The Falkirk FC Thread

44 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

My abiding memory of him was his abysmal performance in the 4-2 defeat by Stenhousemuir. His lack of positional discipline that day was scarcely believable, and he as much as any the donkeys around him was responsible for an utter shambles of a performance.

Certainly wouldn’t be a great signing in my book. Will be 32 by the time of the new season, and his career is heading one way. Another of the “he will skoosh it in L1” clan……..but he wouldn’t.
For me, the very definition of the type of player that we shouldn’t be signing…..the older guy nearing the end of his career and dropping down a league. We are in the process of getting rid of a squad awash with that type of player.

Yeah. If we're going for an older player I'd much rather it was in the McCracken , Dodds mould . We'll have Watson coming back at some point too and he's no spring chicken. We don't want dad's army at the back.

9 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Absolutely no idea where you got that from. He won his fair share of headers, tackles and kept his distribution from the back simple (I.e fed the ball into midfield for a Taiwo/Vaulks/Kerry or hit the channels effectively). That is literally all you need from your defenders at this level.

My distinct memory of him is that the simple distribution was exactly what he couldn't do time and time again. I used to despair and shout at his inability to complete a 5 yard pass - so he was effectively rubbish at it......in my eyes. 

7 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Muirhead put in what was possibly one of the worst Falkirk cb performances I've ever seen against us, it was Khalis levels of shite. 

Have you not sacked Hughes yet? 

27 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Aero joins Partick

Thanks. Good luck to him, another guy who is playing the league above in a team challenging for promotion to the premiership yet isn't good enough for some of our support for mid league tier 3!

Ian mccall is no mug either, so he sees something in him

1 minute ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Thanks. Good luck to him, another guy who is playing the league above in a team challenging for promotion to the premiership yet isn't good enough for some of our support for mid league tier 3!

Ian mccall is no mug either, so he sees something in him

He was never a talented player but by god we could do with a few players with his dig.