The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

His complete lack of ability perhaps. I’d love someone to point out his strengths and not mention penalties or ‘giving 100%’

he consistently played in a side which lost only 4 games in the whole season in the toughest championship or second tier in scottish football history. I went to nearly every game that season and saw him absolutely burst a gut and compete weekly with brilliant players.

your post(s) is yet another deluded one where our fans haven't accepted where we are and the type of player and mix of player we need to get out of this league.  we've had noone with his heart since the likes of he and sibbald and vaulks left. 

Ok so far we’ve had penalties, ‘bursting a gut’ and baw twanging a ***. Any advances of this guys strengths??

We also need to get away from ‘better than what we currently have’ as a an indication of whether a player is good or not. I’d be confident we could field an 11 from here that would be better than what we currently have, that doesn’t make us good enough.

I see the Ayr fans are devastated at the news…(cue ‘but but but…)

Muirhead was our leader when Hartleys team post January was quite good. He was absolutely fantastic then.

Him and Tommy T exemplified everything we are currently not in those months.

Hes not great, but he is significantly better than what we have.

Also, he dickpunched a ginger ***

Guest Ecosse83
14 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Ok so far we’ve had penalties, ‘bursting a gut’ and baw twanging a ***. Any advances of this guys strengths??

We also need to get away from ‘better than what we currently have’ as a an indication of whether a player is good or not. I’d be confident we could field an 11 from here that would be better than what we currently have, that doesn’t make us good enough.

I see the Ayr fans are devastated at the news…(cue ‘but but but…)

He’s not only better than what we have he would be miles better than what we currently have. 

He was part of a very good defence in a very good side, if your going to argue against that then fair enough it’s your opinion! 

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

What made him awful? I'm curious.

He was by no means a stand out but he was a regular in our best team for a decade. We've had nobody better than him in his position since.

Its not the fact he was awful, it's more the fact he was a stand out in a team that was sh*t, in other words he was about the only competent one there and the only one that seemed to give a sh*te.

1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

His complete lack of ability perhaps. I’d love someone to point out his strengths and not mention penalties or ‘giving 100%’

Absolutely no idea where you got that from. He won his fair share of headers, tackles and kept his distribution from the back simple (I.e fed the ball into midfield for a Taiwo/Vaulks/Kerry or hit the channels effectively). That is literally all you need from your defenders at this level.

Edited by latapythelegend

21 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Its not the fact he was awful, it's more the fact he was a stand out in a team that was sh*t, in other words he was about the only competent one there and the only one that seemed to give a sh*te.

Eh? He was part of one of the strongest and settled defences we've had in the last 15 years!

Not going to lie, I wasn’t an Aero fan. Did ok but was prone to at least one cock up per game & seemed to think he was capable of multiple “World Cup balls” every game, when he wasn’t. Thought his distribution was poor overall. 

That was in the championship though and I am sure would stroll it down here. Wouldn’t be the worst signing and certainly better than what is here (wouldn’t be hard). 

Edited by RC55 FFC

16 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Eh? He was part of one of the strongest and settled defences we've had in the last 15 years!

take a look at the reminder of that season and who we had not to mention the goalkeeper

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/falkirk-fc/kader/verein/1191/saison_id/2018

Just don't wheel out the "legend" word though, he was a player that gave a sh*t which is something we have been lacking for f**k knows how long.

Edited by AL-FFC

44 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Not going to lie, I wasn’t an Aero fan. Did ok but was prone to at least one cock up per game & seemed to think he was capable of multiple “World Cup balls” every game, when he wasn’t. Thought his distribution was poor overall. 

That was in the championship though and I am sure would stroll it down here. Wouldn’t be the worst signing and certainly better than what is here (wouldn’t be hard). 

My abiding memory of him was his abysmal performance in the 4-2 defeat by Stenhousemuir. His lack of positional discipline that day was scarcely believable, and he as much as any the donkeys around him was responsible for an utter shambles of a performance.

Certainly wouldn’t be a great signing in my book. Will be 32 by the time of the new season, and his career is heading one way. Another of the “he will skoosh it in L1” clan……..but he wouldn’t.
For me, the very definition of the type of player that we shouldn’t be signing…..the older guy nearing the end of his career and dropping down a league. We are in the process of getting rid of a squad awash with that type of player.