The Falkirk FC Thread

I'll give McGlynn plenty time if there is evidence on the park of a cohesive unit, effort, teamwork and the knowledge we will actually be competitive in matches. All have been missing for a good few years now.

Arrived last night at Tenerife airport to a WhatsApp message showing FFC twitter update of McGlynn and Smith being announced, excellent start to a wee week chilling in the sun. Not getting ahead of ourselves but feels good to have people at the helm who have a bit experience and seem to know what they are doing. Well played the board for the professionalism displayed in these negotiations and the lack of leakage.

p.s when do they ST’s go on sale

COYB

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

Arrived last night at Tenerife airport to a WhatsApp message showing FFC twitter update of McGlynn and Smith being announced, excellent start to a wee week chilling in the sun. Not getting ahead of ourselves but feels good to have people at the helm who have a bit experience and seem to know what they are doing. Well played the board for the professionalism displayed in these negotiations and the lack of leakage.

p.s when do they ST’s go on sale

COYB

Thought you were taking a wee off from all things FFC sher!!

14 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

This is meant in a friendly manner HSW.  I have noticed your recent contributions on here are way off the scale.  Maybe you should take a break, it's going to be a long summer.  We must be much of the same age going by some of your memories of early 70's games.  Chin up.

I have always seen HSW as a comical character from his mantras about Phil Rawlins evil plan to destroy the club & buy it for peanuts , asking advice on H&S from ARCO, to playing with a sweeper in 2022, to FFC going part time next season with 13 or 14 full time contracted players on the books but i feel he has really jumped the shark with this Leakgate nonsense.

He needs a long break like EdiBairn is having.    

New

Williamson Benedictus _New_ McCann

Morrison _New_ Spencer _New_

_New_ _New_

Subs: Martin, _New_, Watson (when fit), _New_, Nesbitt, McGuffie, _New_, _New_, Malcom 

Hetherington, Wilson and McKay can be trebucheted. Holt can be loaned out to the East of Scotland league 

2 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

New

_New_ _New_

Subs: Martin, _New_, Watson (when fit), _New_, Nesbitt, McGuffie, _New_, _New_, Malcom 

Hetherington, Wilson and McKay can be trebucheted. Holt can be loaned out to the East of Scotland league 

We lost so many goals through McCann when he played last season, he’ll be a back up imho. 

4 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

New

_New_ _New_

New

new new new new

new new new

morrison new new 

19 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Griffiths has gone the way of Riordan and O'Connor.  There was a hint Cummings may do the same but he screwed the nut.  What is it with Hibs youngsters?

Cummings mentioned in the same breath as them is laughable, his career was over the day he left the Scottish 2nd tier, forest being the mugs to pay actual cash for him.

Isn't he in Australia now, most players are 34/35+ going there

12 hours ago, Oberon43 said:

He seems to have lost the plot over the last few months and I’m afraid he may be turning into another Yogi. 

Relegating Fife clubs ?

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

New

new new new new

new new new

morrison new new 

We'd have to confirm with Raith fans but I'm sure Mcglynn loves himself a 4-2-3-1. As unpopular as it is I reckon Hetherington will be given a shot this season under Mcglynn even if it is just as back up. Mccann as well will be back in. Williamson may well be moved on as he's horrendous defensively, mentioned it before but if there aren't any takers for him I'd like to see him move one up as he's got a good delivery on him.

New
New New New Mccann
New New
Williamson New Morrison
New

25 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

New

_New_ _New_

I reckon quite a few of those will be binned.

Williamson, McCann, Nesbitt, Martin and McGuffie.

Can’t see McGlynn wanting them.

21 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I reckon quite a few of those will be binned.

Williamson, McCann, Nesbitt, Martin and McGuffie.

Can’t see McGlynn wanting them.

McCann is a very good player at this level when played in his best position. Christ, even at LB he's a better defender than ATS. Complete mystery to me why Rennie favoured McGuffie at WB instead.

38 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

McCann is a very good player at this level when played in his best position. Christ, even at LB he's a better defender than ATS. Complete mystery to me why Rennie favoured McGuffie at WB instead.

Just know that McGlynn likes physicality.

McCann is close to midget status. He’d be great as a jockey.

Just out of interest, how many remained from the relegation season of 01/02 (when we were due to go down) for our league winning season of 02/03?

From memory we had:

Hill
Rennie
Lawrie
McQuilken
Christie
Kerr
Miller
Rodgers

Albeit some are better than others, and have played varying games, but funny how a better manager and a few better signings can turn it around.

Could McGlynn get better out of these players (even as squad/bench players):

Williamson
McCann
Hetherington
McGuffie
Nesbitt

We massively need to upgrade throughout the spine of the time especially but might not need the wholesale changes from a squad point of view.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

We'd have to confirm with Raith fans but I'm sure Mcglynn loves himself a 4-2-3-1. As unpopular as it is I reckon Hetherington will be given a shot this season under Mcglynn even if it is just as back up. Mccann as well will be back in. Williamson may well be moved on as he's horrendous defensively, mentioned it before but if there aren't any takers for him I'd like to see him move one up as he's got a good delivery on him.

New
New New New Mccann
New New
Williamson New Morrison
New

19 of 36 league games according to Transfermarkt.

Buzzing for the 442 shouts already.

Edited by Chinatoon Bairn