The Falkirk FC Thread

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How?

We play the same amount of games this month before the Final as ICT and they get 2 days extra rest.

Where's the massive advantage we're getting over them?

I'm fairly sure the Championship sides have almost won 50% of the play offs so far aswell.

You can stick out your kids team today though as the game is utterly meaningless.  ICT couldn't exactly do that.

Plus why is the playoff second game always at the top flight ground? Very unfair that they get 120 mins plus penalties to win at their home ground every year. Should be a straight draw to see who plays at home.  We constantly want to reward failure in Scottish football.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You can stick out your kids team today though as the game is utterly meaningless.  ICT couldn't exactly do that.

Plus why is the playoff second game always at the top flight ground? Very unfair that they get 120 mins plus penalties to win at their home ground every year. Should be a straight draw to see who plays at home.  We constantly want to reward failure in Scottish football.

When do we get our trophy?

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Did they know that when they arranged the fixtures? We were only confirmed in 11th a couple of days ago, so there's every chance we'd be heading into a game against Hibernian needing to win. Would that have been an advantage over ICT

ICT are punished more because the decision to force a mid table side into the play offs than anything else. Even 2nd v 3rd then v 11th would work in favour of the lower league side.

Edited by RandomGuy.

24 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I've never at any point said I had friends on the bod and if I did I'm not going to chat about the origins of that anyway. Can we no just talk about football on here?

No, you haven't said that you have friends on the board but your posts have gone from ultra negative under the old board to uber positive under the new regime, haven't they?

27 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

No, you haven't said that you have friends on the board but your posts have gone from ultra negative under the old board to uber positive under the new regime, haven't they?

Yes funnily enough that's because the old board managed to get us in a right feckin mess. League one football having spent all our money. Now did I slag them off when they first came in ? No I gave them a chance to show what they can do.  They failed and I criticised them for that.  I'm going to give the new board the same chance funnily enough.  If we're just as bad come next season I'll then criticise them. It's no difficult to get your head round it really.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I've never at any point said I had friends on the bod and if I did I'm not going to chat about the origins of that anyway. Can we no just talk about football on here?

But you haven't answered the question, do you have friends on the new board?

Jeremy Paxman presents final Newsnight after 25 years · TheJournal.ie

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did they know that when they arranged the fixtures? We were only confirmed in 11th a couple of days ago, so there's every chance we'd be heading into a game against Hibernian needing to win. Would that have been an advantage over ICT

ICT are punished more because the decision to force a mid table side into the play offs than anything else. Even 2nd v 3rd then v 11th would work in favour of the lower league side.

Not often the playoff spot  from the top flight happens on the very last game. In fact when we played Killie they were guaranteed  the playoff spot with about 2 games to go and could put their feet up for a couple of weeks whilst we ran ourselves into the ground against Hibs .

None of these are the main advantage for top flight clubs anyway. The fact they start the season with a  more than a million quids worth of budget from prize money than the team they are playing against. That is never going to produce a level playing field.

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

But you haven't answered the question, do you have friends on the new board?

Jeremy Paxman presents final Newsnight after 25 years · TheJournal.ie

Who my friends are is my business and my business alone. It doesn't effect in any way whether I will slag off a bod who make an arse of my football club. 

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Who my friends are is my business and my business alone. It doesn't effect in any way whether I will slag off a bod who make an arse of my football club. 

I'll take that as a yes then.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Threads taking take a right turn for the worse here, which is quite something when you think about it.

Badgering folk about who their pals are ffs. Get a grip.

Exactly mate. It's just a football forum.  No need for anyone to get personal  but some folk would rather talk about anything but football it would seem.🤷

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What is your relationship with the new board ? Are they friends from your childhood or did you befriend them when they became board members ?

@Shadwell Dogapologies for this post. It was half done in jest and I absolutely didn’t mean this as an insult or to intrude into your private matters.

Also apologies to the other people that were pissed off by this post. It would never be my intention to upset fellow Bairns.