The Falkirk FC Thread

42 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Actually think there's scope to grow our baseline home crowd even beyond the level we saw in the top flight. The area's population has grown a fair bit since we were last in that division. Appreciate a lot of that will be due to us becoming more of a commuter town but over time it's not unthinkable that we can start converting some of those arrivals into fans if we can have some level of success.

Coupled with the fact that our last time in the Premiership we'd not long moved into the new ground I think we'd be looking at 6k or so ok the top flight

QP going up would be preferable. They will have a far bigger budget than Airdrie, Airdrie will likely lose Murray if they don’t go up and lastly as someone said earlier, we are likely to take their better players on the basis they don’t go up too. 

I can't see Airdrie not going up. Queens Park aren't very prolific, Montrose had goals of a start and Airdrie still beat them, they are also a better side than Queens. Stranger things have happened but Queens Park to better Airdrie over two games can't see it. 

9 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I can't see Airdrie not going up. Queens Park aren't very prolific, Montrose had goals of a start and Airdrie still beat them, they are also a better side than Queens. Stranger things have happened but Queens Park to better Airdrie over two games can't see it. 

I couldn't see the pars losing to Queens park but it happened.

It wouldn't be a similar shock if Queens won but if I was a betting man my cash would be on Airdrie.

8 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I couldn't see the pars losing to Queens park but it happened.

It wouldn't be a similar shock if Queens won but if I was a betting man my cash would be on Airdrie.

I agree Airdrie are the better side but qp seem to be hitting a bit of form at the right time. Airdrie can leak goals too. Difficult one to call.

53 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Airdrie went 2 at the back in the 2nd half and went for it

26 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I agree Airdrie are the better side but qp seem to be hitting a bit of form at the right time. Airdrie can leak goals too. Difficult one to call.

Queens were decent against us in every game bar the last one, passed and moved the ball well but seemed to switch off. 

I'm guessing Coyle has brought in more shit the bed tactics which may work for them 

Watching ICT v Arbroath. If Arbroath did somehow get promoted where would they play games? Dundee? They only have 800 seats at gayfield and whilst the 6k rule no longer applies to compete financially they need crowds bigger than 800 surely.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Watching ICT v Arbroath. If Arbroath did somehow get promoted where would they play games? Dundee? They only have 800 seats at gayfield and whilst the 6k rule no longer applies to compete financially they need crowds bigger than 800 surely.

They'd play at Gayfield exactly as they do now. The ground requirements for Premiership and Championship are the same.

They’ve over 1000 season ticket holders. I’d imagine they’ve got a bigger home crowd than the likes of Livingston and Hamilton so I’m sure they would be fine.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I don't think the all seater rule exists anymore. If the the ground has a safety certificate, and is accepted into the league structure, there is no problem.

Who’d people prefer out of Annan or Edinburgh City? Both a massive upgrade (away day wise) on East Fife. 

I initially thought Edinburgh City but I’ve just seen the wee shitey stand they’ve built at Meadowbank and thought, maybe not 

11 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

I don't think the all seater rule exists anymore. If the the ground has a safety certificate, and is accepted into the league structure, there is no problem.

So why are top flight clubs trialling safe standing and why do they need to ask for permission to install safe standing? Surely if there isn't a rule against standing in the top flight  you can just put in  what you want?   🤷