The Falkirk FC Thread

25 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Its in McGynn's interests to give the contracted players to prove themselves and be seen to be giving them a chance at redemption and so should the fans. It cant have been easy for any player to give their best last season.

He spoke well and deserves out patience and goodwill. If ever we needed to have a flying start to a season its this one.

The current squad drops IMO into three sections:

1. Not good enough

2. Want out

3. Maybe good enough.

The last one is by far the smallest group. McGlynn I am sure will know that 

40 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Its in McGynn's interests to give the contracted players to prove themselves and be seen to be giving them a chance at redemption and so should the fans. It cant have been easy for any player to give their best last season.

He spoke well and deserves out patience and goodwill. If ever we needed to have a flying start to a season its this one.

Erm, no. It's in McGlynn's interests to assemble a squad of players that he is comfortable working with and who he believes can contribute something next season. If that results in the vast majority of these players being told that they are not part of his plans going forward and advised to spend the summer seeking an alternative employer, so be it. He's paid to make such decisions.

Your "give their best" line is beyond laughable. Did you watch any games at all last season? You're talking about a squad who, by and large, did not give a single toss, who displayed zero professional pride, integrity, fight, spirit, who were already beaten before they even took to the pitch against such illustrious names as Airdrieonians, Cover Rangers, Montrose. You go back a lot further than me it seems, can you come up with a squad who put in less effort than last seasons mob?

McGlynn owes these players the square root of f**k all.

52 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

You’re just not paying attention. It’s McGlynn!

I don't suppose there's any way we can replace the pitch this summer? I know moving to a hybrid surface is favoured, but I'm sure when we put down the current pitch we were told replacing it with a new plastic one would be an easy process due to the various substrate layers already being in place.

If that could be carried out this summer I would do it. Our injury record over the last 18 months has been shocking. 

Especially important when some of the better players we may be able to attract is exactly because they are already 'injury prone'. It's going to be a much tougher league this season so we should be trying to give ourselves every advantage we can

54 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Even McGlynn knows the pitch is done.

I think the club may have just briefed him about that. No? 

I don't suppose there's any way we can replace the pitch this summer? I know moving to a hybrid surface is favoured, but I'm sure when we put down the current pitch we were told replacing it with a new plastic one would be an easy process due to the various substrate layers already being in place.
If that could be carried out this summer I would do it. Our injury record over the last 18 months has been shocking. 
Especially important when some of the better players we may be able to attract is exactly because they are already 'injury prone'. It's going to be a much tougher league this season so we should be trying to give ourselves every advantage we can

Can ANYONE actually explain what the problem is with an artificial surface that’s been used for a few years?
I watched Arbroath v ICT last night and a player ballooned the ball over the bar due to a bobble on the grass surface. Yet no-one complains that it’s desperately time to replace the grass surface (even though it is).
I can’t remember watching a game at TFS and thinking if we had a better surface we might have scored there or that a player wouldn’t have tripped and got injured due to the pitch specifically. I can on grass surfaces though.
Given our alleged financial predicament, I can think of better uses for cash whilst in the third tier playing teams with tinpot surfaces….

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Can ANYONE actually explain what the problem is with an artificial surface that’s been used for a few years?
I watched Arbroath v ICT last night and a player ballooned the ball over the bar due to a bobble on the grass surface. Yet no-one complains that it’s desperately time to replace the grass surface (even though it is).
I can’t remember watching a game at TFS and thinking if we had a better surface we might have scored there or that a player wouldn’t have tripped and got injured due to the pitch specifically. I can on grass surfaces though.
Given our alleged financial predicament, I can think of better uses for cash whilst in the third tier playing teams with tinpot surfaces….

Agree with this 

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Plus Shane Sutherland absolutely fucked his knee on a grass surface with nobody near him.

Nobody mentioned getting rid of grass pitches as a result.

13 hours ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Arbroath v ICT
120 minutes of my life I won't get back. DIRE

Both teams would fuck Falkirk so hard the club wouldn’t be walking right for about 2 years.

It's a lot harder than it was when new, causing more jarring on the body when you run on  it.  

If you ask me the question do I think an artificial pitch can contribute to injuries, my answer would be yes.
HOWEVER,
if you asked me whether a grass or artificial surface is more likely to contribute to injuries, I’d say grass every single time.
Too many jumping on the same ill thought-through bandwagon….

Thought the interview was a bit of a ramble tbh. It’s obvious to me that camera or public speaking is not his forte. However that aside I do not give a flying f£ck as long as he shows an improvement in the football, the mentality and most of all desire and fight.

His interview was the usual play on advertising ST sales, blowing smoke, rah rah rah etc. I think some of his charismatic deficiencies can be overlooked as he is our experienced FOOTBALL MANAGER and I wish him the best for a good season ahead and hope the fans stay with him, give him a chance to get his feet under the table and reinstate his own culture and belief into our club.

Welcome John MyGlynn.

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Both teams would f**k Falkirk so hard the club wouldn’t be walking right for about 2 years.

I don’t think he mentioned that Falkirk were better than either ICT or Arbroath. We know we are not. He quite rightly said it was an appalling game of football to watch and you’d get very few people that would say otherwise.

Both teams would fuck Falkirk so hard the club wouldn’t be walking right for about 2 years.

Both teams looked distinctly average compared to teams in play offs in prior seasons.
Next seasons clear relegation favourites if they do get past St Johnstone……

32 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

My understanding unless it is maintained properly (not saying ours wasn’t) it flattens and compacts. Also believe that under the carpet it compacts and you get parts of the surface harder that other bits so bounce becomes variable. Add to the fact it is played on a Good few hours everyday it does wear out.