The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I know that it was the Raith chairman who pushed through the deal when mcglynn was against it.  

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not according to John mcglynn. Whilst he was keen to start with once he found out the feelings of the fans etc on it he was dead against it but the chairman overruled him. That's straight from the horse's mouth 

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

There's a difference though from  putting him forward as a signing initially and then having gauged opinion decided it's a very bad idea and then being overruled  to just wanting to sign him no matter what.

Your first post implied total innocence on McGlynn's part which isn't actually the case then, is it Shadwell? If he was all for the signing initially then my low opinion of him stands.

Just now, Brockvillenomore said:

Which is it wise guy. 

I'm certainly not a fantasist I can tell you that. I know a number of people involved with Raith and Falkirk. What's this wise guy pish all about.  Expecting Joe pesci to appear in a minute.

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not according to John mcglynn. Whilst he was keen to start with once he found out the feelings of the fans etc on it he was dead against it but the chairman overruled him. That's straight from the horse's mouth 

So dead against it, he wrote on the official site a piece about how important the signing was and how good it would be.

There is no way Sim railroads through a signing over McGlynn's head. He could have killed the signing at any point by simply stating that he would refuse to pick him.

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Sounds like he’s covering his arse a bit. I’d actually heard that McGlynn wasn’t chuffed at all the board/fans prevented him from playing his star signing.

I'm certainly not a fantasist I can tell you that. I know a number of people involved with Raith and Falkirk. What's this wise guy pish all about.  Expecting Joe pesci to appear in a minute.

It's a shame you weren't able to convey the truth of McGlynn's resistance to the signing some months ago. Might have saved his reputation.

Just now, Bairn in Exile said:

Your first post implied total innocence on McGlynn's part which isn't actually the case then, is it Shadwell? If he was all for the signing initially then my low opinion of him stands.

You fire ahead and boo him from the stands then. I see him as a guy who realised his mistake and went against the bod signing him. He was then overruled.

Guest Brockvillenomore
3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Name them. 

Pivotal season upcoming for Falkirk after 3 consecutive seasons of regression. You've laid the blame at two different BODs, 4 different management teams and three squads of players during this spell. Your fans have frequently deflected with attendance sizes and finance (the famous blue pound). However after a sixth place finish this season you'll go into next season with a manager on a poor run of form at his previous club, a large squad of proven duds signed on inflated wages, you'll no longer have the largest attendance in the league, you'll most definitely not have the largest budget. So if next season doesn't pan out do Falkirk fans finally take their reality check?

Probably the most boring post I’ve seen for a long time, and that takes some going.

Just now, renton said:

It's a shame you weren't able to convey the truth of McGlynn's resistance to the signing some months ago. Might have saved his reputation.

I didn't know then did I FFS.   Frankly I wouldn't have given a feckif he had been all for it to the very death. That's raiths problem they need to resolve and hee haw to do with Falkirk

1 minute ago, Brockvillenomore said:

Name them. 

I'm not naming them on here. It's up to you if you believe what I'm saying or not. He's at Falkirk now anyway. What he did at Raith means hee haw . I'm more bothered about what he'll do at Falkirk.

Can I just ask how long we are going to go round in circles about Goodwillie for? Nobody is going to win, nobody is going to lose, nobody is going to reveal sources, nobody is going to back down. Can we call it a draw and move on?

I'm not naming them on here. It's up to you if you believe what I'm saying or not. He's at Falkirk now anyway. What he did at Raith means hee haw . I'm more bothered about what he'll do at Falkirk.

Eh, naw. It means we're happy to appoint a manager who's a rapist apologist at worst and an idiot at best.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I didn't know then did I FFS.   Frankly I wouldn't have given a feckif he had been all for it to the very death. That's raiths problem they need to resolve and hee haw to do with Falkirk

McGlynn wasn't against the signing. Nothing that he wrote or said at the time or later so much as hinted at him being against it.

As an SPFL manager he wasn't shy of a microphone if he wanted to tell the world what he actually thought, or if he wasn't keen on that - any number of back channels via journalists or indeed, apparently, your good self. 

He wasn't. There is a charitable interpretation that a narrow focused guy immersed in his football problems clung to the best football solution that presented itself. Other interpretations are available.

55 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Pivotal season upcoming for Falkirk after 3 consecutive seasons of regression. You've laid the blame at two different BODs, 4 different management teams and three squads of players during this spell. Your fans have frequently deflected with attendance sizes and finance (the famous blue pound). However after a sixth place finish this season you'll go into next season with a manager on a poor run of form at his previous club, a large squad of proven duds signed on inflated wages, you'll no longer have the largest attendance in the league, you'll most definitely not have the largest budget. So if next season doesn't pan out do Falkirk fans finally take their reality check?

We are absolutely massive, in complete contrast to your tinpot rabble. And dont you forget it. 

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

Dunfermline, based on the fact that your attendance has dropped each year for several years (discussed at length recently and unlikely to change next season with a 6th place finish and coat of living crisis) and they currently have a larger average crowd than you do.

They took 3k to a playoff game, don't talk pish