The Falkirk FC Thread

What competition was it that the 18 yard line was extended right across the pitch (like ice hockey), and you could only be offside beyond that line? Was that the Texaco Cup?

That I’m sure was the Dryburgh Cup

Just continued reading the bread and the answer was in already…duh! [emoji23]

1 hour ago, Higgenarse said:

Murray couldn't get promoted again even with his own team

Poor show losing to a side they ended up 21 points ahead of in the league. Best chance they've had of going up . Might not get another one that good.

34 minutes ago, The Laddie Gastineau said:

The late, great, John White. 

My long gone Dad reckoned White was the best player he ever saw in a Falkirk shirt. Don’t think he ever saw Crunchie though.

He reckoned White really was a ghost. Just this frail looking laddie who would appear from nowhere to score or set up a goal. He only had a season and a wee bit with us before Spurs came calling.

My long gone Dad reckoned White was the best player he ever saw in a Falkirk shirt. Don’t think he ever saw Crunchie though.
He reckoned White really was a ghost. Just this frail looking laddie who would appear from nowhere to score or set up a goal. He only had a season and a wee bit with us before Spurs came calling.
John White missed 15 games at Spurs and they only won once without him on the team.

That was the first British team to win a European Trophy, first English double of the twentieth century & a side packed full of international players, like Bill Brown, Danny Blanchflower, Maurice Norman, Dave Mackay, Cliff Jones, Bobby Smith, Terry Medwin & Jimmy Greaves.

23 minutes ago, Springfield said:

From a colleague (work related only)that supports RR, two players to join us. Don’t have anything confirmed so with it being the silly time for “make believe” I will treat as nonsense.

One of my pupils is a RR fan and was saying the same to me this morning. Could be a load of hokum right enough.