The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Exactly the point I am making. The council are in the driving seat regarding what they charge the club for using the stadium, its running costs and overheads and you can be sure there is a healthy mark up on everything because they know the club knows they have no other choice. Goodness knows what % they add onto the electricity bill and you can be damn sure they do. These costs will continue to increase year on year eating into every coin that comes into the club. This stadium is a millstone round the clubs neck.

Or maybe look at it differently, that we're proud of the contribution we as a club make to our community. Every £ from us goes towards services that benefit the people of Falkirk.

Instead of greetin' and pissin' and moaning, we should see the positives. 

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

f**k sake came in to read about some Friday signings but have been hit by moaning faced fuckers. Time to sack this forum off I think! 

Doubt you'll be signing anyone when the season is still ongoing in most countries across the globe.  Unless it's players who haven't had a club for months.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Technically correct but we pay an annual service charge to the council. 

One of the easiest thing to massage up well above inflation just like the PFI's.

Seen it done 500 pound for replacing an out of date fire extinguisher company I worked for sold them to the service provider at 85 pound each.

Hopefully one day the club can buy the stadium but that's in the future. But it should be a long term objective for the club if we want to maximize the income we generate.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Doubt you'll be signing anyone when the season is still ongoing in most countries across the globe.  Unless it's players who haven't had a club for months.

Don't think we will see any movement until the season finishes in the leagues in Scotland and the frees are announced.

7 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

One of the easiest thing to massage up well above inflation just like the PFI's.

Seen it done 500 pound for replacing an out of date fire extinguisher company I worked for sold them to the service provider at 85 pound each.

Hopefully one day the club can buy the stadium but that's in the future. But it should be a long term objective for the club if we want to maximize the income we generate.

We wouldn’t need to buy out the councils share of the main stand, simply stop using the internal facilities and services on the 1st and 2nd floor which could be easily done by developing our own hospitality suites, function rooms and office space in either the south / north stands or by somehow funding a development on the east stand where we already have outline planning permission. It’s something that’s already in the thinking of the new BOD for the longer term.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

34 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

We wouldn’t need to buy out the councils share of the main stand, simply stop using the internal facilities and services on the 1st and 2nd floor which could be easily done by developing our own hospitality suites, function rooms and office space in either the south / north stands or by somehow funding a development on the east stand where we already have outline planning permission. It’s something that’s already in the thinking of the new BOD for the longer term.

Plenty of shop and office space in Falkirk town center. Makes sense and breaks the councils thinking that that mob have no choice but to accept the deal offered.

The council doesn't and never has had goodwill for Falkirk Football Club.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Pre contracts mate.

4 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Plenty of shop and office space in Falkirk town center. Makes sense and breaks the councils thinking that that mob have no choice but to accept the deal offered.

The council doesn't and never has had goodwill for Falkirk Football Club.

I’d prefer us to develop the assets we already do own outright at the stadium than going paying money out on a town centre shop. As has already been explained, it’s only the use of the internal 1st and 2nd main stand floor facilities the club has to pay for the use of. We could easily move to another section of the stadium we do have ownership/control of. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

The town centre shop model has already been tried and discarded.

Given the woeful state of the town centre it’s not likely to work in the future.

Time to stop the pointless bitching about TFS and engage with the Council about the possibility of taking over or at least leasing the hospitality areas at a realistic cost to the club.

Guest Ecosse83
2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I know mate it was tongue in cheek, I do think we will do some business early but not this early. 

I know mate it was tongue in cheek, I do think we will do some business early but not this early. 

Most players are signed until end of May with their current club. I am sure some tapping up is going on but the board/management are not known for leaks

5 hours ago, falkirkzombie said:

this is rubbish - its been shown in pervious accounting years that the concerts are good money makers for the club. Do you really think the club would be continuing with concerts after all these years if they weren't making us money, what would be the point? You talk some pish.

Are you specifically referring to Leigh Griffiths wages ??

Guest Ecosse83
37 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
42 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Most players are signed until end of May with their current club. I am sure some tapping up is going on but the board/management are not known for leaks

Yes the start of June is early

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Couldn’t see him tolerating the lack of effort some displayed last season. Think the fans need to get right behind the team and at times show a bit of patience next season. He definitely comes across very well.

The way he said a few things in that interview it sounds as if the players he has met he has briefed them up already.

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

The way he said a few things in that interview it sounds as if the players he has met he has briefed them up already.

Yeah, he seems to already know who he wants and work is well under way to get them. He clearly knows that in this league there is a requirement for hard grafters which we have seriously lacked in recent seasons.