The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If it has to be a playoff then have it like the English playoffs then. No need to involve a team from the top flight . Have the champ winners promoted and the next 4 play off to replace the second bottom side.  

Hamilton and livi is one thing but Dundee probably spent more cash than Killie they replaced so it's ok for clubs who want to fling money at their sides.

Dundee ? Deserve all the shite on the way down. Shower of liars and how they got away with their actions on the vote last year should have been a criminal offence. 

Just now, Aufc said:

There could be a multitude of reasons for him doing it. Despite what people think, most airdrie fans would be horrified if something had been said and would have been happy to shop the guilty party. Presume he moved to peterhead because they were the only club that wanted him.

As I said, it’s hard not to question the character of them both. Apparently they both punt gear as well alongside their other misdemeanours

Seems to be taking it all the way with this tribunal mind you. 

Just now, Springfield said:

Dundee ? Deserve all the shite on the way down. Shower of liars and how they got away with their actions on the vote last year should have been a criminal offence. 

I was pointing out that last season they had flung money at their side to get up so probably had a bigger budget than Killie. Most seasons though that will be far from the case.

Seems to be taking it all the way with this tribunal mind you. 

Yeah seems so. They don’t really seem like the nicest characters. One of my assumptions would be a monetary thing based on the lack of evidence

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You're asking teams to get better before you give them the cash to be able to do that. It should be a straight two up two down and that should be it. If it has to be playoffs then it should be a similar format to that in England with the two teams who've had awful seasons relegated and the ones that have had successful seasons playing it off to join the champs. 

The English Championship doesn't give teams in mid-table the chance to get promoted. Remove 4th from the discussuon, make it 2nd v 3rd and they replace 11th, for me that's the fairest way if the play offs stay, which I think they should.

Multiple teams in the top flight have had to work up there with worse prize money than Championship sides get now. Hamilton and Livingston have tiny budgets yet both got promoted and spent years in the top flight.

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The English Championship doesn't give teams in mid-table the chance to get promoted. Remove 4th from the discussuon, make it 2nd v 3rd and they replace 11th, for me that's the fairest way if the play offs stay, which I think they should.

Multiple teams in the top flight have had to work up there with worse prize money than Championship sides get now. Hamilton and Livingston have tiny budgets yet both got promoted and spent years in the top flight.

Yes you do get that case that sometimes a second bottom top flight club is that bad they lose out to the championship club.  Basically it should be two down every season. That we agree on. Just depends on how you want to choose the teams below.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Think he's going to Partick

Christ. Not much of an upgrade on McKenna apart from his pens. 

Amazing to think that queen's park have been promoted despite winning less games in the league  than our dross this season. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Just now, latapythelegend said:

Not having that at all. Came to us as a centre back and spend 90% of his time as a solid full back. 

There was nothing solid about him. I don’t care what position he’s meant to play he’s an awful footballer and a pretend hard man. 

8 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

There was nothing solid about him. I don’t care what position he’s meant to play he’s an awful footballer and a pretend hard man. 

What made him awful? I'm curious.

He was by no means a stand out but he was a regular in our best team for a decade. We've had nobody better than him in his position since.

Guest Ecosse83

Muirhead was decent enough for us in a very good side, who wouldn’t want him back considering where we bloody are? 

I don't see him being a right back for us  in this league that's for sure. If we're going to be playing some decent football we'll need a full back that can get forward and cross a ball.  As a centreback it depends who he's alongside.