The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, The Laddie Gastineau said:

You heard wrong, Martindale pulled the plug on the deal. As you say all about opinions, but you're just plain daft on Sibbald. 

Have the loan rules been extended?before hand was no more than 2 from any one club at a time but know that changed in the covid season. 

AFAIK it was few months ago and he was trying to get him to sign a pre-contract. Yogi giving it the ‘no loyalty in football’ patter before Sibbs told him there’s no chance he would play for Dunfermline and ending the conversation stone dead there.

He will absolutely get better offers than us however we really need to be offering him the best possible deal to bring him home. If we can afford to chuck money at Griffiths and his fat arse then we absolutely can be offering Sibbs a competitive deal.
There's no way the fans would have accepted him either so worked out for the best.

28 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
2 hours ago, Russ said:

AFAIK it was few months ago and he was trying to get him to sign a pre-contract. Yogi giving it the ‘no loyalty in football’ patter before Sibbs told him there’s no chance he would play for Dunfermline and ending the conversation stone dead there.

He will absolutely get better offers than us however we really need to be offering him the best possible deal to bring him home. If we can afford to chuck money at Griffiths and his fat arse then we absolutely can be offering Sibbs a competitive deal.

There's no way the fans would have accepted him either so worked out for the best.

Why?

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:
3 hours ago, Russ said:

This is surely a wind up? Yous signed Hippo and O'Hara ffs

20 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If you sign sibbs you need to ensure you have the guys in midfield that will do the running for him and do the dirty work to allow him to play. That's been our main issue for a few seasons now. 

Niang from Patrick a shout imo.

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Hi guys :D 

It took Sibbald a good 6-7 months to break into our team after leaving yourselves but once he did he was cracking. He's struggled a lot with injuries though which has been the downfall of him with us.

Last season in the second half of the season he was debatably our best player. We've used him as a deep lying playmaker and as a LW. His best position for us was CM though, but a player who could beat a man and crunch into a tackle. It seems as though he added a bit of dig in his game with us.  He managed to also gain a bit of pace in the last two seasons or so too, was painfully slow when he came to us originally but seemed to pull it out of nowhere recently pre-COVID. 

It sounds as though injuries and COVID had utterly fucked him though. He couldn't break into the team at all this season, had a bad injury where he had quite a few stiches in his ankle. He had COVID twice and also has asthma, he basically said himself that he struggles to run, came on as a sub for us and was done within 5-10 minutes. 

If he was likely to make a full recovery we'd have put a new deal in front of him but it sounds like Martindale isn't confident in him to get back to his best. I can genuinely see him ending up at someone like Dundee to push for the Championship next season. Although he has an emotional pull with you lot. 

If he was likely to regain his full fitness and previous ability I'd say he's comfortably a Premiership level player but if COVID/injuries are going to have a long lasting effect on him then I honestly don't know. I feel quite sorry for him as it felt like he was always on the verge of becoming a standout star for us but kept getting injured as he was picking up form.

Good post mate - thanks.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Good post mate - thanks.

I really hope he does get back to his best as he's a cracking player and a lovely guy too.

IMO best position for him is CM alongside someone to do a bit more dirty work. He did well alongside Holt or Bartley when given the chance. Pittman played ahead of him at CAM but I'd firmly see Sibbs as a comfortable Premiership CM if he regains full fitness and ability

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

No mention of Hughes being booted, in fact no mention of him whatsoever. Hopefully it stays that way.

It literally says the football side of things is still under review.

Agree I hope he stays though.

I hope Dunfermline sack Hughes. They will no doubt bring in some textbook Scottish manager who will be absolutely rotten. Yogi has the ability to get a tune from that team I think, awful end to the season but he’s still a better shout than most in this country. 

7 hours ago, Maverick_- said:

I hope Dunfermline sack Hughes. They will no doubt bring in some textbook Scottish manager who will be absolutely rotten. Yogi has the ability to get a tune from that team I think, awful end to the season but he’s still a better shout than most in this country. 

Bit of a contradiction there, if he was capable of getting a tune out them then surely they'd have stayed up? Or at least beat Queens Park in the playoffs.

I hope they keep him as they'll sell less season tickets and he'll make more mental decisions like sending Wighton out on loan and signing Joe Chalmers.