The Falkirk FC Thread

7 hours ago, MrDust said:

Likewise St Johnstone will too with blindfolds.

Two absolute howling games that I nodded off watching between a team that's burnt out/lost their strike force and Inverness

The standard of Scottish as a whole is woeful. Inverness going 11 games without a win and being successful, Queens Park winning less games than a truly woeful Falkirk team and being successful, Motherwell similar in the top league in a winless run and being successful. The best thing about the top league was who could be less shite in a pack of 7 clubs.

Roll on next season

Genuine truth tho. Absolutely horrendous standard right now.

Just thinking that it must be hellish being a middle of the road pro footballer. Every summer you are bartered for like someone who is being part of a human trafficking gang. Glad I was crap at playing and went into a job with a secure future

2 hours ago, foreverarover said:
On 13/05/2022 at 13:02, bairn88 said:
Saw this on twitter - could apply to us next season if it’s an SPFL / SFA rule? 
BE63CBAC-2FA1-4921-8836-5CD307F33558.thumb.jpeg.138ebfbd5542055524ba6808d1a715d8.jpeg

Covid is gone so its back to how it used to be. I wouldn't have expected it any other way.

And rightly so.  Get fans back to games. Watching on TV is very old firmish.

I've enjoyed, well as much as you can watching us the away streams. I'll only be at a few away games next season so teams will be losing out on cash there and I don't think I'm the only one especially at further away grounds like Peterhead etc. If they do stop livestreaming I'll probably go see the shire at the stadium when we're away.  

14 hours ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

The interview was good and informative.  What we've had for several years now is just words, words and more words from directors, chairman,  managers players etc etc. Aye , just more words from McGlynn, but the marked difference us that he's been there, done it , knows the league and the players and what is required,  so in that respect gives us some cause for optimism. The bod statement of everyone needing to pull together and do their bit is spot on. Difficult for some folk though as they seem hell bent on criticising at every turn instead of trying to help us out of this mess.

Syd Puddefoot, an honest question:

Do you have friends on the board?

@Back Post Misses has been a propagandist for the new board ever since their inception and @Shadwell Dog has done a volte-face and has been posting recently in favour of the new board, apparently due to him having a friend there (happy to be corrected if I am wrong Shadwell and I will gladly apologise if that isn't the case).

Are you another with friends in high places?

I have no dog in this fight, I never knew anybody on the old board (I had an exchange of emails with Colin McFarlane due to my criticism of the old board but I didn't know him) and I know no one on the new board. But, just as I was critical of the old board, I reserve the right to be critical of the new board, if that criticism is deserved. I think that appointing McGlynn as manager is deserving of criticism.

If they do good things, I will give praise where it is due.

Nobody gets my unwavering, undying loyalty.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

@Back Post Misses has been a propagandist for the new board ever since their inception and @Shadwell Dog has done a volte-face and has been posting recently in favour of the new board, apparently due to him having a friend there (happy to be corrected if I am wrong Shadwell and I will gladly apologise if that isn't the case).

I have no dog in this fight, I never knew anybody on the old board (I had an exchange of emails with Colin McFarlane due to my criticism of the old board but I didn't know him) and I know no one on the new board. But, just as I was critical of the old board, I reserve the right to be critical of the new board, if that criticism is deserved. I think that appointing McGlynn as manager is deserving of criticism.

So what if people are backing the club now? So what if people are friendly with people on the Board? We have had years of decline which ultimately was one regime as they were MSG backed. Different faces in the Boardroom but backed by that group. It is not going to take 5 minutes to turn things around, so they deserve time. 
We now have a new regime with Patrons and FSS now being the largest shareholder block (MSG is disbanded). Therefore it is in those terms the supporters club now and if you want shot of a board we will have the democratic right to do so. 
Of course you have every right to be critical. You do seem however one of very few who is critical of the McGlynn appointment. Not doubt if it goes wrong you will be on “I told you so”. 
You of course have a choice - don’t pay to watch the club either online or in the flesh and let the rest of us get on with rebuilding this club we all love up again. 

11 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

ICT were rank rotten. Doubt they’ll get passed St Johnstone.

Anyway, couldn’t give a monkeys as it’s all about FFC. Optimistic for the next few weeks and the ST cash is burning a hole in my pocket.

COYB etc etc etc. 

Extremely difficult to beat whoever is from the SPL in the playoffs. Spot on with the ICT, they looked absolutely fc…d, apart from the general shite standard of play. Expect SJ to breeze it. Appalling set up to protect the clubs in the SPL.

