The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
16 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:
Lazy comment that folk seem to have been making me without actually checking his Raith squad.

I'm choking to see a few hammer throwers in the squad anyway tbf

Mcglynn definitely keen to bulk us up a bit that's for sure. We've been far too lightweight for a good few seasons now.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Mcglynn definitely keen to bulk us up a bit that's for sure. We've been far too lightweight for a good few seasons now.

Heard any names Shadders? You seem to have a bit of in the know in you.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Only seen him play a handfull of times but Mcglynn did keep bringing him back to Raith so wouldn't be a surprise. Bit of a utility player, left sided not exactly anything special from what I have seen but admittedly that's very little. 

Mackie is good player but has his lapse of concentration moments but when he came to us, instant upgrade on Liam Dick, going forward and defensively and if he can stay injury free be a decent signing for you lot, but apparently he’s got offers from QP, Hamilton and another championship side, but if Falkirk get him be a good signing 

On 08/05/2022 at 20:54, cb_diamond said:

You're literally a season away from needing to go PT or hybrid due to the club's horrendous performance and it's knock on effect on the old finances and have a hugely dwindling fanbase. But you will have a bigger budget than Gretna 2.0, who are so cash rich they were paying premier League money in the fourth tier this season 😂😂😂😂

Maybe you need to worry about your own club ,your club seemed delighted with over 2000 at your playoff game 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Budvar for me Bud (meant)!

Me too. 

They gave us a brilliant week in Ceske Budejovice which was the first time I ever went abroad in my life. Doing it to follow Falkirk made it extra special. 

I know of at least one saddo memorabilia collector who went round the sports field after the first game nicking all these posters Probably still got them in his house. 

Anyone remember buying the fish on a stick? 😬

Czech tourney.JPG

Danny Grainger ‘takes the reins’ at Workington again after a bruising time with you guys. Always felt he’d do better at Falkirk but sometimes these things just can’t be predicted. Not sure how much he was suited to being no.2 to Peanut who was clearly out of his depth.

6 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Danny Grainger ‘takes the reins’ at Workington again after a bruising time with you guys. Always felt he’d do better at Falkirk but sometimes these things just can’t be predicted. Not sure how much he was suited to being no.2 to Peanut who was clearly out of his depth.

Really thought he was a brilliant bit of business last Summer, came with glowing reviews. Agreed have to pin most of the blame on Sheerin, but Grainger’s pre match cove interview was shameful - utter loser mentality after 3 defeats in a row, one of which was 6-0 to Queens Park 5 days previously. We then got scudded 3-0 at home by Cove. 

Guest Ecosse83
29 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Me too. 

They gave us a brilliant week in Ceske Budejovice which was the first time I ever went abroad in my life. Doing it to follow Falkirk made it extra special. 

I know of at least one saddo memorabilia collector who went round the sports field after the first game nicking all these posters Probably still got them in his house. 

Anyone remember buying the fish on a stick? 😬

Czech tourney.JPG

😂😂 I sure do, it was quickly washed down with a 15p point of budvar 

1 hour ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

He stayed loyal to Sheerin even after Sheerin was gone. Admirable trait and all that, but he failed to see the bigger picture, and walking around with a face like a smacked arse did him no favours, and virtually ensured his career wasn’t going anywhere in a hurry.

Luke Leahy winning supporters POTY a few weeks back for Shrewsbury.

Don’t think I’ve seen many players with such a remarkable turn around for us. You have to wonder what Pressley saw in him as the guy seemed miles out of his depth, and him playing as stand-in keeper kind of summed him up. It was even more shocking when Houston offered him a new deal. Fair play to him though - he obviously kept working away and became an absolutely key player for us in our 15-17 seasons. Good to see him having some relative success at the clubs he’s been at since. 

As an edit: seems like it was actually Holt who offered him a new deal! 

Edited by Just a bairn

Me too. 
Anyone remember buying the fish on a stick? [emoji51]
98307161_Czechtourney.JPG.cc6c4b996dd01f80addc3079795f0a1c.JPG
Then they invited Dundee to open the Bairnabeu.[emoji2359]
A free shot & they still managed to put it in their own net.

Guest Caractacus Potts
12 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

it wasn't down to incompetence from anyone, as I think you're inferring, or conspiracies from dodgy staff / directors which was a major theme on here this time last season. 

Can’t mind there being anything said about dodgy staff but you can’t say the incompetence aimed at the old board was proved wrong!? 

Anyway I don’t see anything at the moment that would make me worry as we are so short staffed at the moment. That will get sorted though and hopefully everything keeps moving in the right direction. Looking forward to seeing who McGlynn brings in. 

11 hours ago, Hugh hill said:

Maybe you need to worry about your own club ,your club seemed delighted with over 2000 at your playoff game 🤣🤣🤣

I make you the 11th Falkirk fan to reply and literally have nothing to say about the actual points I'm making. Telling. Sweep, sweep, deflect, deflect.

59 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Can’t mind there being anything said about dodgy staff but you can’t say the incompetence aimed at the old board was proved wrong!? 

Anyway I don’t see anything at the moment that would make me worry as we are so short staffed at the moment. That will get sorted though and hopefully everything keeps moving in the right direction. Looking forward to seeing who McGlynn brings in. 

I just wish incompetence was all it was unfortunately it went a lot further than that. 

Mackie is good player but has his lapse of concentration moments but when he came to us, instant upgrade on Liam Dick, going forward and defensively and if he can stay injury free be a decent signing for you lot, but apparently he’s got offers from QP, Hamilton and another championship side, but if Falkirk get him be a good signing 

[emoji849] We have clearly been watching a different player.

After his first couple of games, there was 0 evidence that he was an upgrade.

In the 4-0 home defeat to Ayr, Liam Dick was subbed off at half time for his awful first half showing. On comes Sean Mackie. After the game, quite a few Rovers fans were questioning why we had signed him when he was clearly not an upgrade.

So he certainly wasn’t an instant upgrade.

He did get better and looked half decent in the last few games of the season, when it no longer mattered.

In saying all this, he may well be a good signing in League One and I’m not convinced he’s a championship standard player.