The Falkirk FC Thread

39 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Holt contracted till Summer 2023.

You would reasonably expect Holt to be on peanuts but then there was a good chance his dad agreed his deal so he's probably the highest paid player at the club.

11 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Be good to get a piece of decent (excitement may be to much to ask) news on the signing front. However if it’s a case of getting the right players over the line, or some of the signed shite currently with us binned, I’m good with waiting……..

Normally McGlynn likes to get his business done early and get in preseason 2 weeks or so early as well, but he always said when he was with us, he wants the right players in to fit his style of play etc rather than signing a load of players and not be good enough, also he likes to go with small squads as well I don’t know how the injury record is at Falkirk, but over the years has been horrendous and he kept on signing player after player where he basically had too much for the same position type then.. this is how he done with us it might be different for yous 

16 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Normally McGlynn likes to get his business done early and get in preseason 2 weeks or so early as well, but he always said when he was with us, he wants the right players in to fit his style of play etc rather than signing a load of players and not be good enough, also he likes to go with small squads as well I don’t know how the injury record is at Falkirk, but over the years has been horrendous and he kept on signing player after player where he basically had too much for the same position type then.. this is how he done with us it might be different for yous 

And breathe.

11 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Don’t think he could beat our players this season for the same position.
Don’t get me started with “players not good enough “that’s why we’re still down here.

We've had a plague of midgets for the past two seasons, hoping JM will completely change the way the club has recruited, an embarrassing array of utter shite.

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Don’t think he could beat our players this season for the same position.
Don’t get me started with “players not good enough “that’s why we’re still down here.

We've had a plague of midgets for the past two seasons, hoping JM will completely change the way the club has recruited, an embarrassing array of utter shite.

He likes a physical striker, like a Gozie Ugwu, Varian etc but we never really had height in midfield just good ball players for his “silky soccer” and he likes to play wingers on opposite wings to cut inside 

5 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

He likes a physical striker, like a Gozie Ugwu, Varian etc but we never really had height in midfield just good ball players for his “silky soccer” and he likes to play wingers on opposite wings to cut inside 

Connelly hardly kicked a ball for us, signed with RR and hardly missed a game ? Thoughts ?

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Connelly hardly kicked a ball for us, signed with RR and hardly missed a game ? Thoughts ?

He’s was very good for us last season one of our most consistent players, I wasn’t overly keen when he signed because of his injury record at yous, but aye he kept fit and played well, missed 2 games max through injury 

4 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

He’s was very good for us last season one of our most consistent players, I wasn’t overly keen when he signed because of his injury record at yous, but aye he kept fit and played well, missed 2 games max through injury 

Thanks 

7 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It was thistle that dumped him just before we picked him up was it no and now he's going back. Funny old game right enough.

Sure he had a bad injury and lost his place hence why we got him in. If memory is correct, he struggled to get into our starting 11 at first.

Three positions he can fill, so handy player for McCall to have

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Do we really count Holt as a goalie though?

Out of interest, has anyone witnessed Holt being a goalkeeper ?

I've only seen some footage of him in a warm up, where every shot was a goal 😶😶

28 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Any news on RR players coming over the water with JM ?

6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Any news on RR players coming over the water with JM ?

Just Rumours apparently it’s Kyle benedictus but I think he’ll wait until we appoint a new boss and see where that goes, Spencer has been linked with you, but he supposedly has offers from a few Championship sides that’s all I’ve seen really 

I remember Benedictus at Dundee. Absolutely the type of centre back that Lee Miller would eat for a mid morning snack, but I doubt that there will be any Lee Millers in L1 next season.

I would have thought that in RR, he had found his happy place to see out his career.

16 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I remember Benedictus at Dundee. Absolutely the type of centre back that Lee Miller would eat for a mid morning snack, but I doubt that there will be any Lee Millers in L1 next season.

I would have thought that in RR, he had found his happy place to see out his career.

I think it’s time for Benedictus to move on if I’m being honest, and I think League 1 is now his level he was pretty poor for us last season. Would I be against him staying as a backup? (No) and Not really bothered if he left either 

55 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I think it’s time for Benedictus to move on if I’m being honest, and I think League 1 is now his level he was pretty poor for us last season. Would I be against him staying as a backup? (No) and Not really bothered if he left either 

See, that’s what gives me the fear. We have banged on about the absolute failures we have had that tick the boxes of a 30 something on the way down and who will stroll it at L1 level. As I wrote wrt Muirhead, we have had a shedload of those types of players recently, and very few of them outperform a 20 something with a point to prove and a bit ambition coursing through their veins. The likes of Connor Sammon and ATS are perfect examples of this policy going badly wrong.

I would certainly be worried if we start down that same path all over again.