The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

Pivotal season upcoming for Falkirk after 3 consecutive seasons of regression. You've laid the blame at two different BODs, 4 different management teams and three squads of players during this spell. Your fans have frequently deflected with attendance sizes and finance (the famous blue pound). However after a sixth place finish this season you'll go into next season with a manager on a poor run of form at his previous club, a large squad of proven duds signed on inflated wages, you'll no longer have the largest attendance in the league, you'll most definitely not have the largest budget. So if next season doesn't pan out do Falkirk fans finally take their reality check?

This comes across very desperate, you’ll obviously have nothing to worry about next season in this case and will be 20 points clear of us at the top of the league before Christmas time. Leats see how it pans out. 😉 

6 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

They took 3k to a playoff game, don't talk pish

Their average attendance was bigger than yours this season. Sorry, that's just the truth. As your own fans have admitted recently on this thread yours has slipped year on year for the last 3 years (30-40% from a high of over 5k a couple of years ago). That's unlikely to change after an absolute disaster of a campaign. I agree it's presumption, rather than fact that theirs will be bigger next season but it's based on solid evidence. 😁

4 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

This comes across very desperate, you’ll obviously have nothing to worry about next season in this case and will be 20 points clear of us at the top of the league before Christmas time. Leats see how it pans out. 😉 

In the event we are still in the same league as you next season I suspect the gap will be significantly smaller between us both in mid table than that...

6 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So who were the replacements then? Craigen who hardly kicked a ball? Joe McKee who was brutal in the main.  The vast majority of his signings were rotten. Taylor Morgan , Rory boulding, Alex cooper, David Smith, Harris,  tudur Jones, Kevin McCann, Ryan sinnamon, Fraser aird, gasparotto, John Rankin to name but a few.  You can count his really good ones on a fifers hand.

You have a major grudge against Houston sir. The guy deserves a lot more respect for his service to our club than you show him. Stop sniping all the time ffs.

2 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

I bow to your superior knowledge of statistically Scotland's 28th best team.

Form is temporary, class is permanent. We'll give you a wave as we pass you in the coming seasons.

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Is that all? It feels longer.

Depends on your perception I suppose, I was just going with consecutive seasons where you finished lower in the pyramid as a measuring stick. This would be the 5th in a row, with a fall of 14 places in those 5 years. You would have to go back to the 2015 campaign where there was demonstrable progress placing wise.

3 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Pivotal season upcoming for Falkirk after 3 consecutive seasons of regression. You've laid the blame at two different BODs, 4 different management teams and three squads of players during this spell. Your fans have frequently deflected with attendance sizes and finance (the famous blue pound). However after a sixth place finish this season you'll go into next season with a manager on a poor run of form at his previous club, a large squad of proven duds signed on inflated wages, you'll no longer have the largest attendance in the league, you'll most definitely not have the largest budget. So if next season doesn't pan out do Falkirk fans finally take their reality 

Won't have biggest attendance, or largest budget, coming from a club who can't fill half main stand ,ffc will have biggest budget and fanbase 

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You have a major grudge against Houston sir. The guy deserves a lot more respect for his service to our club than you show him. Stop sniping all the time ffs.

I don't if you bothered reading my other post I said he was an excellent manager tactically and great at getting more out of other managers signings. His own signings were poor in the main unfortunately and that can't be denied. You only have to look at the long list of dross he brought in. 

8 minutes ago, Hugh hill said:

Won't have biggest attendance, or largest budget, coming from a club who can't fill half main stand ,ffc will have biggest budget and fanbase 

You're literally a season away from needing to go PT or hybrid due to the club's horrendous performance and it's knock on effect on the old finances and have a hugely dwindling fanbase. But you will have a bigger budget than Gretna 2.0, who are so cash rich they were paying premier League money in the fourth tier this season 😂😂😂😂

33 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

You're literally a season away from needing to go PT or hybrid due to the club's horrendous performance and it's knock on effect on the old finances and have a hugely dwindling fanbase. But you will have a bigger budget than Gretna 2.0, who are so cash rich they were paying premier League money in the fourth tier this season 😂😂😂😂

1893F7A7-EC12-44E1-A4D1-F82A1D9156F6.png