The Falkirk FC Thread

22 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

175 years geez its even worse than was thought.

It should be the boards long term ambition and plan to buy out the council. Put some numbers together with an independent valuation. See what the cost would be over a 45 year loan and the difference between the repayments and what the council rip up the club every year.

Councils are strapped for cash so the club putting a casher on the table as a one off boost to their funds could well work.

The status quo in not acceptable and the longer it goes on then the more money bleeds out the club.

All that is needed is the ambition and the drive to do something about it.

Post was most informative - respect

I've no idea why when we had the majority shate of the original group that the council were allowed to design the bloody stadium unless it was to reduce costs or something. We could've had a full ground on a smaller scale for that sort of money instead of a grandiose main stand which is being well underused. The club at least had the idea of using it for hospitality events and parties when George Craig put the marquee up and money started to flow in for the fcsl. However, the council pressured the fcsl management into dismantling all that to allow a company called Oran to take over the area. They did this and then Oran pulled out leaving no event facilities and no new Tennant. It's been a complete shambles by the council from start to finish.

8 hours ago, Zbairn said:

I’m pretty sure that the deal with Morrisons included land owned by the council. We only got a fraction of the total cash from the sale of Brockville and the surrounding land.

The council did stuff us though. If the Camelon mafia in the Labour group got their way, we would have got no council cash at all to build the Stadium. In hindsight, might actually have been a good thing in the long run.

They wanted it to house Celtic youth games.

7 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

Any chance of some news about season tickets … or even a wee “👀📝” 

Be interesting to see if they continue with the Early Bird deals. Might be three or four options. Early Bird (reduced price) Early Bird + Crunchie Stand Game, then full price + Crunchie game. It’s going to be difficult to come up with a balanced package that keeps everyone happy.

A couple of ins and a couple of outs could make a huge difference to how people view it all.

22 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Be interesting to see if they continue with the Early Bird deals. Might be three or four options. Early Bird (reduced price) Early Bird + Crunchie Stand Game, then full price + Crunchie game. It’s going to be difficult to come up with a balanced package that keeps everyone happy.

A couple of ins and a couple of outs could make a huge difference to how people view it all.

On the form, I think they should also have a section to allow fans to purchase shares at 40p plus an application to join FSS or BfL. In fact an all embracing form which covers all areas of fund raising.

We need every penny for this upcoming season both for new players and to dispense with contracted unwanted players.

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Have you met Falkirk fans? 😂

11 hours ago, Higgenarse said:

I wonder if the boy who always posts on falkirk fans fb page who can't tell the difference between of and off works for our media team

Oh, f*ck of.

I just want youngsters to understand the difference between "have" and "of".

"He should of scored a goal."

Aaaaaaaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Honestly, I once saw a journalist for one of the tabloids use "of" instead of "have". Shocking.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

35 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Puma collar this year?

Are Man City going for the ‘we are going to nick your mobile outside the chippy look’ or Oasis tribute band?

8189ABD4-57C4-4023-9FA8-178D45A8546C.jpeg

That’s class. Two players and the club mascot in an official Man City hoodie. That’s the very definition of “inclusive”.

Me and my mates were talking last night about former Falkirk players who have played in European finals.

David Weir
Tony Parks
John Clark
Chris Waddle
Jackie McNamara
Scott Arfield

Any others?