The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Puma collar this year?

Are Man City going for the ‘we are going to nick your mobile outside the chippy look’ or Oasis tribute band?

8189ABD4-57C4-4023-9FA8-178D45A8546C.jpeg

Foden, multi millionaire and still thinks scheme goblin is a good look.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Me and my mates were talking last night about former Falkirk players who have played in European finals.

David Weir
Tony Parks
John Clark
Chris Waddle
Jackie McNamara
Scott Arfield

Any others?

Alex Scott (Rangers-Fiorentina 1961)

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Me and my mates were talking last night about former Falkirk players who have played in European finals.

David Weir
Tony Parks
John Clark
Chris Waddle
Jackie McNamara
Scott Arfield

Any others?

Stewart Kennedy and Gary Gillespie were both substitutes.

1 hour ago, Jambo98 said:

George Connelly Celtic 1970 European Cup to add to your ex Bairns who played in European final

What a footballer and could have been Scotlands Franz Beckenbauer. One of Scottish footballs what if he could have and his clubs addressed his personal problems - tragic loss to football.

Was a shadow of the player he was when he played for Falkirk but the occasional glimpse of what a phenomenal player he was could be seen now and again. It was shown when Falkirk got a free kick up to 40 yards out. The opposition were all back, 2 players on the goal line, a wall and terrified. They knew all to well what he could do. 

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

David Weir
Tony Parks
John Clark
Chris Waddle
Jackie McNamara
Scott Arfield

Any others?

John Burridge played in the 1971 Anglo-Italian Cup final...

Obviously not a serious suggestion but it sounds like it was a lot of fun:

"The first final was abandoned early due to violence, with Swindon Town declared the winners. During its time the tournament had a reputation for violence between fans, and also between players on the pitch."

What competition was it that the 18 yard line was extended right across the pitch (like ice hockey), and you could only be offside beyond that line? Was that the Texaco Cup?

What competition was it that the 18 yard line was extended right across the pitch (like ice hockey), and you could only be offside beyond that line? Was that the Texaco Cup?
Subbuteo pitches used to have that line. It wasn't at 18 tho it was a good bit further out.... Maybe 25 or 30.

Unsure how accurate subbuteo pitches were.

31 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think it was the Drybrough Cup in the 1970s.

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

I think it was the Drybrough Cup in the 1970s.

Edited to add:

Unadopted experiments[edit]

During the 1973–74 and 1974–75 seasons, an experimental version of the offside rule was operated in the Scottish League Cup and Drybrough Cup competitions.[100] The concept was that offside should only apply in the last 18 yards (16 m) of play (inside or beside the penalty area).[100] To signify this, the horizontal line of the penalty area was extended to the touchlines.[100] FIFA President Sir Stanley Rous attended the 1973 Scottish League Cup Final, which was played using these rules.[100] The manager of one of the teams involved, Celtic manager Jock Stein, complained that it was unfair to expect teams to play under one set of rules in one game and then a different set a few days before or later.[100] The experiment was quietly dropped after the 1974–75 season, as no proposal for a further experiment or rule change was submitted for the Scottish Football Association board to consider.

Could not care less what Dunfermline are doing. As it stands they do not have a manager. Neither do Raith. Neither do Dundee. Kelty possibly about to lose theirs. Hamilton supposedly looking to empty Taylor. Myriad clubs in various states of disarray and uncertainty whilst we got our appointments done as early as possible which should be standing us in far better stead in terms of convincing potential players to sign this summer. If ever there was a time to exploit us being more organised than many of our rivals, it is now.

Far too much time spent on what other teams are or are not doing. 

45 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Sources telling me Yogi Hughes has today left Dunfermline. 

Fucking disgraceful leaks from that Fife Board