The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Doubt you'll be signing anyone when the season is still ongoing in most countries across the globe.  Unless it's players who haven't had a club for months.

Pre contracts mate.

4 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Plenty of shop and office space in Falkirk town center. Makes sense and breaks the councils thinking that that mob have no choice but to accept the deal offered.

The council doesn't and never has had goodwill for Falkirk Football Club.

I’d prefer us to develop the assets we already do own outright at the stadium than going paying money out on a town centre shop. As has already been explained, it’s only the use of the internal 1st and 2nd main stand floor facilities the club has to pay for the use of. We could easily move to another section of the stadium we do have ownership/control of. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

The town centre shop model has already been tried and discarded.

Given the woeful state of the town centre it’s not likely to work in the future.

Time to stop the pointless bitching about TFS and engage with the Council about the possibility of taking over or at least leasing the hospitality areas at a realistic cost to the club.

Guest Ecosse83
2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Doubt you'll be signing anyone when the season is still ongoing in most countries across the globe.  Unless it's players who haven't had a club for months.

I know mate it was tongue in cheek, I do think we will do some business early but not this early. 

I know mate it was tongue in cheek, I do think we will do some business early but not this early. 

Most players are signed until end of May with their current club. I am sure some tapping up is going on but the board/management are not known for leaks

5 hours ago, falkirkzombie said:

this is rubbish - its been shown in pervious accounting years that the concerts are good money makers for the club. Do you really think the club would be continuing with concerts after all these years if they weren't making us money, what would be the point? You talk some pish.

Are you specifically referring to Leigh Griffiths wages ??

Guest Ecosse83
37 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
42 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Most players are signed until end of May with their current club. I am sure some tapping up is going on but the board/management are not known for leaks

Yes the start of June is early

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Couldn’t see him tolerating the lack of effort some displayed last season. Think the fans need to get right behind the team and at times show a bit of patience next season. He definitely comes across very well.

The way he said a few things in that interview it sounds as if the players he has met he has briefed them up already.

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

The way he said a few things in that interview it sounds as if the players he has met he has briefed them up already.

Yeah, he seems to already know who he wants and work is well under way to get them. He clearly knows that in this league there is a requirement for hard grafters which we have seriously lacked in recent seasons.

7 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Yeah, he seems to already know who he wants and work is well under way to get them. He clearly knows that in this league there is a requirement for hard grafters which we have seriously lacked in recent seasons.

I can see recruitment, at least in form, being similar to the summer immediately following relegation, based primarily on experience and players the manager has previously worked with. McGlynn will already know which of the current squad he believes he can work with, those he would like to catapult, and exactly the players he wants to bring in. There's no great leap of imagination to think a number of Raith Rovers players are currently weighing up the certainty of a contract offer from a manager they were still working with two weeks ago against the uncertainty of waiting around to see what develops at Starks Park. 

Whilst myriad other clubs are in varying states of disarray, we've appointed our management team as early as possible and it does not sound like they are planning to hang around as far as the reconstruction of the playing squad is concerned. Good.

What to take from that....

The man can talk. Effortlessly. 23 minutes there and he was only asked about 5 questions. From the first five minutes, it is abundantly clear that he either already know, or is now well briefed, about what's went on at this club last season, and fair play to him for letting me as a fan know that he knows we were a horrible rabble without actually using the words.

Work, sleeves up, fight, standards.... All words he said many times. Very very pleasing. Its clear that he has a set of expectations. Its clear that he works hard and intends to work hard.

Short of talking about formations and strategies on the pitch, he couldn't really be any clearer about how he intends to do this job and its only listening to someone like him that you realise how much fucking snake oil the last few experiments have been spouting to appease the fans every interview.

If he is looking for one wee tiny bit of advice to get started, I would just like to inform him that Craig Sibbald gets it.

A pleasing interview anyway, and gives me confidence that win or lose, its not going to be one minter of a performance after another, by lazy, uncommitted shitebags.

Guarded optimism, first time in a bloody long time, a breath of fresh air. 
Reading between the lines he’s already made his mind up on the charlatans still here.

ST renewal is obviously critical to getting immediate change to the players he’s identified.

Its a big ask just hoping the supporters (again) back the club  in big numbers