The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Bit of a contradiction there, if he was capable of getting a tune out them then surely they'd have stayed up? Or at least beat Queens Park in the playoffs.

I hope they keep him as they'll sell less season tickets and he'll make more mental decisions like sending Wighton out on loan and signing Joe Chalmers.

Paying money for Joe Chalmers and he scores the own goal that sticks you in the play offs 😄

15 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Paying money for Joe Chalmers and he scores the own goal that sticks you in the play offs 😄

Paying money we'll give you but his pathetic own goal, as hilarious as it was for anyone except us, didn't stick us in the play offs.

9 hours ago, Maverick_- said:

I hope Dunfermline sack Hughes. They will no doubt bring in some textbook Scottish manager who will be absolutely rotten. Yogi has the ability to get a tune from that team I think, awful end to the season but he’s still a better shout than most in this country. 

He's had 6 months to get a tune out of that lot and yet they got pumped in their last league game by queen of the south the only team with a worse record than them in the league and then beat over two legs by a queen's park side even we managed to draw with a few weeks ago.

My Killers tickets finally came through last week. It will be nice to go to the Falkirk Stadium and be entertained.

Anyway, are we getting money from these concerts or have we had it or are we getting hee haw?

35 minutes ago, Baggio said:

My Killers tickets finally came through last week. It will be nice to go to the Falkirk Stadium and be entertained.

Anyway, are we getting money from these concerts or have we had it or are we getting hee haw?

A lot less than we should have due to a former director that's for sure.

1 minute ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

And he's still hanging about like a bad smell. Heard yesterday he got invited to compere a sportmans dinner at Elliots..shameful if true.

Surely not. The guy would've killed our club with his crooked actions. Still involved with the south stand group which is why he still seems to swan about as if he owns the place. Should never be allowed in the place again.

3 hours ago, Baggio said:

Falkirk will receive 200 grand

32 minutes ago, Hugh hill said:

Falkirk will receive 200 grand

You mean my killers tickets are helping your club ? ruined it for me now 

i am mostly entertained when i visit the FS on other visits  🙂

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Surely not. The guy would've killed our club with his crooked actions. Still involved with the south stand group which is why he still seems to swan about as if he owns the place. Should never be allowed in the place again.

Funny story if it's who I think this is about.

Someone close to me works for Falkirk council and was doing stuff for the killers gig at the stadium, they somehow ended up speaking to this former director who stated the Falkirk Stadium was the 'biggest arena in Scotland for music!' 

Not wanting to be rude the person I know replied nicely 'Wouldn't that be hampden or Murrayfield?' 

Our former director replied in a deadpan manner 'No it's the Falkirk stadium' 😂

23 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Funny story if it's who I think this is about.

Someone close to me works for Falkirk council and was doing stuff for the killers gig at the stadium, they somehow ended up speaking to this former director who stated the Falkirk Stadium was the 'biggest arena in Scotland for music!' 

Not wanting to be rude the person I know replied nicely 'Wouldn't that be hampden or Murrayfield?' 

Our former director replied in a deadpan manner 'No it's the Falkirk stadium' 😂

How much does it even accommodate for at full capacity? I mean even the hydro is 14300

49 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

How much does it even accommodate for at full capacity? I mean even the hydro is 14300

Think there are approximately 8500 seats but obviously for a gig they can sell the pitch as standing tickets as well then also fill the corners in with temporary stands bumping the overall capacity up a good bit in comparison to what it would be for a football match. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

21k if using full capacity of pitch I’m sure, but I’m sure I heard 25, but that might be just my imagination.

Edited by Hampden Roar

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

There is the rub regarding concerts. Falkirk Council take a large cut as and employees or services provided will be charged with a massive mark up Falkirk Football Club are tenants of TFS do the groundwork and the council sit back and wait for the payday.

The mugs that signed up to this one sided deal regarding our home ground should be hunted.

14 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

There is the rub regarding concerts. Falkirk Council take a large cut as and employees or services provided will be charged with a massive mark up Falkirk Football Club are tenants of TFS do the groundwork and the council sit back and wait for the payday.

The mugs that signed up to this one sided deal regarding our home ground should be hunted.

Falkirk own the pitch and all pitch facing areas (ie the seats). I’d wager the council will get a cut for use of car parks and the rental of hospitality suites but otherwise it’s our cash. 

There were 21,000 at the Little Mix concert in 2018. I'm assuming that was a sell out?

IMG_0444.jpg

EKOmXwNXYAEtfPv.jpg

I don't know how much money the club made from that but with the Killers playing two dates we'll hopefully double that. A quick look on Ticketmaster and the first gig is virtually sold out including hospitality and the end blocks of the north and south stands. The second gig still has a bit of a way to go but I still reckon around 15,000+, or similar to the Elton John crowd in 2012

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876