The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

It’s a disgrace and the powers that be have made it that the lowly Championship clubs are jumping though hoops to gain promotion. It’s all part of looking after No 1’s.

Poor ICT looked totally fucked whereas St J can rest all their players from nothingness fixtures.

It’s about time we got the 4 playoff teams and had a straight Semi Final/Final and stop this ridiculous charade.

Na. The clubs at our level only have themselves to blame. They had the SPL where they wanted them when Sevco went bust but shat it, accepted this and accepted the awful financial package too. 

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

Extremely difficult to beat whoever is from the SPL in the playoffs. Spot on with the ICT, they looked absolutely fc…d, apart from the general shite standard of play. Expect SJ to breeze it. Appalling set up to protect the clubs in the SPL.

How?

We play the same amount of games this month before the Final as ICT and they get 2 days extra rest.

Where's the massive advantage we're getting over them?

I'm fairly sure the Championship sides have almost won 50% of the play offs so far aswell.

Edited by RandomGuy.

11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Or go back to 2 up 2 down - for me that’s the fairest way to do it. No 2nd bites at the cherry to reward St Johnstone who’ve been crap all season.

The "fairest" way would be for 11th/12th to go straight down. 1st goes up, then 2nd/3rd play off, IMO.

The most unfair set up is at the bottom of League Two, yet nobody ever moans about those sides voting to prevent progression from below. Very odd.

Edited by RandomGuy.

24 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

It’s a disgrace and the powers that be have made it that the lowly Championship clubs are jumping though hoops to gain promotion. It’s all part of looking after No 1’s.

It's a cartel and we all know that.  If it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck then it's a duck ... etc etc.

It was designed by the bigger diddy teams to maximise their access to the tainted OF pound (2 home games per season), and to minimise their risk of falling through the trapdoor to uber-diddy land.  There wasn't the slightest hint of altruism for the diddy clubs, the cartel was designed to keep the minnows in their place.  The only way to change things is for the members of the cartel to vote for change and of course turkeys don't vote for Xmas do they?  Such a parcel of rogues in a nation and all that.

54 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What is your relationship with the new board ? Are they friends from your childhood or did you befriend them when they became board members ?

I've never at any point said I had friends on the bod and if I did I'm not going to chat about the origins of that anyway. Can we no just talk about football on here?

32 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Na. The clubs at our level only have themselves to blame. They had the SPL where they wanted them when Sevco went bust but shat it, accepted this and accepted the awful financial package too. 

Exactly. The teams at the top flash a few quid to league one and two teams many of whom think it will never effect them anyway and the teams in the championship get shafted at every turn. Bet Arbroath probably dropped their drawers quick enough when the cash was mentioned but they might be in the top flight now if they hadn't.

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How?

We play the same amount of games this month before the Final as ICT and they get 2 days extra rest.

Where's the massive advantage we're getting over them?

I'm fairly sure the Championship sides have almost won 50% of the play offs so far aswell.

You can stick out your kids team today though as the game is utterly meaningless.  ICT couldn't exactly do that.

Plus why is the playoff second game always at the top flight ground? Very unfair that they get 120 mins plus penalties to win at their home ground every year. Should be a straight draw to see who plays at home.  We constantly want to reward failure in Scottish football.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You can stick out your kids team today though as the game is utterly meaningless.  ICT couldn't exactly do that.

Plus why is the playoff second game always at the top flight ground? Very unfair that they get 120 mins plus penalties to win at their home ground every year. Should be a straight draw to see who plays at home.  We constantly want to reward failure in Scottish football.

When do we get our trophy?

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Did they know that when they arranged the fixtures? We were only confirmed in 11th a couple of days ago, so there's every chance we'd be heading into a game against Hibernian needing to win. Would that have been an advantage over ICT

ICT are punished more because the decision to force a mid table side into the play offs than anything else. Even 2nd v 3rd then v 11th would work in favour of the lower league side.

Edited by RandomGuy.

24 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I've never at any point said I had friends on the bod and if I did I'm not going to chat about the origins of that anyway. Can we no just talk about football on here?

No, you haven't said that you have friends on the board but your posts have gone from ultra negative under the old board to uber positive under the new regime, haven't they?

27 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

No, you haven't said that you have friends on the board but your posts have gone from ultra negative under the old board to uber positive under the new regime, haven't they?

Yes funnily enough that's because the old board managed to get us in a right feckin mess. League one football having spent all our money. Now did I slag them off when they first came in ? No I gave them a chance to show what they can do.  They failed and I criticised them for that.  I'm going to give the new board the same chance funnily enough.  If we're just as bad come next season I'll then criticise them. It's no difficult to get your head round it really.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

But you haven't answered the question, do you have friends on the new board?

Jeremy Paxman presents final Newsnight after 25 years · TheJournal.ie

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did they know that when they arranged the fixtures? We were only confirmed in 11th a couple of days ago, so there's every chance we'd be heading into a game against Hibernian needing to win. Would that have been an advantage over ICT

ICT are punished more because the decision to force a mid table side into the play offs than anything else. Even 2nd v 3rd then v 11th would work in favour of the lower league side.

Not often the playoff spot  from the top flight happens on the very last game. In fact when we played Killie they were guaranteed  the playoff spot with about 2 games to go and could put their feet up for a couple of weeks whilst we ran ourselves into the ground against Hibs .

None of these are the main advantage for top flight clubs anyway. The fact they start the season with a  more than a million quids worth of budget from prize money than the team they are playing against. That is never going to produce a level playing field.

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

But you haven't answered the question, do you have friends on the new board?

Jeremy Paxman presents final Newsnight after 25 years · TheJournal.ie

Who my friends are is my business and my business alone. It doesn't effect in any way whether I will slag off a bod who make an arse of my football club. 

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Who my friends are is my business and my business alone. It doesn't effect in any way whether I will slag off a bod who make an arse of my football club. 

I'll take that as a yes then.