The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, RRFC_Liam said:

Obviously I don’t watch Falkirk at all but I thought Nesbitt played every week for you guys? 

He started well but unfortunately fell off badly (along with the rest of the team to be fair). He was on the bench for a fair bit under Rennie. 

Guest Ecosse83

Not going to lie I’m actually buzzing for next season, it’s the most optimistic I’ve been in ages. It feelS like the club is heading the right way and with Mcglynn in charge we have someone who knows what they are doing. Looking forward to getting my wee lad more into it now! 

Feet are on the ground though, I’m not expecting miracles! 

With the teams now confirmed, anyone else already looking forward to next season despite what we've just had to endure?

Dundee
Partick Thistle
Inverness
Hamilton
Morton
Raith Rovers
Arbroath
Ayr
Cove
Queens Park

Falkirk
Dunfermline
Queen of the South
Airdrie
Kelty
Edinburgh City
Clyde
Alloa
Montrose
Peterhead

With the depressing one-stand away days of Dumbarton and East Fife gone combined with the 4 new teams coming in to the league our fixture list looks decent this year. Dundee aside, a real whiff of diddy coming from the Championship as well. Incredibly important to get up this season.

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Then why do Championship sides regularly manage to get promoted then?

The Premiership side has won once, with none without needing penalties, in 5 years.

This "closed shop" pish is just continously spouted by fans of failing clubs to make some weird excuse for them failing. Promotion to the top flight is easier than at any point in about 30 years.

That's only because for a good part of that it was one up one down. It's fine if you're a Dundee who can fling money at their side and that balances out the gap but for your bog standard championship side it's still very difficult. It's crazy having a different set up in one playoff from the other 3 anyway.  Premier team should play 4th in the champ and then the winner of 2nd v3rd in the champ.  If they have to be involved at all.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:
I look forward to our free 12 points off you as per usual emoji106.pngemoji106.png

Good shout mate. You should always look to improve each season.

Absolutely, albeit I know you're not really talking from experience since the mid 2010s...

8 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Absolutely, albeit I know you're not really talking from experience since the mid 2010s...

Shocking fanbase 

23 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That's only because for a good part of that it was one up one down. It's fine if you're a Dundee who can fling money at their side and that balances out the gap but for your bog standard championship side it's still very difficult. 

Well get better then? It's hardly unfair that shit teams don't get promoted m8, the last thing anyone wants is some Brechin-esque side finding themselves in the top flight and getting rinsed 10-0, enough clubs get hammered by the Old Firm as it is.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well get better then? It's hardly unfair that shit teams don't get promoted m8, the last thing anyone wants is some Brechin-esque side finding themselves in the top flight and getting rinsed 10-0, enough clubs get hammered by the Old Firm as it is.

You're asking teams to get better before you give them the cash to be able to do that. It should be a straight two up two down and that should be it. If it has to be playoffs then it should be a similar format to that in England with the two teams who've had awful seasons relegated and the ones that have had successful seasons playing it off to join the champs. The standard of the championship club at that point means nothing. The clubs that go up then have the extra cash to use to improve their squads to play in the top flight. It's not what their team is like at the end of that championship campaign that's important it's what it's like at the start of the next premiership campaign surely. If st Johnstone with their budget advantage  can't beat Inverness over two legs with the second leg in Perth then there's something far wrong.

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You're asking teams to get better before you give them the cash to be able to do that. It should be a straight two up two down and that should be it. If it has to be playoffs then it should be a similar format to that in England with the two teams who've had awful seasons relegated and the ones that have had successful seasons playing it off to join the champs. The standard of the championship club at that point means nothing. The clubs that go up then have the extra cash to use to improve their squads to play in the top flight. It's not what their team is like at the end of that championship campaign that's important it's what it's like at the start of the next premiership campaign surely. If st Johnstone with their budget advantage  can't beat Inverness over two legs with the second leg in Perth then there's something far wrong.

Why should it? I’d rather have the playoff system, keeps the league interesting for almost every team. Aye, it’s maybe a bit weighted to the prem team, but all playoff systems have a tinge of “unfairness”. As random guy says, it’s not like the prem team have an automatic win. From memory Hamilton, Dundee and Livingston have been worthy winners from the champ. Just cos we bottled our final v killie doesn’t mean other teams have to. 

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Sounds fair they should also look at increasing the size of the leagues and the teams in each league to let more new clubs chance. About time the format was given a freshen up.

I see it looks like Airdrie have been up to their usual behaviour. More racial and sectarian abuse being claimed by jai quitongo . 

I addressed this in the play off thread.

Rico quitongo said he was racially abused. He refused to play whilst this was looked at. There was no evidence found and everyone in the supposed area said nothing was said. He then continued to refuse to play and eventually left. His brother also chimed in despite no evidence.

His brother then subsequently said that he suffered racial and sectarian abuse on Thursday. Nothing was mentioned at the time and, again, no evidence found. He only mentioned after todays game. It is hard not to question the character of someone where there is factual evidence of him hitting his wife and also throwing homophobic abuse about.

I know there is a section of airdrie fans that can be idiots. Almost all football teams have them. However, in this instance, it seems it is fashionable to jump on a bandwagon and crucify airdrie fans despite there no evidence to suggest it has happened.

10 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Why should it? I’d rather have the playoff system, keeps the league interesting for almost every team. Aye, it’s maybe a bit weighted to the prem team, but all playoff systems have a tinge of “unfairness”. As random guy says, it’s not like the prem team have an automatic win. From memory Hamilton, Dundee and Livingston have been worthy winners from the champ. Just cos we bottled our final v killie doesn’t mean other teams have to. 

If it has to be a playoff then have it like the English playoffs then. No need to involve a team from the top flight . Have the champ winners promoted and the next 4 play off to replace the second bottom side.  

Hamilton and livi is one thing but Dundee probably spent more cash than Killie they replaced so it's ok for clubs who want to fling money at their sides.

8 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I addressed this in the play off thread.

Rico quitongo said he was racially abused. He refused to play whilst this was looked at. There was no evidence found and everyone in the supposed area said nothing was said. He then continued to refuse to play and eventually left. His brother also chimed in despite no evidence.

His brother then subsequently said that he suffered racial and sectarian abuse on Thursday. Nothing was mentioned at the time and, again, no evidence found. He only mentioned after todays game. It is hard not to question the character of someone where there is factual evidence of him hitting his wife and also throwing homophobic abuse about.

I know there is a section of airdrie fans that can be idiots. Almost all football teams have them. However, in this instance, it seems it is fashionable to jump on a bandwagon and crucify airdrie fans despite there no evidence to suggest it has happened.

Why would you refuse to play over something that hadn't happened though?  It's a bit much having  to move  a shite side like Peterhead from a decent side like Airdrie because you make up claims of racial abuse. Doesn't make sense. I guess the employment tribunal will uncover the reasons whenever it takes place.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Why would you refuse to play over something that hadn't happened though?  It's a bit much having  to move  a shite side like Peterhead from a decent side like Airdrie because you make up claims of racial abuse. Doesn't make sense.

There could be a multitude of reasons for him doing it. Despite what people think, most airdrie fans would be horrified if something had been said and would have been happy to shop the guilty party. Presume he moved to peterhead because they were the only club that wanted him.

As I said, it’s hard not to question the character of them both. Apparently they both punt gear as well alongside their other misdemeanours