7 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

The board will deserve criticism if they like any other board don't produce the goods it's as simple as that. I'm 100 percent confident though that they will never stoop to the goings on that the previous bod have off the park even if the on the park decisions don't work out.  I didn't criticise the old bod either when they walked in the door. I gave them a chance to produce the goods which they failed miserably to do taking the club backwards at an incredible rate.  I would criticise any board that carries on like they have whether I know anyone on the bod or not. If you don't agree with decisions it's in your right to complain, protest not go. 

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The board will deserve criticism if they like any other board don't produce the goods it's as simple as that. I'm 100 percent confident though that they will never stoop to the goings on that the previous bod have off the park even if the on the park decisions don't work out.  I didn't criticise the old bod either when they walked in the door. I gave them a chance to produce the goods which they failed miserably to do taking the club backwards at an incredible rate.  I would criticise any board that carries on like they have whether I know anyone on the bod or not. If you don't agree with decisions it's in your right to complain, protest not go. 

What is your relationship with the new board ? Are they friends from your childhood or did you befriend them when they became board members ?

Come on now, this is neither the Spanish Inquisition nor an episode of Miss Marple. Asking for a timeline on a friendship so as to determine x, y, or z really isn’t on.

Extremely difficult to beat whoever is from the SPL in the playoffs. Spot on with the ICT, they looked absolutely fc…d, apart from the general shite standard of play. Expect SJ to breeze it. Appalling set up to protect the clubs in the SPL.

It’s a disgrace and the powers that be have made it that the lowly Championship clubs are jumping though hoops to gain promotion. It’s all part of looking after No 1’s.

Poor ICT looked totally fucked whereas St J can rest all their players from nothingness fixtures.

It’s about time we got the 4 playoff teams and had a straight Semi Final/Final and stop this ridiculous charade.

2 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

It’s a disgrace and the powers that be have made it that the lowly Championship clubs are jumping though hoops to gain promotion. It’s all part of looking after No 1’s.

Poor ICT looked totally fucked whereas St J can rest all their players from nothingness fixtures.

It’s about time we got the 4 playoff teams and had a straight Semi Final/Final and stop this ridiculous charade.

Or go back to 2 up 2 down - for me that’s the fairest way to do it. No 2nd bites at the cherry to reward St Johnstone who’ve been crap all season.

7 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Na. The clubs at our level only have themselves to blame. They had the SPL where they wanted them when Sevco went bust but shat it, accepted this and accepted the awful financial package too. 

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

How?

We play the same amount of games this month before the Final as ICT and they get 2 days extra rest.

Where's the massive advantage we're getting over them?

I'm fairly sure the Championship sides have almost won 50% of the play offs so far aswell.

Edited by RandomGuy.

11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Or go back to 2 up 2 down - for me that’s the fairest way to do it. No 2nd bites at the cherry to reward St Johnstone who’ve been crap all season.

The "fairest" way would be for 11th/12th to go straight down. 1st goes up, then 2nd/3rd play off, IMO.

The most unfair set up is at the bottom of League Two, yet nobody ever moans about those sides voting to prevent progression from below. Very odd.

Edited by RandomGuy.

24 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

It's a cartel and we all know that.  If it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck then it's a duck ... etc etc.

It was designed by the bigger diddy teams to maximise their access to the tainted OF pound (2 home games per season), and to minimise their risk of falling through the trapdoor to uber-diddy land.  There wasn't the slightest hint of altruism for the diddy clubs, the cartel was designed to keep the minnows in their place.  The only way to change things is for the members of the cartel to vote for change and of course turkeys don't vote for Xmas do they?  Such a parcel of rogues in a nation and all that.

54 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What is your relationship with the new board ? Are they friends from your childhood or did you befriend them when they became board members ?

I've never at any point said I had friends on the bod and if I did I'm not going to chat about the origins of that anyway. Can we no just talk about football on here?

32 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Na. The clubs at our level only have themselves to blame. They had the SPL where they wanted them when Sevco went bust but shat it, accepted this and accepted the awful financial package too. 

Exactly. The teams at the top flash a few quid to league one and two teams many of whom think it will never effect them anyway and the teams in the championship get shafted at every turn. Bet Arbroath probably dropped their drawers quick enough when the cash was mentioned but they might be in the top flight now if they hadn't.