The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, pub car king said:

He can be cantankerous and frustrating but be patient and he will sort out the shit show you guys have become and have you aying decent football. He has great contacts in the game for loan signings and has an eye for a young player. 

The majority of McGlyn’s loan signings were lacklustre to say the least. Personally I’m glad he’s gone. Much as I like him as a bloke, his record is nothing special. He seems to have lost the plot over the last few months and I’m afraid he may be turning into another Yogi. I feel sorry for the Bairns as I think this appointment may well turn sour very quickly. Good luck!

1 minute ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

THIS
People always try to fill a vacuum and that's what the ITK posts were. I got a wee bit annoyed at one point then I remembered that this is what a faceless forum is. Good luck to the new men and wish you a lot of fortune with either getting rid of or transforming the dross you are lumbered with.

It's just a bit of fun, lighten up.  Leaks do happen from all different sources, would rather folk shared them as a bit of speculation keeps the forum interesting.  

Nothing is guaranteed until its officially confirmed. 

2 minutes ago, Oberon43 said:

The majority of McGlyn’s loan signings were lacklustre to say the least. Personally I’m glad he’s gone. Much as I like him as a bloke, his record is nothing special. He seems to have lost the plot over the last few months and I’m afraid he may be turning into another Yogi. I feel sorry for the Bairns as I think this appointment may well turn sour very quickly. Good luck!

I have an uneasy fear that this is the case too but prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt and let's see what happens.  

Guest Brockvillenomore
1 minute ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

@Brockvillenomore think you'll find I told you on Sunday ;)

You did indeed! Apologies. 🤓. Happy to be proved wrong.  To be fair there was the odd mention, but not that many. My point remains though. They didn’t approach RR on Saturday, it surely was around the time MR decided he was leaving (pushed or jumped, who knows) and that’s likely to be early April judging by the announcement on the 14th. 

As an aside, I went to Porto versus Vizela at the weekend.

A team flying high and a support singing their hearts out. The atmosphere was incredible.

At 2 nil up, Porto started to give the ball away and were super sloppy. The fans vented their anger as they threw away a 2 goal lead. It was pretty vociferous.

The players never chucked it. They ran further and worked harder because they were so desperate to obviously win the game and pretty much the title but to also please the fans. At the end, they celebrated with them behind the goal and they all got a standing ovation.

Made me think of our current charlatans constantly blaming the fans, pitch, anything but themselves for being sh***.

Can't wait until we bin the lot of them!

It’s a lot easier to give time, as a fan, to a guy who has proven success. 

Not a diddy who came from American women’s football, or a guy who who put the cones out for Mcinness, or a pair whos subsequent careers have been hairdressing and estate agents. 

58 minutes ago, Oberon43 said:

Sure, Bro. Must try harder. 

15 minutes ago, The Laddie Gastineau said:

Sure, Bro. Must try harder. 

Don’t get me wrong- I hope he does well for you but I just think he is past his sell by date. His emotional attachment to Raith certainly helped him over there but he has no such feelings about Falkirk. Other weaknesses: no plan B, an over reliance on video analysis, poor at making substitutions, too reliant on his own favourite players to the detriment of others, poor signings (especially loan signings), awful record in play-offs.

BUT....he is great at developing young players, has a great assistant in Smith, plays attractive football (although not so much in the seaside league, more a long ball tactic there), and he is popular with the fans and players.

Just can’t see the Falkirk fans being as patient when you don’t get promoted in his first season.

10 minutes ago, Oberon43 said:

Other weaknesses: no plan B, an over reliance on video analysis, poor at making substitutions, too reliant on his own favourite players to the detriment of others, poor signings (especially loan signings), awful record in play-offs.

Sounds like he should fit right in.

By the way, what is this 'play-off' you speak of?

Not that I was never going to renew my ST, although the thought did cross my mind a few times. But with this slight whiff of optimism, i'm up at 5 in the morning, reading this nonsense and champing at the bit  to get it, my auld boys and the new kit. Amazing what a new "manager" can do. COYB.

8 hours ago, bairn88 said:

It’s a lot easier to give time, as a fan, to a guy who has proven success. 

Not a diddy who came from American women’s football, or a guy who who put the cones out for Mcinness, or a pair whos subsequent careers have been hairdressing and estate agents. 

Absolutely this. 

it may be difficult in his first season as he will have to deal with the dross you already have signed up. But give him a season to build the squad a bit and you’ll be laughing to the title. 

The only thing I would be concerned about is your full time status. I am sure there was hints that this season coming may be the last season of full time? Maybe I picked it up wrong. McGlynn has done well with a hybrid squad so it’s not all that bad. With a fair few more teams full time now in league one, I do think full time is the way out of that league 

10 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Wonder what the ST figures will look like next season, already seen a few say McGlynns appointment will make them renew having decided not to. Think the recruitment will be a big factor for some people though.

I do agree, might even coax a few back who haven't the last few seasons. If he gets us playing with an identity and a bit of heart the PATG numbers will shoot up too.

25 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Wonder what the ST figures will look like next season, already seen a few say McGlynns appointment will make them renew having decided not to. Think the recruitment will be a big factor for some people though.

The early appointment of a manager is a good starting point.