The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, falkirkzombie said:

this is rubbish - its been shown in pervious accounting years that the concerts are good money makers for the club. Do you really think the club would be continuing with concerts after all these years if they weren't making us money, what would be the point? You talk some pish.

Don't dispute that these events makes money but you miss the point of my post or did not understand what was written. It could be so much more due to a good % of the profits going to the Council for doing next to nothing. 

43 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

That seems hefty and GD is one of those people who just likes hearing himself speak whether he’s spouting bullshit or fact matters not to him. Hard to give an exact figure I guess but how much we pay the council obviously varies on how often we use the facilities, I.e. the more match day hospitality we do or concerts we host ect. Even using the Amarillo lounge to host the AGM incurs charges which is probably the reason more of these meetings are now being held in the south stand bar but in the case of general match day operations(outwith the hospitality suites) or day to day training it doesn’t cost the club anything to use the parts of the stadium ourself or SA own I.e. the pitch, changing facilities, north /south stands and main stand seating. 

Exactly the point I am making. The council are in the driving seat regarding what they charge the club for using the stadium, its running costs and overheads and you can be sure there is a healthy mark up on everything because they know the club knows they have no other choice. Goodness knows what % they add onto the electricity bill and you can be damn sure they do. These costs will continue to increase year on year eating into every coin that comes into the club. This stadium is a millstone round the clubs neck.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

None at all. See previous replies about who owns what. 

Annual rent paid for the South stand only. 

Technically correct but we pay an annual service charge to the council. 

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Nothing for “the ground” as you put it, rent is paid only for the south stand (I’m sure the club accounts show it being in the region of 70k per annum) to Sandy Alexander who was our former largest shareholder. It was asked and laid out at one of the AGM’s, if you read my above post I tried my best to explain the arrangement in regard to what the club do and don’t have to pay for, who owns what and the problems/restraints the club has financially when using the facilities within the main stand. Ideally if we could develop an east stand or use the south south for match day hospitality and other functions we could almost completely cut out the council. It’s not a particularly great deal and 100% outright ownership would be better however there are clubs saddled with far worse arrangements as well. 

The club should go further and relocate the offices out of that Council ego trip and white elephant of a stand letting them stew in their own juice.

There you go council your new offices ready to move into.

Club could buy a shop in the town center with offices above. Its a win win with lower running costs and better access for the fans.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Exactly the point I am making. The council are in the driving seat regarding what they charge the club for using the stadium, its running costs and overheads and you can be sure there is a healthy mark up on everything because they know the club knows they have no other choice. Goodness knows what % they add onto the electricity bill and you can be damn sure they do. These costs will continue to increase year on year eating into every coin that comes into the club. This stadium is a millstone round the clubs neck.

You keep referring to “the stadium” where in reality it’s only a section of the stadium the council have control of. This could be solved by simply moving any use of hospitality suites to the south stand or a new development on the east side and in the long term the guys on the BOD have said they are actively looking at this. I think you are over inflating yet another issue (if it’s even an issue is debatable?!) which you seems to be blowing out of proportion when there are far more pressing problems facing the club 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Guest Ecosse83

f**k sake came in to read about some Friday signings but have been hit by moaning faced fuckers. Time to sack this forum off I think! 

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

You do realise the club have a 125 year priority lease on the land the pitch and stands sit on which we only pay a peppercorn rent for and even although we technically don’t own the land we do own the north stand, the pitch facing aspects of the main stand and changing facilities, SA owns the south stand with the lease also covering the land where a potential east stand would sit should we somehow find the cash to develop this. The  council screw the club by charging us to use the internals of the main stand, specifically the lounges, hospitality suites, bars and bar staff impacting our ability to make any serous income from the facilities in the stadium like some other clubs can. This was asked at a previous AGM and explained, we don’t pay anything for using the stands and changing facilities on match days, training or any other time for that matter, we have priority use of all this at no additional cost including if we chose to host such events as a concert, it’s the facilities within the main the stand they have us over a barrel with and I dare say are charging the events company a pretty penny for at these gigs but it’s all factored in to a budget and the club make upwards of 6 figure sums hosting these events as is shown when the accounts are published. It may sound convoluted but it’s not a totally uncommon arrangement. Randomly I have a friend who runs a livery and training yard for sports horses, he doesn’t own the indoor arena which was built by a 2nd party however said arena does sit on his land and there is a long term lease agreement in place giving both parties access to it at no cost to either of them. It’s mutually  beneficial.

