The Falkirk FC Thread

Have to hope QP find a way to get past Airdrie and go up.  If they stay down I expect they'll be far more competitive than this year with the £££ behind them.  

As others have said, if Airdrie stay down, there's a good chance some of their players will be nicked.  

If Airdrie don't go up then I reckon Ian Murray will end up at Scumfermline. They should have enough to beat Queens Park over two legs though.

Funny that it was Simon Murray who dealt the final blow yesterday given someone on here was saying he's on route to us this summer.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I know that it was the Raith chairman who pushed through the deal when mcglynn was against it.  

McGlynn put DG to the BoD

No surprise that he was not happy at being flung in front of the cameras to field questions and therefore couldn't get out of Raith quick enough when we came calling. He was desperate to get the Falkirk management job which in our situation is quite remarkable.

If he was that much of hurry to get out he should have been man enough to walk it

However because he put DG forward to the BoD he didnt

Guest JBJ

I know that it was the Raith chairman who pushed through the deal when mcglynn was against it.  

That statement is plain and simply untrue

47 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Given that we haven't made the playoffs for 2 seasons on the belt, I don think thats true. Of course we should be aiming at the top and we should build around that goal. 4th place however, will be a demonstrable improvement.

OK, but without knowing or investigating the background to your last two seasons, they have to be an aberration. It's only a matter of time before the Bairns get their shit together again ... and McGlynn is a sound appointment towards that aim.

The Pars appear to be in the place you were behind the scenes two years ago, so the bookies will post short odds on you next season. The Bairns will be the yardstick for the rest.

34 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

That's not true.  If Raith had been offering the same money and length of contract he's have stayed there.  

So you know this as fact do you? 

59 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

How can you possibly type that there as an expression of fact?

58 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Because it is.  

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

So you know this as fact do you? 

Apparently. It must have come from the mouth of John McGlynn himself, being the literal only man who could present such a thing as fact. 

47 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

If Airdrie don't go up then I reckon Ian Murray will end up at Scumfermline. They should have enough to beat Queens Park over two legs though.

Funny that it was Simon Murray who dealt the final blow yesterday given someone on here was saying he's on route to us this summer.

Just shows you the credibility of these attention seekers claiming to have inside information.

I wish folk would stop pissing their pants at how difficult the league is going to be. These teams are hardly brilliant and this nonsense about 4th being a good achievement needs hit on the head. With good recruitment we have every chance.

100% this

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We don’t know the real reason why McGlynn left (what your saying might be true to why he left I dunno) as Rovers supporters, but what we do know for a fact and it comes from McGlynn himself, he was in charge of transfers if he wanted a player he would go to the BoD, and we know in late December/January he had a lists of strikers and DG was on it along with Jack Hamilton and Alegria and 1 other so he likely has something to do with it 

52 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Apparently. It must have come from the mouth of John McGlynn himself, being the literal only man who could present such a thing as fact. 

He did at our POTY awards saying if club offered him a contract he would’ve signed it by now (before the end of the season) and maybe because our board only reacted when the Falkirk news came out, he maybe felt disrespected and not properly wanted….. we don’t know as rovers supporters why he truly left 

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Their support is fickle, you only need look at the empty spaces yesterday in a huge game for them. 

Would you say the same about your own support given that you guys were talking a lot on here about the drop in home attendance?

6 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Would you say the same about your own support given that you guys were talking a lot on here about the drop in home attendance?

Our attendances went a bit off a cliff once it became clear we were playing dead rubbers and the players had utterly chucked it. 

Suppose fickle comes into it, but we wont really know until STs go on sale. 

I suspect hiring a football manager in a seldom seen fit of sensible decision making might head a good chunk of the potential stayaways off at the pass

4 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Whilst it’s all fun and games Dunfermline coming down, it’s going to make this league extremely difficult, and to even make the plays off will be a tough ask without investment. It’s been stated we must get out this league next year, and I don’t see that happening I’m afraid. Don’t want to be Mr doom and gloom, I just don’t see where the money is coming from to get the players we need.

And being hamstrung by a bunch of diddies that Holt saw fit to dish out two and three year contracts to. 

1 hour ago, JBJ said:

That statement is plain and simply untrue

It doesn’t matter whether it’s untrue. 

What matters to Shadwell is getting out a version of events that reflects well on the decisions of the current FFC board.

Because he has a close friend who serves on it. 

Guest Brockvillenomore
3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

How do you “know” that. Seriously. Have you been told this is the case, if so, who told you: or is it just you havering? 

How do you “know” that. Seriously. Have you been told this is the case, if so, who told you: or is it just you havering? 

Did shadwell not once say he was friendly with the scouts at Raith Rovers.
Could have been the Boy Scouts though