The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Both teams looked distinctly average compared to teams in play offs in prior seasons.
Next seasons clear relegation favourites if they do get past St Johnstone……

Aye but if we go up we will be able to sign better players.  We won’t do a Dundee and keep our Championship quality squad.

My understanding unless it is maintained properly (not saying ours wasn’t) it flattens and compacts. Also believe that under the carpet it compacts and you get parts of the surface harder that other bits so bounce becomes variable. Add to the fact it is played on a Good few hours everyday it does wear out. 

Thanks for clarifying.
I’d still question whether we are at a stage where this needs to be up amongst our highest priorities for now…..

Both teams would fuck Falkirk so hard the club wouldn’t be walking right for about 2 years.
This logic would prohibit all of us pointing and laughing when the ugly sisters humiliate themselves.

So with that, I'm afraid your contribution there has to be dismissed as nonsense.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This logic would prohibit all of us pointing and laughing when the ugly sisters humiliate themselves.

So with that, I'm afraid your contribution there has to be dismissed as nonsense.

No it wouldn’t, brother. 

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

With Brad Mckay at the heart of the defence I don't consider that a decent brag.

Excellent shout.

43 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Both teams would f**k Falkirk so hard the club wouldn’t be walking right for about 2 years.

Are Arbroath without nouble much better than they've been the last two seasons? Is it not just the same players in the majority?

The interview was good and informative.  What we've had for several years now is just words, words and more words from directors, chairman,  managers players etc etc. Aye , just more words from McGlynn, but the marked difference us that he's been there, done it , knows the league and the players and what is required,  so in that respect gives us some cause for optimism. The bod statement of everyone needing to pull together and do their bit is spot on. Difficult for some folk though as they seem hell bent on criticising at every turn instead of trying to help us out of this mess.

1 minute ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

The interview was good and informative.  What we've had for several years now is just words, words and more words from directors, chairman,  managers players etc etc. Aye , just more words from McGlynn, but the marked difference us that he's been there, done it , knows the league and the players and what is required,  so in that respect gives us some cause for optimism. The bod statement of everyone needing to pull together and do their bit is spot on. Difficult for some folk though as they seem hell bent on criticising at every turn instead of trying to help us out of this mess.

Looking forward to the open meeting in June as I understand all questions will be answered honestly.

Not a good look for a new BOD to be slagging off the old one but if the right questions are asked it might be very illuminating.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Are Arbroath without nouble much better than they've been the last two seasons? Is it not just the same players in the majority?

Still a fair few of their players that would walk into our team, again though that's not much of a brag.

Wighton, Hamilton x2, O'Brien, Low, Henderson, Mckenna.

watched the interview and wasn't as blown away as some others with it, however I think his experience and liklihood of not accepting less than 100% also puts me in the "guarded optimist" group.

I tell you what though I would love to have been a fly on the wall when mcglynn and Watson had that conversation in the stadium this week. guarantee he'll have set exactly how poor the remainder of the majority of the long term contractors have been....

7 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
1 hour ago, TheScarf said:
Both teams would f**k Falkirk so hard the club wouldn’t be walking right for about 2 years.

Granted but still a poor spectacle

Yip, the lads argument that because Falkirk are pish then last nights match was a great spectacle is somewhat tainted.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yip, the lads argument that because Falkirk are pish then last nights match was a great spectacle is somewhat tainted.

Not really. It was a dig at the quality which from a Falkirk fan is highly ironic. 

19 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Not really. It was a dig at the quality which from a Falkirk fan is highly ironic. 

No it was simply an honest observation.

The game was awful, you don’t have to be a season ticket holder at Real Madrid to recognise that.

Game was awful, quality was awful, first leg in front of that crowd was a bit of a joke. When you see the Scottish footy twitter lads say English football is overhyped, watch any of their playoffs (from the top 5 tiers) and they’re much better than that.  

At the same time, both teams would’ve absolutely shagged us rotten with this season’s team. Bit like Raith did with 10 men. 

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Thanks for clarifying.
I’d still question whether we are at a stage where this needs to be up amongst our highest priorities for now…..

100% it should be up there IMO. I want it ripped up and grass reinstated personally