The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest JBJ
3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That seemed to be the amount mentioned most by Raith fans on the Raith thread.  Whether  it's a pound or a thousand pounds it's a complete waste of money that's for sure.

Agree with you there 

Guest JBJ
2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We showed an interest but not at the price clyde were asking as far as I know.  Rennies away now so who gives a feck. 

More than an interest for sure 

8 minutes ago, JBJ said:

More than an interest for sure 

Save yourself the keystrokes and just go back a couple of hundred pages. This has already been discussed long since.

He didn't sign for us and McGlynn won't make the same mistake twice.

If my auntie had balls ...

8 hours ago, ChrispPancake said:

1. Rumours on the new strip please (which I won't buy)

2. Rumours on the season ticket price and dates (which i'll buy anyway)

3. any other rumours? (or rumours about rumours, which are sometimes better than the original rumour)

Heard today Shaun Mackie may be signing from Hibs.

Guest FFC1965

This might be a daft question but given that McGlynn started today and there are a stack of players contracted to 31.05.23 / 31.05.2024 will McGlynn run the rule over the squad in the next few weeks or did they effectively all bugger off for the summer after our last game v QPFC on 30.04.22 and wont return until pre season starts?   

Presumably the players will have an unfettered right to a number of weeks off but if that doesn't officially start until 1 June then getting a look at the squad now might be helpful.  They could have been preparing for a playoff just now so its reasonable to get cracking on preparation for next season.  Clearly the players would hate being called in, but they should have maybe thought about that before being such useless shitebags this season.    

5 minutes ago, PetShopBairn said:

Was at Raith on loan. Totally different style of left back to McCann that's for sure. Would meet the more physical requirements that mcglynn favours.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Just now, PetShopBairn said:

Only seen him play a handfull of times but Mcglynn did keep bringing him back to Raith so wouldn't be a surprise. Bit of a utility player, left sided not exactly anything special from what I have seen but admittedly that's very little. 

13 minutes ago, FFC1965 said:

This might be a daft question but given that McGlynn started today and there are a stack of players contracted to 31.05.23 / 31.05.2024 will McGlynn run the rule over the squad in the next few weeks or did they effectively all bugger off for the summer after our last game v QPFC on 30.04.22 and wont return until pre season starts?   

Presumably the players will have an unfettered right to a number of weeks off but if that doesn't officially start until 1 June then getting a look at the squad now might be helpful.  They could have been preparing for a playoff just now so its reasonable to get cracking on preparation for next season.  Clearly the players would hate being called in, but they should have maybe thought about that before being such useless shitebags this season.    

I think we'd be naive to think that mcglynn hasn't seen us or at least had someone watching us since we first showed an interest in him. I'd expect him to know every player on our books.  Plus Rennie will have info to pass on to him.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Let's not forget that Rennie was "helping" the board whilst Miller took the reins. If he's identified players then you'd think McGlynn will pretty much reject most of them if Rennie's January window is anything to go by. The only players of any note that Rennie brought in that you could say got pass marks were Watson and Kabia. The rest were ganting including Griffiths.

9 minutes ago, FFC1965 said:

The players are contracted and depending on holiday arrangements which you would think are after the play off dates. It would be in the players interests to show what they can do and impress the new management regime.  There will be closed season signings that could challenge their position plus the potential of being moved on if that does not motivate them then nothing will.

Liked Yogi's closed season standards he laid down with weight and condition requirements for returning to training and if there is a season where the team have to come flying out the traps its this one. 

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I think we'd be naive to think that mcglynn hasn't seen us or at least had someone watching us since we first showed an interest in him. I'd expect him to know every player on our books. 

It was one of the questions he was asked at the PC today, and he basically replied that he already knows a great deal about our players. To answer the previous poster which you were responding to, I don't think there's any danger of the contracted players returning in the next few weeks. Particularly as many of them are already abroad on holiday. I can't see them back until pre-season training begins in mid June. 

21 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Was at Raith on loan. Totally different style of left back to McCann that's for sure. Would meet the more physical requirements that mcglynn favours.

I wouldn’t be surprised if McCann is moved on in the summer. He’s not the style of player Mcglynn seems to favour at all.

3 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It was one of the questions he was asked at the PC today, and he basically replied that he already knows a great deal about our players. To answer the previous poster which you were responding to, I don't think there's any danger of the contracted players returning in the next few weeks. Particularly as many of them are already abroad on holiday. I can't see them back until pre-season training begins in mid June. 

Yeah Mcglynn basically confirmed that in his Falkirk Herald piece today. No coaching at the moment as they'll all be away on holiday. 

“We’ve been here before and right now the recruitment drive is the key thing to get right. There is no coaching so our full focus is on that. The next few weeks are massive and it will determine how the season is going to go.

26 minutes ago, FFC1965 said:

I would be shocked if McGlynn doesn’t know the squad in some detail from his own knowledge and what the previous manager will have told him. He won’t need to be Pep FFS to know what quality he has. 

There was a press conference and photcall today. Falkirk TV interview will be later in the week. 
As far as fanfare goes, it's possible they might have some sort of "meet the manager" event during the close season. I'm guessing that if it happened it would be once season tickets go on sale. 

As a club we can’t even get the basics right. Why wouldn’t you record a Falkirk TV interview at the same time as the press or even better record one at the same time as the photographer was taking the photos last week. No other club would have its media outlets being the last ones to speak to the new manager?

6 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if McCann is moved on in the summer. He’s not the style of player Mcglynn seems to favour at all.

Why's this? Don't get this 'Mcglynn only signs big brutes' kind of spin. He signed Aidan Connolly last summer, Dan Armstrong the year before and his starting full backs last season were Liam Dick and Reghan Tumilty.

7 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

He's on a three year contract as is McKay. Who's going to be daft enough to pay money for him? You have to hope that Holt when signing these guys had the insight to put clauses in if not we can't afford to pay them off.