The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

As a club we can’t even get the basics right. Why wouldn’t you record a Falkirk TV interview at the same time as the press or even better record one at the same time as the photographer was taking the photos last week. No other club would have its media outlets being the last ones to speak to the new manager?

Nothing wrong with it all. If anything it's better. If they done it today your getting the exact same responses that McGlynn is giving the press. Leave it a few more days and you'll probably get totally different answers from based on his first few days in the job. Absolutely nothing wrong here whatsoever.

Guest JBJ
45 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Save yourself the keystrokes and just go back a couple of hundred pages. This has already been discussed long since.

He didn't sign for us and McGlynn won't make the same mistake twice.

If my auntie had balls ...

Yep I agree, just don’t like to see misinformation- wrong forum then I guess! 

Guest JBJ
45 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We weren't prepared to pay what Clyde wanted so that was that. Raiths board were and are still paying for it and could be for some time yet.

They didn’t pay what Clyde wanted either but outbid you marginally and then there’s the player’s choice to be considered.

You had a lucky escape the way it ended up.

Good luck next season.

5 minutes ago, JBJ said:

They didn’t pay what Clyde wanted either but outbid you marginally and then there’s the player’s choice to be considered.

You had a lucky escape the way it ended up.

Good luck next season.

Ah well! I'll take a lucky escape. Wanti shut up about it now squire x 

9 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

As a club we can’t even get the basics right. Why wouldn’t you record a Falkirk TV interview at the same time as the press or even better record one at the same time as the photographer was taking the photos last week. No other club would have its media outlets being the last ones to speak to the new manager?

There was no time to do an interview last week. He came in at night, met with the board, presumably had his reps scrutinise the contract and then signed it. An hour after doing that the photographer - me - got him and PS for ten minutes to take some images so that the club could release the story. 

Then on his first day today he met the press to answer questions and posed for images from the two media outlets who sent photographers. He was planned to do an FFCTV interview today but for a couple of different reasons it didn't happen. 

I don't see it as a big deal. It'll be done in the next few days and it wasn't down to incompetence from anyone, as I think you're inferring, or conspiracies from dodgy staff / directors which was a major theme on here this time last season. 

It's just life. Sometimes things don't always go to plan. 

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

There was no time to do an interview last week. He came in at night, met with the board, presumably had his reps scrutinise the contract and then signed it. An hour after doing that the photographer - me - got him and PS for ten minutes to take some images so that the club could release the story. 

Then on his first day today he met the press to answer questions and posed for images from the two media outlets who sent photographers. He was planned to do an FFCTV interview today but for a couple of different reasons it didn't happen. 

I don't see it as a big deal. It'll be done in the next few days and it wasn't down to incompetence from anyone, as I think you're inferring, or conspiracies from dodgy staff / directors which was a major theme on here this time last season. 

Guys been in the door for 2 seconds and people are finding stuff to complain about. It always happens. McGlynn could be a mute for the next season as long as his teams do the talking on the park. 

4 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Did you manage to ask him if he scouts the lowland league formerly the juniors?

2 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Guys been in the door for 2 seconds and people are finding stuff to complain about. It always happens. McGlynn could be a mute for the next season as long as his teams do the talking on the park. 

It wouldn't be Falkirk if they weren't greetin.  It's just part of the club's fans make up.

Not nicknamed the Bairns for nothing

Guest JBJ
45 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Ah well! I'll take a lucky escape. Wanti shut up about it now squire x 

Probably best 😀

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Do we know if they've shafted everyone else they've sponsored were we the only ones stupid enough to fall for their pay monthly pish?

I don’t know the exact details of their contract with us, but the owner of his “correspondence address” in Airdrie would never have anything more to do with them, that’s for sure.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Why's this? Don't get this 'Mcglynn only signs big brutes' kind of spin. He signed Aidan Connolly last summer, Dan Armstrong the year before and his starting full backs last season were Liam Dick and Reghan Tumilty.

Lazy comment that folk seem to have been making me without actually checking his Raith squad.

13 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Good to hear and see that McGlynn took in the Airdrie v Montrose match on Saturday. 

Re a sponsor, may we see Central Dem back now that Totten is back at the club? 

Hard to say. CD were fantastic backers of the club, but I believe they were looking to step down for a few years, but wouldn’t leave the club in the lurch. I think that arrangement had gone on for a year or three until Clarke ePOS rolled up.

If that’s the case (and I don’t know for sure, but it sounds plausible, and only the club will know for certain), then CD might not be up for the main sponsor role again.

I always thought David R Weir with the Mercedes logo were our classiest shirt sponsor, but undoubtedly Central Demolition were far and away the biggest benefactors over a good number of years.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

11 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Good to hear and see that McGlynn took in the Airdrie v Montrose match on Saturday. 

Re a sponsor, may we see Central Dem back now that Totten is back at the club? 

Mcglynn has probably watched more football in the past week than any of us have in the past year. He absolutely lives and breaths football. We've not had a particularly "big" team during his second spell. Set pieces have been a bit of an issue at times due to that. 

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Mcglynn has probably watched more football in the past week than any of us have in the past year. He absolutely lives and breaths football. We've not had a particularly "big" team during his second spell. Set pieces have been a bit of an issue at times due to that. 

That'll be because Mcglynn absolutely loves signing a team full of big physical hill billy's and wee toaty players aren't his jam.