The Falkirk FC Thread

On 15/05/2022 at 18:34, Shadwell Dog said:

Seems to be taking it all the way with this tribunal mind you. 

The tribunal is more to do with the club's handling of the affair after the initial allegation had been made, he may have a case, I don't know as I'm not involved in the club but I'm sure it'll all come out in the wash.

From my post in the play off thread re his brothers spurious allegation

10 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

I'll make this absolutely clear, there was no racist abuse on Thursday night. I'll not comment on the alleged incident involving Rico earlier in the season as I wasn't there.

Thursday night there were numerous chants of "wife beating b*****d" towards a man who had allegedly assaulted his partner, an allegation which she had backed up until it went to court which is standard in domestic abuse cases. I won't comment on the allegations of drug dealing as he's never supplied me so I have no first hand knowledge.

Had there been any racist abuse which the player was able to hear while on the pitch then it would clearly have been heard by other supporters in the stand or other players on the pitch and contrary to the stereotype of Airdrie fans we aren't actually all Tommy Robinson/Donald Trump loving, Union flag waving neanderthals. Not one other player supported this claim by Quitongo which he would have been better reporting in the immediate aftermath of the match rather than wait until the next one and make the claim on Instagram or whatever social media channel he used. The fact that no other person has heard this abuse leads me to believe that as well as the player having questionable standards of behaviour towards women he's also a lying b*****d. 

Why would he lie? 2 reasons spring to mind, 1. some ill informed means of showing solidarity with his brother and 2. he's an attention seeking p***k.

I do hope that ultimately there can be a line drawn under the alleged incident involving Rico and the handling of the matter by the club as a result of his litigation, one way or another.

However the incident in question doesn't stop me being of the opinion that the Quitongo brothers have acted like exceptional arseholes in recent days. 

You should also tell McGlynn to not bother looking at any of our squad as they're actually not all that good and would be better staying with Airdrie to act as canon fodder to whichever footballing giants you do sign for your march to promotion.

Looking forward to the matches next season already, have a great summer.

3 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

The tribunal is more to do with the club's handling of the affair after the initial allegation had been made, he may have a case, I don't know as I'm not involved in the club but I'm sure it'll all come out in the wash.

From my post in the play off thread re his brothers spurious allegation

You should also tell McGlynn to not bother looking at any of our squad as they're actually not all that good and would be better staying with Airdrie to act as canon fodder to whichever footballing giants you do sign for your march to promotion.

Looking forward to the matches next season already, have a great summer.

Salty tears 👆

7 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

See, that’s what gives me the fear. We have banged on about the absolute failures we have had that tick the boxes of a 30 something on the way down and who will stroll it at L1 level. As I wrote wrt Muirhead, we have had a shedload of those types of players recently, and very few of them outperform a 20 something with a point to prove and a bit ambition coursing through their veins. The likes of Connor Sammon and ATS are perfect examples of this policy going badly wrong.

I would certainly be worried if we start down that same path all over again.

Nobody wants us to start signing a full team of dad's army again but you do need a mixture of experience and youth throughout the team. Benedictus with a younger centre back in beside him would be fine, Mcglynn obviously trusts him. Definitely need to bring in a bit of energy this year as we've been serveley lacking on that front for years, especially in the middle of the park. 

Edited by FFC 1876

22 hours ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

Anyone heard anything about Sibbs being on the move? Heard a ridiculous rumour he wants to come back to us.. Assuming it's complete boll*cks right enough.

If there’s a relegation clause in the PCA he signed last month with someone else, then I dare say he could end up back with you. 

I’m gutted for us that he’s away, but more gutted for him because of the genuinely horrific time he’s had a with injuries/covid. I sincerely hope that he gets fully fit and a decent run/success wherever he goes, because he’s a joy of a footballer who is far to good to just drift away. 

1 minute ago, mozam76 said:

If there’s a relegation clause in the PCA he signed last month with someone else, then I dare say he could end up back with you. 

I’m gutted for us that he’s away, but more gutted for him because of the genuinely horrific time he’s had a with injuries/covid. I sincerely hope that he gets fully fit and a decent run/success wherever he goes, because he’s a joy of a footballer who is far to good to just drift away. 

Who is the PCA with?

14 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I think it’s time for Benedictus to move on if I’m being honest, and I think League 1 is now his level he was pretty poor for us last season. Would I be against him staying as a backup? (No) and Not really bothered if he left either 

Sure Benedictus is or will be our of contract so might have no option but to move on

4 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

We are now in a total signing vacuum. Getting a bit boring. Surely with a leaky board someone knows something

No news is generally good news. As said it’s critical that the players we bring in are a step up from yesteryear’s shite. I’ve no issue if if takes a bit of more time to get over the line.

13 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

We are now in a total signing vacuum. Getting a bit boring. Surely with a leaky board someone knows something

If the board was leaky we'd have known about mcglynn a good while before it happened. 

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

No news is generally good news. As said it’s critical that the players we bring in are a step up from yesteryear’s shite. I’ve no issue if if takes a bit of more time to get over the line.

I would happily accept a team of a similar footballing ability but with a bit of desire, pride and a strong sense of togetherness.

Maybe Brad McKay finding himself another club. That would be good too.

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I would happily accept a team of a similar footballing ability but with a bit of desire, pride and a strong sense of togetherness.

Maybe Brad McKay finding himself another club. That would be good too.

Would be a bloody miracle