The Falkirk FC Thread

38 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Some twat on twitter claiming we're interested in Gavin Reilly, twat because he scored 5 goals all season for Morton and is pish.

He won a player of the month at some point last season. I wouldn’t say he’s the worst player ever to have played for Dunfermline but he’s easily in the top two. Will probably score a heap for you against us next season.

Edited by Shandon Par

7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

He won a player of the month at some point last season. I wouldn’t say he’s the worst player ever to have played for Dunfermline but he’s easily in the top two. Will probably score a heap for you against us next season.

Bagged himself 3 goals in January in his purple patch, then managed 2 whole league goals the rest of the season.

Edited by FFC 1876

One of the “exclusives” from that twitter account is that Morton are in advanced talks with Brian McLean yet Morton posted a squad update yesterday afternoon and has McLean down for talks, some exclusive.

6 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

One of the “exclusives” from that twitter account is that Morton are in advanced talks with Brian McLean yet Morton posted a squad update yesterday afternoon and has McLean down for talks, some exclusive.

I'm amazed Brian McLean is still playing football. Looked done ten years odd ago when he played with us. 

Guest FFC1965
1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Who’d people prefer out of Annan or Edinburgh City? Both a massive upgrade (away day wise) on East Fife. 

I initially thought Edinburgh City but I’ve just seen the wee shitey stand they’ve built at Meadowbank and thought, maybe not 

Edinburgh City for me, would be my closest away game and far easier to reach than home games. 

Not sure if they will actually be back in Meadowbank Stadium for the 2022/23 season (based on the City of Edinburgh councils track record on everything else probably not) but  if not Ainslie Park will do fine.   

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm amazed Brian McLean is still playing football. Looked done ten years odd ago when he played with us. 

Definitely didn’t expect him to last to 37 after his early injuries while At Motherwell, when he went abroad and came back to Dumbarton thought his career was winding down but fair play to him.

14 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂 strong VL energy from Marshie as per.

Screenshot_20220510-110003.png

You'll only be one of several that Mallowhead constantly red dots. The main reason I kept up posting a :) whenever Falkirk lost a goal was the mild amusement of getting an immediate  blob from him. He now follows me around to give me one for any post I put up. 😄

I think it's called Compulsive Behaviour Syndrome - it's his life's devotion.

Edited by Raith_Raver

7 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

You'll only be one of several that Mallowhead constantly red dots. The main reason I kept up posting a :) whenever Falkirk lost a goal was the mild amusement of getting an immediate  blob from him. He now follows me around to give me one for any post I put up. 😄

I think it's called Compulsive Behaviour Syndrome - it's his life's devotion.

Bit ironic that when you’re on a Falkirk thread lol.

Edited by JinkyBairn

Guest Ecosse83

Anyone know when the season tickets are due out? It’s been a few seasons since I’ve had one and can’t remember when they come out. 

I’ve got a wee super excited 5 year old wanting his first ticket and the full kit! 

#mcglynnfactor 😂

7 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Anyone know when the season tickets are due out? It’s been a few seasons since I’ve had one and can’t remember when they come out. 

I’ve got a wee super excited 5 year old wanting his first ticket and the full kit! 

#mcglynnfactor 😂

28 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

This season the business that I would like to see done early is the pappin' oot, rather than the bringing in. Get McKay, Hetherington, Ross, Holt, Nesbitt and more out of the club early doors and I'll be much more positive about our chances this season. That will also then give us a much better idea of who we need and can afford to bring in.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Think I'd prefer Airdrie to stay down and Edinburgh city coming up. Not based on any football reasons just means I could catch up and have a good drink with my Airdrie supporting pal, QOFS down means I can catch my pal in Dumfries so not wanting Annan up as I could force my Edinburgh based son to go to the Edinburgh City game! No reason why I should be the only family member to be miserable watching us 😂

37 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Maybe they’re trying to get a shirt sponsor and that’s holding up the kit?

The kits will be launched after the players return to training. Probably being worn by new signings to get a bit of a buzz around the place. 

I think preseason was scheduled to begin 15th June so I'd expect the kits to be unveiled around the middle of next month. 

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

This season the business that I would like to see done early is the pappin' oot, rather than the bringing in. Get McKay, Hetherington, Ross, Holt, Nesbitt and more out of the club early doors and I'll be much more positive about our chances this season. That will also then give us a much better idea of who we need and can afford to bring in.

I don't think we'll be in a strong enough position financially to get everyone that we want out. The main two for me would be McKay and Hetherington because they're two key positions that we need to strengthen in. I think McGuffie, Nesbitt and maybe Ross may be considered acceptable back-up. I also thought that Wilson was MOM against Alloa, well, ok, for the first ten minutes or so!! He might be back-up to Williamson next season??

Some folk on here (not you necessarily, canny mind your take on it) also need a reality check. Yes, we're the 'biggest' club in the league (although not necessarily next season) and, of course, we should be targeting winning the league, but we've been shite for years and have shown that we're more than capable of being consistently pish so it's realistic to expect that it may take time to turn it around.

It'll come down to money at the end of the day so we all need to do our bit by buying season tickets. Let's out-sell the fifers for a start!

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He red dots enough of us never mind the opposition. I just got one for simply asking a query.🤷😂

The guys nuts.

I always thought the point of a forum was to have a view.

Thank goodness Musk is taking over Twitter which means unpc viewpoints can be freely discussed without torrents of abuse.