The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm just glad McGlynn is in the door and hopefully already working to rebuild the squad, along with finishing off a fresh trebuchet for McKay, Hetherington and Wilson to be loaded in to

We didn't appoint Sheerin until the 28th of May last year. I know Holt had been identifying targets before that but given his track record we might as well have picked guys entirely at random, or outsourced our scouting to a blind man.  

57 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

West Brom's kit from season 2021 - 2022 is smart. Not keen on the red trim but I could live with it.

West Bromwich Albion 2021/22 PUMA Home Kit - FOOTBALL FASHION

Wouldn't surprise me if the white sides would be filled in, but then the centre blue be replaced by white. Keep an eye on what Plymouth Argyle have, if they are still with Puma for next season.

Very curious as to which sponsor we will have

34 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Yes, thanks, but I rather thought they’d be having something with a bit of a fanfare and McGlynn taking questions about his plans and aspirations.

oh,well.

I think he only starts today. Probably be an interview on Falkirk TV.

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I think he only starts today. Probably be an interview on Falkirk TV.

Would take it as a given that he’s been trying to get a few RR players over, and no doubts trying to get the players he doesn’t fancy out the door. A good number of guys I know are a lot more positive than only a few weeks ago, and with our Fife neighbours playing “ come on down” who knows a couple of decent signings may go a long way in stabilising our ST intake……

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Where's all these pre contract announcements? Get the sexy signings in early on. Only 12 weeks till the season starts again.

I would not expect much, if anything, for the next few weeks at least. A lot of contracts have not even expired yet. Obviously plenty of work will be going on to try to get agreements in place, but in terms of announcements, it will be the start of June before things become clearer. Holt had five or six lined up last summer, prior to Sheerin coming in at the end of May, the names were out there and well-known, but it was the first week in June before anything became official. Cannot imagine it being much different this year. The main thing is that we have made our management appointment very early and given them as much time as possible to get things ready ahead of a pivotal season. 

9 minutes ago, AGPar said:

I would not expect much, if anything, for the next few weeks at least. A lot of contracts have not even expired yet. Obviously plenty of work will be going on to try to get agreements in place, but in terms of announcements, it will be the start of June before things become clearer. Holt had five or six lined up last summer, prior to Sheerin coming in at the end of May, the names were out there and well-known, but it was the first week in June before anything became official. Cannot imagine it being much different this year. The main thing is that we have made our management appointment very early and given them as much time as possible to get things ready ahead of a pivotal season. 

Last season I get as we never had a manager in place so announcing signings before announcing the manager would have been madness, this season however if we get players signed up on a pre contract get them anounced as soon as possible build up a bit of optimism for the season and hopefully with the renewed optimism get some extra season tickets sold. 

Remember folk's got their profile picture to update. 

Guest JBJ
20 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not according to John mcglynn. Whilst he was keen to start with once he found out the feelings of the fans etc on it he was dead against it but the chairman overruled him. That's straight from the horse's mouth 

Pants on fire

4 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

I hate to get into the usual & repetitive Falkirk attendance debate, but If you can provide average home attendence from home fans only then that is the only way to settle it. As has been touched on before, 5 guys and a dug travelling from Peterhead on a Tuesday night will have an impact on the figures you are using, compared to Kilmarnock, dunfermline etc travelling to our stadium but I'm sure you knew that anyway. Your argument is currently apples and oranges. Season tickets sold might be a good place to start, I don't know the exact figures of either clubs, we might well have less but I suppose that will Kind of give you an idea. 

Someone on the Dunfermline thread said their Board had "let slip" they only had 1495 season ticket holders. Pretty sure ours are over 2000.

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Yes, thanks, but I rather thought they’d be having something with a bit of a fanfare and McGlynn taking questions about his plans and aspirations.

oh,well.

There was a press conference and photcall today. Falkirk TV interview will be later in the week. 

As far as fanfare goes, it's possible they might have some sort of "meet the manager" event during the close season. I'm guessing that if it happened it would be once season tickets go on sale. 

34 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

There was a press conference and photcall today. Falkirk TV interview will be later in the week. 

As far as fanfare goes, it's possible they might have some sort of "meet the manager" event during the close season. I'm guessing that if it happened it would be once season tickets go on sale. 

Wow!

Not so daft, after all.

3 hours ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

Wouldn't surprise me if the white sides would be filled in, but then the centre blue be replaced by white. Keep an eye on what Plymouth Argyle have, if they are still with Puma for next season.

Very curious as to which sponsor we will have

One thing is certain. It won’t be Clarke ePOS.

Guest JBJ
2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You believe what you want if it makes you feel better.

It doesn’t make me feel better but if you want to believe that the contact stopped and the perseverance from JMCG to get him in the door receded after the sponsor and volunteers and fans spoke up against the possibility, I hope it makes you feel better.

26 minutes ago, JBJ said:

It doesn’t make me feel better but if you want to believe that the contact stopped and the perseverance from JMCG to get him in the door receded after the sponsor and volunteers and fans spoke up against the possibility, I hope it makes you feel better.

Well someone's telling Porkie pies that's for sure. I don't give a feck either way. It's raith that have to piss about trying to get a striker getting paid over a grand a week off their books not Falkirk. I'm more interested in what he does for us. No skin off my nose so I've no reason to make anything up and I certainly don't spend my time thinking about what sort of stuff I can make up on a message board I can assure you of that.

Guest JBJ
34 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Well someone's telling Porkie pies that's for sure. I don't give a feck either way. It's raith that have to piss about trying to get a striker getting paid over a grand a week off their books not Falkirk. I'm more interested in what he does for us. No skin off my nose so I've no reason to make anything up and I certainly don't spend my time thinking about what sort of stuff I can make up on a message board I can assure you of that.

Someone is, that’s for sure.

You’re also miles off on the wages. 

Guest JBJ
37 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You’ll be telling us all next that your manager wasn’t all over him either trying to get him to play for your club.

6 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Someone is, that’s for sure.

You’re also miles off on the wages. 

That seemed to be the amount mentioned most by Raith fans on the Raith thread.  Whether  it's a pound or a thousand pounds it's a complete waste of money that's for sure.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, JBJ said:

You’ll be telling us all next that your manager wasn’t all over him either trying to get him to play for your club.

We showed an interest but not at the price clyde were asking as far as I know.  Rennies away now so who gives a feck.