The Falkirk FC Thread

Whilst I can’t say I’m excited about the appointment of McGlynn (more around not wanting to get excited based on previous appointments rather than McGlynn himself) I am pleased that the new board have made what appears to be a very sensible choice. Let’s not kid ourselves either, being able to recruit a manager from the top half of the Championship to the bottom half of League 1 is impressive.

It’s also good to see the foresight is there to recruit his right hand man with him which will give us stability from the off.

I’ve been very critical of the appointment of Rennie, it just doesn’t work but with this appointment I’m reasonably optimistic about next season - although not getting carried away.

Well done the board on how they have conducted their business 👏.

31 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Just know that McGlynn likes physicality.

McCann is close to midget status. He’d be great as a jockey.

Physicality isn't just about height, it should help obviously but just ask Tom Taiwo, Mark Millar or even Hagi if you will. McCann loses a few headers because of his height but I can't say i've ever seen him as lightweight, doesn't really get pushed around just targeted for long balls from time to time. Williamson's 6ft odds and loses more headers and tackles than McCann so i'm not buying that taller is better.

Guest Ecosse83
4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Physicality isn't just about height, it should help obviously but just ask Tom Taiwo, Mark Millar or even Hagi if you will. McCann loses a few headers because of his height but I can't say i've ever seen him as lightweight, doesn't really get pushed around just targeted for long balls from time to time. Williamson's 6ft odds and loses more headers and tackles than McCann so i'm not buying that taller is better.

Fabio Cannavaro, that’s all you had to say mate 😂

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

Would not be unhappy to offload Williamson.

Wilson wasn't a million miles worse than him and it's not even his position! 

Can only surmise the fear of injury has set in with Williamson.

I would keep Williamson as he could play the same role for FFC as Jack Grealish does for Man City. Club mascot.

18 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:i'm not buying that taller is better.

I would agree as and when there’s a Xavi and Iniesta and Messi in the side.

I would take a Crawford Baptie type all day long ahead of a Telfer or McGuffie.

Obviously we need to strengthen all over the park but the most difficult position to recruit is a striker and given our only options at the moment are Malcolm and Wilson hopefully Mcglynn gets one tied up straight away.

Some cracking free transfers available on Bosmans.  Think wages might be an issue though. I'd think with a squad like this, our previous management teams might be able to just squeeze into the play offs

André Onana

Serge Aurier        Antonio Rüdiger          Andreas Christensen        Marcelo

Ousmane  Dembélé     Paul Pogba            Franck Kessié                 Ivan Perisic

Kylian Mbappé      Paulo Dybala

Some cracking free transfers available on Bosmans.  Think wages might be an issue though. I'd think with a squad like this, our previous management teams might be able to just squeeze into the play offs

André Onana

Ousmane  Dembélé     Paul Pogba            Franck Kessié                 Ivan Perisic

Lewis would not be able to pronounce most of them so a no go for me

I’m confident that McGlynn will get the most out of whatever squad of players he manages to put together.

Whether he puts together a squad capable of winning this league is anyone’s guess though. 

André Onana

This is something I’d expect on COYB Facebook page.

1 hour ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

André Onana

Fair enough signing these guys, but who would MR have dropped?

I think it’s pretty much the case that McGlynn has a free hit next season. Provided he gets into the play offs that is.

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think it’s pretty much the case that McGlynn has a free hit next season. Provided he gets into the play offs that is.

Has a lot of work to do and not a lot of time to do it and one hell of a job turning it around. He deserves our goodwill and support in what is a massive season ahead.

The players on contract have a lot to prove and should be under no illusion from the management team that they look after themselves and come back to pre season training ready to go. McGynn I hope had them all in and laid down the law on what's expected.

I'm a bit worried that last night's Twitter announcement might have tipped off the Raith BOD about our interest in McGlynn. Need to keep these leaks under wraps, sign of an incompetent board IMO.