The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
Cant they just lift it and give it a good shake, like you would with a rug? I'd take a corner.

Would shake n vac not bring the freshness back?

That’s minds me of the advert, “it’s all you have to do”, my Maw used to spread it all over the carpet before getting the hoover on it and we would all spend the rest of the day sneezing like f**k 🤣

15 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

Given we’ve got a £300k hole to fill in this years budget where are we going to find the additional funds for a training ground and loss of income from pitch rental if we go back to grass.

Personally I’d stay with Astro. There’s only really been complaints about the pitch the last couple of years, prior to that it was perfect.

Where have you seen this years budget? 

16 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

Given we’ve got a £300k hole to fill in this years budget where are we going to find the additional funds for a training ground and loss of income from pitch rental if we go back to grass.

Personally I’d stay with Astro. There’s only really been complaints about the pitch the last couple of years, prior to that it was perfect.

What do we make on pitch rental? 

Where have you seen this years budget? 

Straight from the Board statement:

“To deliver this, and guarantee a good playing budget next season, we need income to grow by around £300,000 while also controlling non-football costs.”

16 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

Straight from the Board statement:

“To deliver this, and guarantee a good playing budget next season, we need income to grow by around £300,000 while also controlling non-football costs.”

That mean there is a hole? 

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Not really. It was a dig at the quality which from a Falkirk fan is highly ironic. 

Why? Can the reference on the quality on show in a particular game have a ceiling that says a Falkirk fan cannot make a reasoned judgement on it because his own team is crap? That is of course nonsense. Nor for that matter, is it ironic in any way shape or form.

Don't know if this is the right forum to intercede.Two players will take their final bow tomorrow before leaving Livingston. Craig Sibbald and Jack Mcmillen.Obviously Sibbs is well known to you guys and Jack Mcmillen has been superb for us.End of their respective contracts sees them moving on.Baffled as both have been brilliant for us.I know Jaze and Keoghan didn't work out but these two would be shrewd acquisitions for Falkirk. Not patronising but these two would be great signings for yous.Theyd be standouts in your league, I wish them well.Thoughts Bairns.

4 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Looking forward to the open meeting in June as I understand all questions will be answered honestly.

Not a good look for a new BOD to be slagging off the old one but if the right questions are asked it might be very illuminating.

They've done extremely well not to go down that route however tempting and being provoked, they've just got on with clearing up the mess. It would, imo help some folk to understand exactly what they've had to deal with if it comes to light.

8 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Don't know if this is the right forum to intercede.Two players will take their final bow tomorrow before leaving Livingston. Craig Sibbald and Jack Mcmillen.Obviously Sibbs is well known to you guys and Jack Mcmillen has been superb for us.End of their respective contracts sees them moving on.Baffled as both have been brilliant for us.I know Jaze and Keoghan didn't work out but these two would be shrewd acquisitions for Falkirk. Not patronising but these two would be great signings for yous.Theyd be standouts in your league, I wish them well.Thoughts Bairns.

There's definitely a player in Kabia. Just fell down a lot and was unlucky with injuries. Jacobs on the other hand was absolutely rank rotten.  I would take Sibbald back in a heartbeat, dont know much about McMillan though 

15 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

I wouldn’t say Kabia didn’t work out. He did pretty well before his injury.

I’d happily have him back best season.

41 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I wouldn’t say Kabia didn’t work out. He did pretty well before his injury.

I’d happily have him back best season.

Wee had big hopes for Jaze.Your fans are right,there is a player in there.Just not ready for the rigours of the SPL yet.But he's young and the potential is definitely there.As for Keoghan.His playing career is coming to an end at this level imo.What a CV he's got.Legend at Livi.But weve got to move on.

1 hour ago, Troy.1995 said:

Wee had big hopes for Jaze.Your fans are right,there is a player in there.Just not ready for the rigours of the SPL yet.But he's young and the potential is definitely there.As for Keoghan.His playing career is coming to an end at this level imo.What a CV he's got.Legend at Livi.But weve got to move on.

Loved watching Jaze play when he was on it, which is a more glowing statement than I’ve given to pretty much any falkirk player in the last 3 years. To me he has all the attributes to be a really successful striker not only here but down south. 

Jacobs is finished 

ICT were rank rotten. Doubt they’ll get passed St Johnstone.

Anyway, couldn’t give a monkeys as it’s all about FFC. Optimistic for the next few weeks and the ST cash is burning a hole in my pocket.

COYB etc etc etc.