. 

Best is really hard, as it depends on which league we were in, who was playing around them, were they in their twilight of their career. I started going mid eighties and the 3 obvious ones everyone mentions are crunchie, stainrod and latapy. stainrod just shades it for me as he dragged us to the title, played equally as well in the premiership, entertained on and off the pitch and gave the whole team a swagger and belief, plus I was lucky enough to see his goal straight from kick off in Perth which not only due to his nerve, skill, cheek and atrocious weather conditions will stay with me till the day I die. I never enjoyed my football more than I did that season or two. 

on another note arfield playing for rangers today, didn't remember he also played for falkirk last time rangers won the cup in 2009

Not having that about Taylor Morgan...

His dummy  run set up Sibbs header in the Cup Semi against hibs!

Dylan Mackin is the worst striker I've seen, pretty sure he signed right after Haber. 6'3, must've been about 20 stone. Looked like we'd found him on Sporsters on a Saturday night. 

Going down memory lane, remember McKinnon played big Aaron Jarvis on loan from Luton (?) when we had Shayne Lavery on the bench on loan from Everton. 

12 games and 0 goals for Jarvis. 

Lavery came on in the last game of the season against County and was MOTM. 

Going down memory lane, remember McKinnon played big Aaron Jarvis on loan from Luton (?) when we had Shayne Lavery on the bench on loan from Everton. 
12 games and 0 goals for Jarvis. 

Lavery came on in the last game of the season against County and was MOTM. 

Aye Lavery and Todorov sitting on the bench but that c**t kept playing Jarvis who was absolutely brutal.

38 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Not having that about Taylor Morgan...

His dummy  run set up Sibbs header in the Cup Semi against hibs!

Dylan Mackin is the worst striker I've seen, pretty sure he signed right after Haber. 6'3, must've been about 20 stone. Looked like we'd found him on Sporsters on a Saturday night. 

Dylan Mackin scored 2 goals in 8 appearances, Taylor Morgan 0 in 14! 

Just as an act of atonement for smiling at something today, I watched the April Alloa game highlights again.
I had completely forgotten about our corner kick routine that involved passing the ball directly from the corner to Cawley.

The passing of a few weeks actually makes that nonsense feel even worse. 

1 hour ago, ClathyDave said:

Did we not pay money to sign John Stewart from Aberdeen? I seem to remember we signed him over David Templeton but I could be talking mince. 

50 grand and a 3 year deal.

20 hours ago, Amarillo Bairn said:
23 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

3-4-3

Gordon Marshall

Davie Weir, John Hughes, Tommy McQueen

Derek McWilliams, Russell Latapy, Will Vaulks, Kevin McAllister

Simon Stainrod, Sammy McGivern, Richard Cadette

Subs: Parks, Gray, McKenzie, Baptie & Coyle. 

My team tbh but I'd swap Parks with Marshall

Sammy McGivern your having a laugh he was out of his depth when we moved up to the Premier League. Great servant and super effort but was a headless chicken until Simon partnered him and set up a few goals that boosted his form especially that hatrick at Airdrie.

IMO Lee Miller , Farid, Taylor Jonny graham were all streets ahead of Sammy.

Dennon Lewis is my worst ever Falkirk player for a number of reasons.

1. Being completely shit. 
2. Being completely shit but thinking you are a player. 
3. His shambles of a performance against Dunfermline. 
4. Being a complete and utter bellend.

Honorable mentions to Leo Fasan for costing us at least 1 goal every time he stepped on the pitch. Joe Tortalano for being absolutely abysmal and showing his arse to the choir and Ally Graham for being 1 of the biggest downgrades on a player ever.