The Falkirk FC Thread

20 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Game was awful, quality was awful, first leg in front of that crowd was a bit of a joke. When you see the Scottish footy twitter lads say English football is overhyped, watch any of their playoffs (from the top 5 tiers) and they’re much better than that.  

At the same time, both teams would’ve absolutely shagged us rotten with this season’s team. Bit like Raith did with 10 men. 

Tbf, I don’t think the lack of quality is just in the Championship and League One. Watched the first half of Champions Celtic vs 5th placed Motherwell and it was embarrassing- Motherwell are absolutely rotten. A terrible spectacle to watch.

32 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

100% it should be up there IMO. I want it ripped up and grass reinstated personally

There is the hybrid artificial / natural grass surface that would be worth a look at when our pitch is due for resurfacing. Was in a greenkeepers magazine 50% mix and the make up of the weave gave durability of about 1000 hours of playing per year. Read about it a few years ago and is FIFA , EUFA approved was Hatco or Harko or similar name would suspect the club will look at it as an option.

Could give the best of both worlds

8 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

There is the hybrid artificial / natural grass surface that would be worth a look at when our pitch is due for resurfacing. Was in a greenkeepers magazine 50% mix and the make up of the weave gave durability of about 1000 hours of playing per year. Read about it a few years ago and is FIFA , EUFA approved was Hatco or Harko or similar name would suspect the club will look at it as an option.

Could give the best of both worlds

Is this not the same hybrid pitch Hearts recently installed at the cost of 1 million ?!

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Not really. It was a dig at the quality which from a Falkirk fan is highly ironic. 

Game was absolutely rotten. Neither team are anything special. Falkirk put Arbroath to bed last season and I’m fairly sure with any sort of decent recruitment this season coming, we won’t be far behind you soon enough. 

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Both teams would f**k Falkirk so hard the club wouldn’t be walking right for about 2 years.

Likewise St Johnstone will too with blindfolds.

Two absolute howling games that I nodded off watching between a team that's burnt out/lost their strike force and Inverness

The standard of Scottish as a whole is woeful. Inverness going 11 games without a win and being successful, Queens Park winning less games than a truly woeful Falkirk team and being successful, Motherwell similar in the top league in a winless run and being successful. The best thing about the top league was who could be less shite in a pack of 7 clubs.

Roll on next season

My understanding unless it is maintained properly (not saying ours wasn’t) it flattens and compacts. Also believe that under the carpet it compacts and you get parts of the surface harder that other bits so bounce becomes variable. Add to the fact it is played on a Good few hours everyday it does wear out. 
Cant they just lift it and give it a good shake, like you would with a rug? I'd take a corner.

Given we’ve got a £300k hole to fill in this years budget where are we going to find the additional funds for a training ground and loss of income from pitch rental if we go back to grass.

Personally I’d stay with Astro. There’s only really been complaints about the pitch the last couple of years, prior to that it was perfect.

Cant they just lift it and give it a good shake, like you would with a rug? I'd take a corner.

Used to be the case that it needed to be brushed every day to stop the pellets compacting. The issue on the poorer surfaces (eg Stenhousemuir) is generally that they are not brushed.