What was the club thinking about getting tied into such a contrived arrangement. They got well and truly screwed with no leverage with the council having a vested interest to have a tenant that knows there place and just has to accept above above inflation increases year on year.

When we reach a level of financial stability and success in the leagues the club should play hardball with the council. Nothing to lose as they have no goodwill towards us as it is.

The club should negotiate how much to buy them out. Therefore a basis on what to do to get the funding together because this should be the long term policy of the club.

Owning our own stadium

3 hours ago, kiddy said:

Shouldn't bite, but if you could quote any other time I had said something negative about renaming the SS. it would be helpful.

On 13/08/2021 at 23:04, kiddy said:

The anticipation of  a pre-season game, v a Hibs B team,  to proclaim the renaming of the McAllister Stand. Is just too much to take in.

On 09/04/2021 at 12:05, kiddy said:

A game against Hibs. 🤣😂😂

Fcuk me, that's straight out the same thought process as getting Dundee to Christen the stadium came from!

A chance to cement a friendship with a European club, develop a partnership & enthuse the fans by inviting Ceske Budejovice for the Stadium opening & they got Dundee.

Here a chance to invite a team up from Chelsea, capture the fans imagination & tie it in with the high point in his career & they talk of Hibs.

These are games folk want to remember & talk about for years to come. The Ajax game being a prime example & they manage to fcuk it up on a mahoosive scale.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I can't find the exact figures but the last official numbers update from the clubs were as follows:

Dunfermline - 2,000 on 30.07.21 

Falkirk - 2,000 on 17.07.21 

I reckon we probably sold around 2,200-2,300 in total

2400 according to our CEO.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Or maybe look at it differently, that we're proud of the contribution we as a club make to our community. Every £ from us goes towards services that benefit the people of Falkirk.

Instead of greetin' and pissin' and moaning, we should see the positives. 

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

f**k sake came in to read about some Friday signings but have been hit by moaning faced fuckers. Time to sack this forum off I think! 

Doubt you'll be signing anyone when the season is still ongoing in most countries across the globe.  Unless it's players who haven't had a club for months.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Technically correct but we pay an annual service charge to the council. 

One of the easiest thing to massage up well above inflation just like the PFI's.

Seen it done 500 pound for replacing an out of date fire extinguisher company I worked for sold them to the service provider at 85 pound each.

Hopefully one day the club can buy the stadium but that's in the future. But it should be a long term objective for the club if we want to maximize the income we generate.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Doubt you'll be signing anyone when the season is still ongoing in most countries across the globe.  Unless it's players who haven't had a club for months.

Don't think we will see any movement until the season finishes in the leagues in Scotland and the frees are announced.

7 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

One of the easiest thing to massage up well above inflation just like the PFI's.

Seen it done 500 pound for replacing an out of date fire extinguisher company I worked for sold them to the service provider at 85 pound each.

Hopefully one day the club can buy the stadium but that's in the future. But it should be a long term objective for the club if we want to maximize the income we generate.

We wouldn’t need to buy out the councils share of the main stand, simply stop using the internal facilities and services on the 1st and 2nd floor which could be easily done by developing our own hospitality suites, function rooms and office space in either the south / north stands or by somehow funding a development on the east stand where we already have outline planning permission. It’s something that’s already in the thinking of the new BOD for the longer term.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

34 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

We wouldn’t need to buy out the councils share of the main stand, simply stop using the internal facilities and services on the 1st and 2nd floor which could be easily done by developing our own hospitality suites, function rooms and office space in either the south / north stands or by somehow funding a development on the east stand where we already have outline planning permission. It’s something that’s already in the thinking of the new BOD for the longer term.

Plenty of shop and office space in Falkirk town center. Makes sense and breaks the councils thinking that that mob have no choice but to accept the deal offered.

The council doesn't and never has had goodwill for Falkirk Football Club.