The Falkirk FC Thread

48 minutes ago, Cologne said:

It doesn’t matter whether it’s untrue. 

What matters to Shadwell is getting out a version of events that reflects well on the decisions of the current FFC board.

Because he has a close friend who serves on it. 

Thanks.

That explains so much.

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I know that it was the Raith chairman who pushed through the deal when mcglynn was against it.  

Sorry but there’s not a version of events I’ve heard where McGlynn was ever against signing DG. Even our former chairman Bill Clark who appointed McGlynn and resigned from the board in response to the signing, a man who has a bit of a known agenda against our former chairman John Sim and when he spoke to our local radio station looked to exonerate McGlynn somewhat, didn’t deny the original suggestion to sign DG came from McGlynn himself.

Edited by Enigma

Pivotal season upcoming for Falkirk after 3 consecutive seasons of regression. You've laid the blame at two different BODs, 4 different management teams and three squads of players during this spell. Your fans have frequently deflected with attendance sizes and finance (the famous blue pound). However after a sixth place finish this season you'll go into next season with a manager on a poor run of form at his previous club, a large squad of proven duds signed on inflated wages, you'll no longer have the largest attendance in the league, you'll most definitely not have the largest budget. So if next season doesn't pan out do Falkirk fans finally take their reality check?

3 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Pivotal season upcoming for Falkirk after 3 consecutive seasons of regression. You've laid the blame at two different BODs, 4 different management teams and three squads of players during this spell. Your fans have frequently deflected with attendance sizes and finance (the famous blue pound). However after a sixth place finish this season you'll go into next season with a manager on a poor run of form at his previous club, a large squad of proven duds signed on inflated wages, you'll no longer have the largest attendance in the league, you'll most definitely not have the largest budget. So if next season doesn't pan out do Falkirk fans finally take their reality check?

This is a post made of shite from start to finish m8

There isn't a hope in hell Mcglynn was against the signing.

He also apparently said as recently as a few weeks ago he was happy to stay at the Rovers,  my uneducated guess would be that something in the contract talks has spooked him.  

All irrelevant now, good luck to him.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

All of it mate. Its a garbage post, clearly looking for bites. I suppose if you count this as one you can probably disappear 👍

Ah yes, the old "I literally can't provide an example so I'll go in another direction".

1 minute ago, badgerthewitness said:

Which club will?

Dunfermline, based on the fact that your attendance has dropped each year for several years (discussed at length recently and unlikely to change next season with a 6th place finish and coat of living crisis) and they currently have a larger average crowd than you do.

1 minute ago, cb_diamond said:

Ah yes, the old "I literally can't provide an example so I'll go in another direction".

No mate, your post is shite, totally unreflective of the opinions of Falkirk fans on this forum. You, like so many others over the season, have steamed in here desperate to tell us all what we think/should think about the club and its place. 

Unsurprisngly, we all know more about all these things than you do, and hence, know that you are slavering shite. 

2 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Dunfermline, based on the fact that your attendance has dropped each year for several years (discussed at length recently and unlikely to change next season with a 6th place finish and coat of living crisis) and they currently have a larger average crowd than you do.

Have you read any of their fans' posts, this weekend? They don't think they'll attract a crowd at all.

9 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Point out one untruth there.

5 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Which club will?

4 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

2 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Lol.... Chinning others to back up what they say whilst also presenting future predictions as fact 😂 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

No mate, your post is shite, totally unreflective of the opinions of Falkirk fans on this forum. You, like so many others over the season, have steamed in here desperate to tell us all what we think/should think about the club and its place. 

Unsurprisngly, we all know more about all these things than you do, and hence, know that you are slavering shite. 

Several of the things mentioned have literally been trotted out by your own fans in the last half dozen pages. 😂

2 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Have you read any of their fans' posts, this weekend? They don't think they'll attract a crowd at all.

Doesn't in any way change either of the two factual statements I've made though does it?

ETA- grammar

Edited by cb_diamond

3 hours ago, JBJ said:

That statement is plain and simply untrue

Not according to John mcglynn. Whilst he was keen to start with once he found out the feelings of the fans etc on it he was dead against it but the chairman overruled him. That's straight from the horse's mouth 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

38 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Sorry but there’s not a version of events I’ve heard where McGlynn was ever against signing DG. Even our former chairman Bill Clark who appointed McGlynn and resigned from the board in response to the signing, a man who has a bit of a known agenda against our former chairman John Sim and when he spoke to our local radio station looked to exonerate McGlynn somewhat, didn’t deny the original suggestion to sign DG came from McGlynn himself.

There's a difference though from  putting him forward as a signing initially and then having gauged opinion decided it's a very bad idea and then being overruled  to just wanting to sign him no matter what.

Guest Brockvillenomore
6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not according to John mcglynn. Whilst he was keen to start with once he found out the feelings of the fans etc on it he was dead against it but the chairman overruled him. That's straight from the horse's mouth 

Which horse is that. John McGlynn? You’re either a fantasist or your mate in the board is leaking. 

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Would you say the same about your own support given that you guys were talking a lot on here about the drop in home attendance?

If wed been in the relegation playoffs we'd have got bigger crowds not smaller.  Our drop in crowds was because there was feck all to play for this season.