The Falkirk FC Thread

10 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Me too. 

They gave us a brilliant week in Ceske Budejovice which was the first time I ever went abroad in my life. Doing it to follow Falkirk made it extra special. 

I know of at least one saddo memorabilia collector who went round the sports field after the first game nicking all these posters Probably still got them in his house. 

Anyone remember buying the fish on a stick? 😬

Czech tourney.JPG

The mackerel on a stick were amazing, still talk about them to this day 😊. What a great trip that was.

4 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

The mackerel on a stick were amazing, still talk about them to this day 😊. What a great trip that was.

Had the hangover from hell on that bus to those games though.  Great sing song on the way back though.

On 08/05/2022 at 18:41, cb_diamond said:

Their average attendance was bigger than yours this season. 

Probably because they actually entertain away fans and not 2 men and a dog every week? Absolute moron😂

On 08/05/2022 at 20:54, cb_diamond said:

You're literally a season away from needing to go PT or hybrid due to the club's horrendous performance and it's knock on effect on the old finances and have a hugely dwindling fanbase. But you will have a bigger budget than Gretna 2.0, who are so cash rich they were paying premier League money in the fourth tier this season 😂😂😂😂

We've been a season away from part time or hybrid on here for about 4 years now and yet we're still full time and getting more than 2000 season tickets sold every season. I'd expect 2500 this year again. You've still not shown any evidence of a hugely dwindling fanbase either. Most of the drop in attendances can easily be explained by online streaming and lack of any sizeable away supports what so ever last season.  If we go  by the source of the  stats you originally threw up  unaltered Airdrie have lost approx 300 of a crowd on average per week since the 19/20 season . That's a third of your support and must surely be very concerning.

54 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I just wish incompetence was all it was unfortunately it went a lot further than that. 

When the free transfers from the higher leagues are announced that is when the signings will come. Squads all over will be reduced and hopefully we pick up a few gems.

Here's hoping

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We've been a season away from part time or hybrid on here for about 4 years now and yet we're still full time and getting more than 2000 season tickets sold every season. I'd expect 2500 this year again. You've still not shown any evidence of a hugely dwindling fanbase either. Most of the drop in attendances can easily be explained by online streaming and lack of any sizeable away supports what so ever last season.  If we go  by the source of the  stats you originally threw up  unaltered Airdrie have lost approx 300 of a crowd on average per week since the 19/20 season . That's a third of your support and must surely be very concerning.

Hopefully the support holds up but I think there will be a drop. Not through losing supporters but the financial situation people find themselves in.

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Nah, not really we live well within our means. But again, the crowd w**k wasn't the initial point. It was about given the continual regression of Falkirk over the last half decade and the the fact that L1 will be an even harder league to do well in next year. Is it realistic that, if you have another "Falkirk" of a season then FFC fans will drop their bizarre "sleeping giants" attitude and accept that they are the below mediocre third tier outfit that all signs point towards?

I look forward to the bUt WerE hUmuNGouS cOMParEd To AiRDrIE response.

5 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Nah, not really we live well within our means. But again, the crowd w**k wasn't the initial point. It was about given the continual regression of Falkirk over the last half decade and the the fact that L1 will be an even harder league to do well in next year. Is it realistic that, if you have another "Falkirk" of a season then FFC fans will drop their bizarre "sleeping giants" attitude and accept that they are the below mediocre third tier outfit that all signs point towards?

Airdrie are an absolute pub team in comparison to Falkirk, HTH.

Edited by sick boy

6 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Think the benchmark of how big your club’s ambitions are will be how many of the current Airdire squad end up playing next season at New Broomfield for the home team

5 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Think the benchmark of how big your club’s ambitions are will be how many of the current Airdire squad end up playing next season at New Broomfield for the home team

Is that not the benchmark of any successful team? Hence why there's no worries about the current Falkirk teams whereabouts come August. Also well done for being number 12 is the distract and sweep brigade.

Just now, cb_diamond said:

better. than. your. team. 😂😘

First season in how many?🤣 diddy club behaviour from one of the smallest in the league tbh, #YouveGotNoFans

1 minute ago, sick boy said:

First season in how many?🤣 diddy club behaviour from one of the smallest in the league tbh, #YouveGotNoFans

We literally pump yous every week ahahaha. One of the worst teams I’ve seen in L1 and we’ve been there for ages.